• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    If anyone wants the AE get it now. They're flying
    Yikes, like 700 gone already.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Since the new announcement is THE EXORCIST, and based on predictions for future announcements I’ve read here and at TDT.org my guess doesn’t necessarily fit, the book I mentioned earlier is Ken Grimwood’s REPLAY. Paul contacted me a while back to view a letter I have from Grimwood that discusses a work he had in progress, one that contrasted against reports he died while working on a sequel to REPLAY suggest they are one and the same. Add to that, it’s an immensely popular book and has only had one deluxe treatment – by Easton Press – it seemed a potential choice for Suntup. Apparently, though, not yet...we’ll have to see if it ever will be.

As far as the new offering, it’s undeniably attractive, but I will be skipping it in favor of the Cemetery Dance and Lonely Roads editions that I already own, both signed by Blatty.
      REPLAY is a good book. If Suntup does an edition, I might have to spring for an AE of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        If anyone wants the AE get it now. They're flying
        They sure are!

Comment

100% agree with you. The price was only slightly more than LTROI but it surprised me to see these at $150.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

The increased pricing on the AEs is one of the factors that has made it difficult for me to pull the trigger on them. At an under $100 price point, I'd be more flexible, but with them lining up at $130-$150 now, it makes it hard to pull that trigger, especially on a book I already own a limited of.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

30 minutes after announcement only roughly 270 copies of the AE left. WOW! Of course we have to take into consideration that Suntup didn't start with 1000 copies to offer as they had various retailer orders to fill (Lividian, Camelot, etc.), but still... Man, that's impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              100% agree with you. The price was only slightly more than LTROI but it surprised me to see these at $150.

Yeah, I thought that with the increased print run of 1000, there might have been the chance of a slightly lower price point.

I'm just surprised that this was the MOST requested title. Even taking King out of the equation, I'm just surprised that so many people wanted yet another limited edition of The Exorcist, with Suntup's being the fourth. Question: Are we going to see a trend of older limited editions being dismissed for newer editions?

Also, I feel for the pocketbooks for all those on the numbered and lettered train. $850 for the numbered and $3,250 for the lettered. Jiminy Christmas.

Comment

Yeah, I thought that with the increased print run of 1000, there might have been the chance of a slightly lower price point.

I'm just surprised that this was the MOST requested title. Even taking King out of the equation, I'm just surprised that so many people wanted yet another limited edition of The Exorcist, with Suntup's being the fourth. Question: Are we going to see a trend of older limited editions being dismissed for newer editions?

Also, I feel for the pocketbooks for all those on the numbered and lettered train. $850 for the numbered and $3,250 for the lettered. Jiminy Christmas.
                And $6,500 for the Roman Numeral edition.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Since the new announcement is THE EXORCIST, and based on predictions for future announcements I’ve read here and at TDT.org my guess doesn’t necessarily fit, the book I mentioned earlier is Ken Grimwood’s REPLAY. Paul contacted me a while back to view a letter I have from Grimwood that discusses a work he had in progress, one that contrasted against reports he died while working on a sequel to REPLAY suggest they are one and the same. Add to that, it’s an immensely popular book and has only had one deluxe treatment – by Easton Press – it seemed a potential choice for Suntup. Apparently, though, not yet...we’ll have to see if it ever will be.

As far as the new offering, it’s undeniably attractive, but I will be skipping it in favor of the Cemetery Dance and Lonely Roads editions that I already own, both signed by Blatty.
                  Replay rings no bells for me. Guess I need to do some research.

Comment

If it's a trend I will probably be able to stick a little closer to my budget. Hate seeing gorgeous books pass me by however I need to stay in reality.

Comment

To put that in context that is very close to what I bought my car for last year.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

That price is crazy. I didn't even bother mentioning it because that's just fantasy land. That would literally cover my mortgage payments for a third of a year! I'd love to be in the situation financially to spend that much on a book and definitely don't begrudge those that are in that position, but, man, that is a lot of money.

Comment

The $850 price tag for this just continues to make me nervous about the price of Blood Meridian in March.

This one seems like a very nice numbered edition, but it still feels like a Suntup numbered edition.

Blood Meridian's numbered edition is being toted as the same quality of a Suntup lettered edition.

I honestly would not be surprised if it retail at over $1k. My prediction is $1,200, though I'd love to see them prove me wrong! And it will still sell out immediately!

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                            The $850 price tag for this just continues to make me nervous about the price of Blood Meridian in March.

This one seems like a very nice numbered edition, but it still feels like a Suntup numbered edition.

Blood Meridian's numbered edition is being toted as the same quality of a Suntup lettered edition.

I honestly would not be surprised if it retail at over $1k. My prediction is $1,200, though I'd love to see them prove me wrong! And it will still sell out immediately!
                            I could be wrong as I do not have them all but I believe it is only the second non-King limited with a traycase rather than a slipcase. Still clearly a premium price for a limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

I'm glad I'm not on the numbered train or a diehard McCarthy fan (I am a fan of McCarthy, just not at that level). There's a tipping point where the excitement and the stretching to make the budget work for that extra-special book turns into stress and worry, and that's just not fun. Not for me at least.

Comment

And the AE of The Exorcist is SOLD OUT! Congrats to Suntup and all those that bought a copy!

Comment

Working...
                                X