No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think bothAEs will be gone today. There are only 24 Starship Troopers left.

Comment

21 on ST...Stranger not too far behind. I caved in and got them for the art, even though I have the Folio Society editions.

Comment

Looks like Starship Troopers has official sold out. Hope everyone that wanted a copy was able to get one. Glad I placed my order yesterday!

Comment

This was a really hard one for me, but I passed. It was these two or DUNE and I’ve already committed to DUNE, so...

I’m kinda surprised TROOPERS sold out faster than STRANGER as the latter was always touted as such an important book in the genre.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            This was a really hard one for me, but I passed. It was these two or DUNE and I’ve already committed to DUNE, so...

I’m kinda surprised TROOPERS sold out faster than STRANGER as the latter was always touted as such an important book in the genre.
            Correctly or not (and probably not, given that I'm not anywhere near a Heinlein or Sci-Fi expert), I've always viewed STRANGER as a bit of an artifact of its '60s origin, with its elements of religious cults and free love and reconceptualized & reorganized culture and hippy-dippy psychic shenanigans, while TROOPERS is a much more straight-forward and timeless militaristic SF classic with a film, as well, under its belt. I'm not at all surprised that TROOPERS sold out before STRANGER...in fact, I myself almost opted for just TROOPERS, until I realized that I'd be kicking myself later on if I bought just one book of what is essentially a two-book set, and reservations aside, I have always kind of wanted to read STRANGER (though not as much as TROOPERS).
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm thankful neither of these were treasures to me as I can't afford a new book right now. I do have a $50 off coupon which made me almost pull the trigger anyway.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

For those not on the Newsletter...

ANNOUNCEMENT SCHEDULE | JANUARY - MARCH 2021
                Happy Holidays, friends! All I can say is, get ready for a wild ride in 2021! We have put together one of our strongest lineups to date, and I am excited to share these with you. To kick the year off, we will be announcing four new titles for the first quarter of 2021. For those who like to plan ahead, here are a few hints about what’s to come:

January

On Wednesday, January 6th I will broadcast live from Facebook at 9 a.m. PT to share some production updates and giveaways. We will announce our first book of 2021 the following day, Thursday January 7th at 9 a.m. PT, at which time the Artist edition will be available for pre-order. Matching Number Pre-Orders will also begin at this time. If there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Number Pre-Orders, depending on quantities these copies may be made available to purchase by lottery only beginning on Saturday, January 9th at 9 a.m. PT.

One of the most requested titles for us to publish as a limited edition, this iconic horror novel left readers hungry for more. The book is available in three states: Lettered, Numbered and Artist. The Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies, and the Artist edition is limited to 1000 copies. Both the Lettered and Numbered editions are signed by the author as well as the artist. The Artist edition is signed by the artist.

February

We will be announcing two titles in the month of February. On Wednesday, February 3rd I will broadcast live from Facebook at 9 a.m. PT. The first title of the month will be announced the following day, Thursday February 4th at 9 a.m. PT, at which time the Artist edition will be available for pre-order. Matching Number Pre-Orders for owners of the January 2021 title who hold a designation of 1-250 will also begin at this time. If there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Number Pre-Orders, depending on quantities, these copies may be made available to purchase by lottery only beginning on Saturday, February 6th at 9 a.m. PT.

We sent out a survey some time back asking customers to tell us what novels they wanted us to publish. This was the #1 most requested book, and is available in four states: Roman Numeral, Lettered, Numbered and Artist. The Roman Numeral edition is limited to 10 copies, the Numbered edition is limited to 250 copies, and the Artist edition is limited to 1000 copies. The Roman Numeral, Lettered and Numbered editions are signed by the author of the introduction and the artist. The Artist edition is signed by the artist.

For the second title of the month, I will broadcast live from Facebook on Wednesday, February 24th at 9 a.m. PT. We will announce this second title on Thursday, February 25th at 9 a.m. PT, at which time the Artist edition will be available for pre-order. Matching Number Pre-Orders will also begin at this time, going to owners of the title announced on February 4th as well as to the owners of the January 2021 title who hold a designation of 251-350. If there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Number Pre-Orders, depending on quantities, these copies may be made available to purchase by lottery only beginning on Saturday, February 27th at 9 a.m. PT.

This terrifying novel from the 1970’s was the author’s debut, breathing new life into a particular breed of horror novel. The book is available in three states: Lettered, Numbered and Artist. The Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies, and the Artist edition is limited to 1000 copies. The Lettered and Numbered editions are signed by the author and the artist. The Artist edition is signed by the artist.

March

On Wednesday, March 17th, I will broadcast live from Facebook at 9 a.m. PT. We will announce our next title the following day, Thursday March 18th, at 9 a.m. PT. Matching Number Pre-Orders for owners of the previous title will also begin at this time. If there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Number Pre-Orders, depending on quantities, these copies may be made available to purchase by lottery only beginning on Saturday, March 20th at 9 a.m. PT.

This novel, our second release by the author, is another one of our most requested titles. Violent, gripping, and exquisitely written, it is frequently lauded as one of the greatest achievements in American literature, and is considered to be the author’s masterpiece. The book is available in two states: Lettered and Numbered. The Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies. All books are signed by the author of the introduction and by the artist. Our Numbered edition of this title has been produced at the level of a Lettered edition.

All four of these titles are already well into production. Your passion and love for these editions continues to inspire me, and I am delighted to say that there are many more surprises ahead in 2021! Wishing you all safe holidays, and a Happy New Year!

Paul Suntup

Comment

Unless one of those is Silence of The Lambs or a King edition I’ll probably pass on all of them

Comment

Sounds like March may be your lucky month. Don't know for sure but it sounds promising.

If it is Blood Meridian I will be slightly disappointed as there is no way I could afford a lettered or numbered.

Originally posted by Nemoh21 View Post
                    Blood meridian has always been my dream Suntup book to get published but I don’t think it ever will for a number of reasons. A first trade edition of blood meridian goes from anywhere from 1500-2500 currently. A signed first edition Blood Meridian which to be honest I’ve never even seen for sale so I don’t know if it even exist, but if it does from my research would go for upwards to $7500-$10000. So if a signed limited edition of this book were published By Suntup I honestly feel like your looking at a book with Misery type value. This book is that big of a deal. This is contingent on if it’s signed. Even if it isn’t signed I still think this is a $2000 book once it hits the secondary market. That’s partially why I don’t think this will ever happen. I know Paul said it was “big” but this would be one of the biggest deals in the book collecting world in a long time, I don’t care what genre you are into. I just think we may want to lower our expectations a little. Don’t mean to be a Debbie downer, this is just my opinion. It’s fun to speculate I know.

Comment

I have a my $50 off coupon burning a hole in my pocket and I'm just waiting for the right book to go for.

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      Unless one of those is Silence of The Lambs or a King edition I’ll probably pass on all of them

Comment

March is definitely Blood Meridian. Was really hoping that McCarthy would sign it, but alas, that is not the case...

Now I just hope the price isn't over $1000, since it is supposed to be of lettered edition quality.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          I notice that the March release information is the only one that does not mention that the prior release will dictate the preorder qualification. Could this be the next King? Paul has also mentioned multiple books in production at over 1,000 pages. Could this ne The Stand or It?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I notice that the March release information is the only one that does not mention that the prior release will dictate the preorder qualification. Could this be the next King? Paul has also mentioned multiple books in production at over 1,000 pages. Could this ne The Stand or It?
                            Good lord if it's The Stand or IT. The published price would be a steal compared to what those will go for aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Good lord if it's The Stand or IT. The published price would be a steal compared to what those will go for aftermarket.
                              Even without the authors signature? Also, will the second King release having no author signature negatively impact the resale value of Misery as people think it carries the rights to a future signed King release? Would people purchase this in hopes that they would have rights to a future signed King release?
                              Last edited by Martin; 12-14-2020, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                                Sounds like March may be your lucky month. Don't know for sure but it sounds promising.

If it is Blood Meridian I will be slightly disappointed as there is no way I could afford a lettered or numbered.

I’d be willing to bet the rights to my Suntup #d March is Blood Meridian. Super excited . Not totally bummed it’s not signed because that was never going to happen in the first place so that’s fine

Comment

Working...
                                X