No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm passing because I picked up the Folio Society edition Last year? Other fish to fry!

Comment

Numbered edition is gone. Little more than half AGEs remain.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        Will probably pass. I already have a signed (by Bradbury) HC 1st of 451 (the edition also with Gaiman’s intro), so while this Suntup edition looks quite nice, I think I’m covered, and just don’t the burning love for this book (see what I did there?;-)) to buy a redundant copy like I did with I AM LEGEND.
        Well, I just had a pleasant surprise: I started thinking that I didn’t recall a Gaiman introduction in my edition, so pulled it off the shelf to take a look at what I actually had. Turns out it is not a signed trade of the 50th edition, after all, but instead a “Fahrenheit 451: Special Edition” HC that is signed by Bradbury *and* individually numbered in a limitation of 2500 copies.

So even better than I’d remembered, and more than sufficient to scratch my 451 itch, so will now definitely pass on the Suntup edition.
        Last edited by RonClinton; 03-14-2020, 08:22 PM.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Well, I just had a pleasant surprise: I started thinking that I didn’t recall a Gaiman introduction in my edition, so pulled it off the shelf to take a look at what I actually had. Turns out it is not a signed trade of the 50th edition, after all, but instead a “Special Edition” HC that is signed by Bradbury *and* individually numbered in a limitation of 2500 copies.

So even better than I’d remembered, and more than sufficient to scratch my 451 itch, so will now definitely pass on the Suntup edition.
          Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Nice!
            Wow, just looked it up on ABE, and there are only two copies of this edition, one for $474.50 and one for $750!

Comment

Wow, just looked it up on ABE, and there are only two copies of this edition, one for $474.50 and one for $750!
              Well, I just had a pleasant surprise: I started thinking that I didn’t recall a Gaiman introduction in my edition, so pulled it off the shelf to take a look at what I actually had. Turns out it is not a signed trade of the 50th edition, after all, but instead a “Fahrenheit 451: Special Edition” HC that is signed by Bradbury *and* individually numbered in a limitation of 2500 copies.

Damn! That's nice! And not a bad surprise either!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                Damn! That's nice! And not a bad surprise either!
                I’ll say! Probably time to update its value in my collection database...I suspect I still have it valued at cover price.

Comment

Since I had the book out anyhow, I took some pictures of it, and, for those interested in seeing it, will feature it in my Twitter feed early next week.

Comment

Since I had the book out anyhow, I took some pictures of it, and, for those interested in seeing it, will feature it in my Twitter feed early next week.
                    Looking forward to seeing it!

Comment

That's so fantastic. It's wild discovering that you have something more valuable than you realized. I remember when I learned that I have a Micheal Whelan remarque in my Grant Edition of Little Sister's of Eluria. I thought he drew KA as part of his signature.

Congrats! I look forward to seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        This about my 10th end of the world scenario, I'm sure this one will be just as disappointing as the others....LOL!
                        Yea, when you grow up in the shadow of the Cold War with nuclear annihilation on the horizon each day; everything else pales in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Looking forward to seeing it!
                          Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          That's so fantastic. It's wild discovering that you have something more valuable than you realized. I remember when I learned that I have a Micheal Whelan remarque in my Grant Edition of Little Sister's of Eluria. I thought he drew KA as part of his signature.

Thanks, guys — let’s say Monday, so look for it then. And congrats, Jeff, on your own pleasant surprise discovery!

Comment

Congrats, Mr. jeffingoff. That is a score.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I think I am passing on the GE. Most interested in the Whelan work but I'm not keen on the style of the interior illustrations.

Good point. That’s the primary reason why I’m probable rather than firm about passing...that extra content is attractive.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

So you will have to box that puppy up so you can give us an unboxing!

Comment

Working...
                                X