Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swintek View Post
    If it is THE EXORCIST- I would be very surprised that it was the number one requested book for Paul. For all those same reasons you guys say above. In all those surveys- I always put SILENCE OF THE LAMBS as my number 1 choice, so that one didn't surprise me one bit.
    Yeah that’s my reaction as well. I just couldn’t picture so many people asking for an edition of The Exorcist with so many already out there. I don’t have any of those editions so I’d be thrilled to finally have one—and a Suntup to boot. But I couldn’t imagine these long time collectors putting this in their top three.

Comment

Well Paul did not mention how everyone had guessed this one so maybe it is not the Exorcist.

Comment

Not sure what it will be however I will also be checking in at release time. Bank account is ready if it's something I really want.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

If it is THE EXORCIST- I would be very surprised that it was the number one requested book for Paul. For all those same reasons you guys say above. In all those surveys- I always put SILENCE OF THE LAMBS as my number 1 choice, so that one didn't surprise me one bit.
          I didn't have The Exorcist in my requests at all, mostly because of already having the 40th Anniversary from Lonely Road. But then again, I didn't have any horror novels in my requests (Fight Club, Fear and Loathing, and Norwegian Wood).

But to me, I also don't think that The Exorcist is that outlandish as a highly requested book. That survey came out when Suntup had mostly horror novels under their belt, so it makes sense for a lot of the submissions to be horror based. And the film is one of the go to horror classics, which could lead people to name the book of the same name when put on the spot (similarly, there were several people who guessed "The Omen" for the second February book, despite it having never been a novel).

I can definitely see how it may have been the most related title.

I also think that it's more likely that a horror classic, like Dracula or Frankenstein, could have been the most requested title. Those titles are always people's go to novels.

As for my thoughts on those...

Frankenstein would make sense in terms of the books (except the AE) being made entirely by hand.

But I'm not sure why Paul and team would need to rush to secure the rights for a public domain novel. The same for Dracula...

Although, I know that Dacre Stoker had attempted to reclaim the rights a few years back. That could explain their rush, in case the book lost public domain status. HOWEVER, Dacre's quest was over five years ago and Paul said he's only been working on this for a year and a half or so.

We shall see tomorrow!

Comment

I posted this back on 1/8. With Paul's comments in mind (and I hijacked my wife's Facebook account to finally watch one of these live Suntup videos), I just can't see it being the majority's #1 choice. As I say below, I know it has a great deal of popularity, but I can't imagine it would sweep the survey to the degree that Paul indicates...so I no longer "figure it's a 50/50 shot" as it is almost certainly less likely than likely. I remain as curious as the rest of you.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            Paul contacted me a short while back to gain some unique follow-up information, including a scan, about a title that I suggested, one that I know has an immense amount of popularity and has been mentioned before, so if it's that one I know a good number of people, including me, will be very pleased. It has only had one limited treatment done before, but it was not numbered and was not from the smaller presses we typically discuss here...Paul's edition would truly be the first deluxe treatment worthy of the book's popularity and importance. I apologize for being cryptic or vague, but I figure it's a 50/50 shot and I don't want to either spread false rumors or blow the surprise, so I'll have to leave it at that.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I posted this back on 1/8. With Paul's comments in mind (and I hijacked my wife's Facebook account to finally watch one of these live Suntup videos), I just can't see it being the majority's #1 choice. As I say below, I know it has a great deal of popularity, but I can't imagine it would sweep the survey to the degree that Paul indicates...so I no longer "figure it's a 50/50 shot" as it is almost certainly less likely than likely. I remain as curious as the rest of you.

Interesting, Ron. If tomorrow's revelation confirms your suggestion- and, indeed- involvement- I hope you are able to spill a few more details!

Comment

If that's the case and it isn't your book, then perhaps we'll see if further down the road!

Comment

I am rooting for today's announcement to be Ron's suggestion!

Comment

I'm curious as to what the announcement will be this morning. Like others on the forum, if it's The Exorcist, that's going to be a very easy pass as I have Lonely Roads edition.

Comment

It is The Exorcist. I'm passing on this one and will probably wish I hadn't. Combo of the $150 price point, I already own a version of this book, and I already have too many pre-orders out there.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      I'm curious as to what the announcement will be this morning. Like others on the forum, if it's The Exorcist, that's going to be a very easy pass as I have Lonely Roads edition.

Comment

They are going fast by the way. So if anyone is interested they should head over to Suntup.

Comment

So, it's The Exorcist...

The aesthetics of the editions continue to look fantastic. The AE cover is pretty sharp and I particularly like the lettered edition with the "help me" on the cover. The Roman Numeral edition is beautiful as well. Probably the biggest surprise is the Friedkin signature. Since Blatty is no longer with us, Friedkin is the next logical choice for the signature and the new introduction by him is a pretty neat addition. Due to the Suntup frenzy and Friedkin's involvement, I'm sure this will sell out with no problem.

I don't collect multiple editions of books, so it would either be sticking with my Lonely Roads 40th Anniversary Edition signed by Blatty or go for the Suntup AE signed by the artist and the Blatty signature cinches it for me. Not to mention that Lonely Roads is supposed to be doing an edition of Blatty's LEGION...

Comment

Interesting, Ron. If tomorrow's revelation confirms your suggestion- and, indeed- involvement- I hope you are able to spill a few more details!
                            Since the new announcement is THE EXORCIST, and based on predictions for future announcements I’ve read here and at TDT.org my guess doesn’t necessarily fit, the book I mentioned earlier is Ken Grimwood’s REPLAY. Paul contacted me a while back to view a letter I have from Grimwood that discusses a work he had in progress, one that contrasted against reports he died while working on a sequel to REPLAY suggest they are one and the same. Add to that, it’s an immensely popular book and has only had one deluxe treatment – by Easton Press – it seemed a potential choice for Suntup. Apparently, though, not yet...we’ll have to see if it ever will be.

As far as the new offering, it’s undeniably attractive, but I will be skipping it in favor of the Cemetery Dance and Lonely Roads editions that I already own, both signed by Blatty.
                            Last edited by RonClinton; 02-04-2021, 05:24 PM.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

If anyone wants the AE get it now. They're flying

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                                It is The Exorcist. I'm passing on this one and will probably wish I hadn't. Combo of the $150 price point, I already own a version of this book, and I already have too many pre-orders out there.

The increased pricing on the AEs is one of the factors that has made it difficult for me to pull the trigger on them. At an under $100 price point, I'd be more flexible, but with them lining up at $130-$150 now, it makes it hard to pull that trigger, especially on a book I already own a limited of.

Comment

Working...
                                X