X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sock- that's my guess too

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Fahrenheit 451 by Bradbury would fit the description...
      Ahh, good thinking...that's a solid guess, and would certainly seem to fit the description of "visionary" and "most important authors of the 20th century", etc.

Now I'll kind of be surprised if it's *not* F. 451!
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Have no idea but if it is I will probably be in even though I already own a number of copies of the book.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        Ahh, good thinking...that's a solid guess, and would certainly seem to fit the description of "visionary" and "most important authors of the 20th century", etc.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Ah yes, just what we need, another special edition of Fahrenheit 451!

If it is that, Paul really has his work cut out for him to top some of the earlier editions. I know he does outstanding work, but one edition can kill you (if you grind up the binding and snort it).

Comment

Boy, are you in for a surprise when it ends up being 50 Shades made from bonded leather!

Comment

Can't buy books during apocalyptic scenario lol. It was a total chaos at all shops here today.. and who knows what other emergencies are coming. it's definitely being driven by excessive panic but since market is also in a freefall..and not knowing how long it will last..have to keep book purchases aside in case of any real needs.

Comment

This about my 10th end of the world scenario, I'm sure this one will be just as disappointing as the others....LOL!

Comment

Lol that is true , nevertheless the disease is real and is best to take precautions and have money on hand. Can't really cook books :P

Comment

Just ordered the gift edition. My favorite author and I really love this book.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      Just ordered the gift edition. My favorite author and I really love this book.
                      I am planning to also order the gift edition. This book had a lasting impact on me when I read it in high school and I currently do not have a copy. It will also be my first Suntup. I will wait to see if CD offers copies of the artist edition so I can order through my CD account.

Comment

Will probably pass. I already have a signed (by Bradbury) HC 1st of 451 (the edition also with Gaiman’s intro), so while this Suntup edition looks quite nice, I think I’m covered, and just don’t the burning love for this book (see what I did there?;-)) to buy a redundant copy like I did with I AM LEGEND.

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
                          Lol that is true , nevertheless the disease is real and is best to take precautions and have money on hand. Can't really cook books :P
                          Have you met Enron?

Comment

As much as I would love the Numbered version, I can't pull the trigger. The AGE will be more than sufficient for me.

Trying to prioritize the spending because of what's going on outside the window right now.

Comment

Will probably pass. I already have a signed (by Bradbury) HC 1st of 451 (the edition also with Gaiman’s intro), so while this Suntup edition looks quite nice, I think I’m covered, and just don’t the burning love for this book (see what I did there?;-)) to buy a redundant copy like I did with I AM LEGEND.
                              What sold me was the extra 77 pages of historical content.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                                What sold me was the extra 77 pages of historical content.
                                Good point. That’s the primary reason why I’m probable rather than firm about passing...that extra content is attractive.

Comment

Working...
                                X