No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood meridian has always been my dream Suntup book to get published but I don’t think it ever will for a number of reasons. A first trade edition of blood meridian goes from anywhere from 1500-2500 currently. A signed first edition Blood Meridian which to be honest I’ve never even seen for sale so I don’t know if it even exist, but if it does from my research would go for upwards to $7500-$10000. So if a signed limited edition of this book were published By Suntup I honestly feel like your looking at a book with Misery type value. This book is that big of a deal. This is contingent on if it’s signed. Even if it isn’t signed I still think this is a $2000 book once it hits the secondary market. That’s partially why I don’t think this will ever happen. I know Paul said it was “big” but this would be one of the biggest deals in the book collecting world in a long time, I don’t care what genre you are into. I just think we may want to lower our expectations a little. Don’t mean to be a Debbie downer, this is just my opinion. It’s fun to speculate I know.

Comment

I didn't know Blood Meridian was that popular of a book. I've read it, thought well of it, but it was a dark story without much to think about (at least for me) once it was over. Had no idea this commanded those kind of numbers.

Originally posted by Nemoh21 View Post
      Blood meridian has always been my dream Suntup book to get published but I don’t think it ever will for a number of reasons. A first trade edition of blood meridian goes from anywhere from 1500-2500 currently. A signed first edition Blood Meridian which to be honest I’ve never even seen for sale so I don’t know if it even exist, but if it does from my research would go for upwards to $7500-$10000. So if a signed limited edition of this book were published By Suntup I honestly feel like your looking at a book with Misery type value. This book is that big of a deal. This is contingent on if it’s signed. Even if it isn’t signed I still think this is a $2000 book once it hits the secondary market. That’s partially why I don’t think this will ever happen. I know Paul said it was “big” but this would be one of the biggest deals in the book collecting world in a long time, I don’t care what genre you are into. I just think we may want to lower our expectations a little. Don’t mean to be a Debbie downer, this is just my opinion. It’s fun to speculate I know.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

The thing is that McCarthy didn’t have much commercial success prior to the Border Trilogy in the 90s . So the print run for his novels prior to that is very very low. This would include Blood Meridian. Plus it is very difficult to find a copy that hasn’t been price clipped or a remainder mark because again at the time he wasn’t a commercial success. Couple this with the fact that none of the early novels had any limited editions, he rarely if at all signed any first editions and since then his work has become wildly popular and many believe he is the best living American author right now. So you have this scenario now where his work is highly sought after but there isn’t a lot of copies out there for people to buy so that’s why the prices are so high. Also Blood Meridian is considered his masterpiece. It’s in most list of top 100 novels of all time that I have seen. Again this is all my opinion based on what I have seen his books go for over the last 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by Nemoh21 View Post
          Blood meridian has always been my dream Suntup book to get published but I don’t think it ever will for a number of reasons. A first trade edition of blood meridian goes from anywhere from 1500-2500 currently. A signed first edition Blood Meridian which to be honest I’ve never even seen for sale so I don’t know if it even exist, but if it does from my research would go for upwards to $7500-$10000.
          There are a number of signed copies on ABE, and they range from $4664 to $27,500, the low end for a signed UK 1st HC and the high end for a presentation copy of the U.S. 1st. Some of those U.S. signed 1sts on the low end are with signed envelopes or similar...a true signed U.S. 1st seems to hover around the $10K mark.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sea...sts=t&tn=blood

I have a U.S. 1st ed.(thus)/1st printing, but it's the Modern Library (Random House) reprint w/ the Harold Bloom introduction, but even that seems (according to ABE results) to command around $100 - $150.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Ya the highest I’ve seen one actually go for was 14500 and that was at auction in 2014 I believe. That was a VF 1st edition signed. I’ve heard from experts that was an outlier though. It’s more likely to sell for 5-10k depending on condition.

Comment

Don't forget that there is an announcement today a 9 am pacific. Hopefully its something folks are wanting.

Comment

For those who didn't watch the FB Live video, there's a book coming in 2021 that is of VERY high quality. He said the Artist Edition will be like the Numbered Editions and that the Numbered Edition will be like the Lettered Editions.

While this is a very exciting announcement, I have to say that I'm also sort of dreading it. If the price point is also reflective of the quality, there's no way I can afford a $1500 to $2000 Numbered Edition. Hell, the same goes for a $500 Artist Edition, I suppose.

I want to stay on the Numbered Train as long as I can, but I don't know how much longer I can afford it. It's a very disappointing thought, to say the least...

Comment

Books are up. Probably not for me but they look very nice. Love the illustrations in Stranger in a Strange Land.

https://suntup.press/

Comment

Well, todays announcement matched all the speculation. I was intrigued by the stories but assumed the requirement to buy two limited editions at once would be very expensive. The price of the two came in lower than I was expecting for each. I hope to see more limited editions in this price range going forward. The price point enticed me to buy the Artist and Limited editions of both books. Was also pleasantly surprised with the year end gift email from Suntup that I received yesterday.

Comment

I went with the artist Edition of Starship Troopers. I have a long history with that title.......

Comment

I've only seen the movie. Didn't even know it was from a book until recently. Never was a huge science fiction fan and only read it sparingly.

I'm assuming you like the book?

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        I went with the artist Edition of Starship Troopers. I have a long history with that title.......

Comment

I’ve read very little Robert Heinlein, but I’ve always been curious about these two, so when ahead and opted for both from Suntup in the Artist Edition
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I went for the AE copies of both books, which is all I need. I'm off the Numbered train, and my wallet is happier for it.

I bought the Meisha Merlin Heinlein books a few years ago, but haven't reread anything except The Door into Summer since getting them.
                            https://www.heinleinbooks.com/produc...ert-a-heinlein

I almost went for the Virginia Edition this week...at $1120 for the whole set, it's a good deal, but I spent a lot lately, so holding off for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                              I've only seen the movie. Didn't even know it was from a book until recently. Never was a huge science fiction fan and only read it sparingly.

I'm assuming you like the book?

It's one of the books that set me on the Sci-Fi path. My father was a huge reader, stacks of books next to his recliner, Starship Troopers was laying there one day and I picked it up. I guess I was in the 7th and that was that. I read every Heinlein book I could get my hands on after that, Door Into Summer is another favorite.

Comment

If the counts for artist editions are correct on the site...there are about 100 of ST left and about 150 of SiaSL

Comment

Working...
                                X