Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I went for it for a few reasons. Not a sub-genre that I am have read before, so I am curious. An author and book I have never heard of but that appears to have had a large influence.
    I hope you enjoy it. Gibson is one of my favorite writers, just beautiful prose. I've really enjoyed everything he's written. Neuromancer is a particular favorite, being the first Gibson work I read. Heck, I even played the video game adaptation on an Apple II GS. It had music by Devo. One of the interesting things is how Gibson's work has changed over the years. There is a good documentary/interview with him (old at this point) called 'No Maps for These Territories' where he talks about not being able to write anything like Neuromancer any longer as it was effectively, a young man's book and he no longer has access to the kind of mental material that went into it. However, his prose is still sharp as ever in his current books. 'The Peripheral' was really good - a return to more sci-fi themes after a relatively present-set trilogy of books (Pattern Recognition, Spook Country, Zero History).

Comment

Received my shipping notice for Fahrenheit today.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        Received my shipping notice for Fahrenheit today.
        I got mine yesterday too. As well as an email from Jason Mowry that my Red Dragon is on my way back to me with his remarque inside.

Comment

So it looks like I have a copy of the AGE of RED DRAGON on its way to me.

I forgot that I had apparently at some point requested a copy from Camelot...which is all well and good, since I was kind of lamenting not grabbing a copy when I started seeing all the nice shots of the AGE that've been hitting social media. Now it'll sit right next to my signed 1st/1st HC of RD.

Of course, now this has reignited my consideration of the AGE of LTROI, but given the price increase of that AGE and that fact that I already have a 1st HC of it, of a book that I enjoyed but is no masterpiece ala RED DRAGON, I think -- think -- I'm going to hold tight and skip that one. Funny, if blue wasn't the dominant color of the AGE, I'd probably find it easier to resist, but for some reason that blue is just so alluring...
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I forgot that I had apparently at some point requested a copy from Camelot...which is all well and good, since I was kind of lamenting not grabbing a copy when I started seeing all the nice shots of the AGE that've been hitting social media. Now it'll sit right next to my signed 1st/1st HC of RD.

Of course, now this has reignited my consideration of the AGE of LTROI, but given the price increase of that AGE and that fact that I already have a 1st HC of it, of a book that I enjoyed but is no masterpiece ala RED DRAGON, I think -- think -- I'm going to hold tight and skip that one. Funny, if blue wasn't the dominant color of the AGE, I'd probably find it easier to resist, but for some reason that blue is just so alluring...
            That blue is gorgeous and I recently picked up a numbered with the paperweight on the aftermarket for reasonable. I also received a red numbered Horns from a gentleman on TDT. It's one of two pieces I'm thrilled to own:

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

You're gonna like that RD Suntup AGE, Ron. It's pretty damn fine. Keep your signed 1st on the shelf, and read this one next time.

Yeah, I have a serious thing for Blue Books as well. Always have. And, yeah- it's making it really hard for me to pass on LTROI, same as you. But, I think I'm holding fast. I would've jumped at $65-$75, but not at $130.

Comment

When I was 10 or so, I found a first/first on Red Dragon (unmarked) in the sale books at a book store for 99 cents. I bought it immediately...because I assumed it was a fantasy novel...YEARS later, I read Silence of the Lambs and realized what I had, but had not read yet. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                  When I was 10 or so, I found a first/first on Red Dragon (unmarked) in the sale books at a book store for 99 cents. I bought it immediately...because I assumed it was a fantasy novel...YEARS later, I read Silence of the Lambs and realized what I had, but had not read yet. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

That blue is gorgeous and I recently picked up a numbered with the paperweight on the aftermarket for reasonable. I also received a red numbered Horns from a gentleman on TDT. It's one of two pieces I'm thrilled to own:

If I may ask, was the red numbered edition pricier than the normal editions? That's one of those Suntup titles that really hasn't increased in value, so I'm very curious. You obviously don't have to share what it cost, but it was more, right?

It's a very unique thing that Paul did with those. Aren't the red numbered editions essentially PC copies? That usually doesn't draw higher prices than the numbered editions... But by numbering the PC copies in a different color, he really brings an interesting exclusivity to what would otherwise just be a PC copy!

Comment

I haven't pulled the trigger on LTROI yet. I don't know what I'm holding out for. I keep going reminding myself to buy it and then never getting around to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

If I may ask, was the red numbered edition pricier than the normal editions? That's one of those Suntup titles that really hasn't increased in value, so I'm very curious. You obviously don't have to share what it cost, but it was more, right?

It's a very unique thing that Paul did with those. Aren't the red numbered editions essentially PC copies? That usually doesn't draw higher prices than the numbered editions... But by numbering the PC copies in a different color, he really brings an interesting exclusivity to what would otherwise just be a PC copy!
                        I'm not really sure if these are considered PC copies or not. I like it for it's uniqueness. I did a trade for it so not sure what it'd go for on the open market.

I also received a lettered Horns yesterday. That production is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

I'm not really sure if these are considered PC copies or not. I like it for it's uniqueness. I did a trade for it so not sure what it'd go for on the open market.

I also received a lettered Horns yesterday. That production is amazing!
                          Congratulations on the lettered HORNS. That’s one heck of an addition!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Congratulations on the lettered HORNS. That’s one heck of an addition!
                            Thanks, Keith!

Comment

I featured RED DRAGON in today's Showcase Book tweet. You've probably all seen plenty of photos of it all over the 'Net, but if you need four more, here you go:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...012580360?s=20
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Ended up getting a third AGE of LTROI from Lividian Publications. Figured why not and I won’t have to pay for it until next April.

Comment

Working...
                                X