Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    For whatever reason I don't receive Suntup emails. However I am sure it's out of my price range.

I do have one Suntup on preorder and that is the gift of IAL. I cancelled my Red Dragon gift pre-order with Camelot. I may revisit the title later on if it's still available.

At the least I am looking forward to see what you folks are talking about.
    The email today only went out to those who purchased a limited or lettered version of Red Dragon. The full announcement will go out on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      I did. Based on secondary market sales of Suntup books, I don't consider the numbered editions to be risky purchases. If I don't like the book for whatever reason, I doubt I'll lose much if I sell it later on.

I went for the Gift Edition too - fantastic cover art on that one!
      Once I buy a book I rarely am willing to part with it. For that reason I will not go this route. So far I have not had an issue getting what I want upon release and I have no concern with matching a number. I will admit I simply got lucky with Misery and got in just before Red Dragon sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Once I buy a book I rarely am willing to part with it. For that reason I will not go this route. So far I have not had an issue getting what I want upon release and I have no concern with matching a number. I will admit I simply got lucky with Misery and got in just before Red Dragon sold out.
        I try to have this mentality, but I have been known to sell some books. Sometimes it's a good decision, other times I regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by rjmyers View Post
          Not me, unfortunately. But not for lack of want. I finally had to admit to myself that I just cannot afford numbered Suntup's at an every other month clip. I will have to wait for titles that are really special to me and hope I am quick enough with my trigger finger. I'm bummed, but it is what it is.
          We all have limitations to the budget. I've been very creative in stretching mine over the years, but a lot of times it's about choosing what NOT to buy. There is too much being put out for most people to buy everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            We all have limitations to the budget. I've been very creative in stretching mine over the years, but a lot of times it's about choosing what NOT to buy. There is too much being put out for most people to buy everything.
            I am right there with you!

Comment

Will be curious to see what it is on Saturday, but someone over at TDT.org mentioned it's a $600 book for the numbered edition, and that kind of pricing is just out of my wheelhouse, generally speaking, unless it's something extraordinarily special. But with everything else that's going on (especially in the Seattle area) and a new motorcycle in the planning before the end of the month, I'm not inclined to make any exceptions at this point. Paul's Gift/Artist editions are always very attractive, however, so I'll see if I need one of those.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Will be curious to see what it is on Saturday, but someone over at TDT.org mentioned it's a $600 book for the numbered edition, and that kind of pricing is just out of my wheelhouse, generally speaking, unless it's something extraordinarily special. But with everything else that's going on (especially in the Seattle area) and a new motorcycle in the planning before the end of the month, I'm not inclined to make any exceptions at this point. Paul's Gift/Artist editions are always very attractive, however, so I'll see if I need one of those.
                The AGE sounds fantastic and is under $100. It will suit me fine.

Comment

I love the print but have no more room for artwork. I had considered cycling art around, I have enough framed in a closet, but I'm not sure I want to add more to the closet collection.
                  To be clear I don't think this should be relegated to a closet. It is just a matter of space on my walls.
                  Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                  This is precisely where I'm at as well. After attending comic book conventions for 37 years and accumulating piles of artwork and posters with the thought that "I will get this framed someday" I have come to the sad realization that it's never going to happen. My home office closet is stuffed to the point where I had to move some of the prints to the basement. Also, my office walls are pretty much full of the pieces I do have framed.
                  I feel both of your pains. Stupid 11x17 prints from various conventions - I have no space for all of them and may have to start cycling them on my walls. Hell, I need to actually start hanging what I have in my den but I need to move some bookcases around first (why don't today's desks have space for tower computers? Or in my case it has space, but why zero consideration to ventilation?)

Let's also not forget the $100 I dropped on more prints of mice with swords the other day (20% off! Free shipping! Damn it!) MOAR PRINTZ

Comment

Maybe something I would be interested in then. I will keep an eye out on my email.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    The AGE sounds fantastic and is under $100. It will suit me fine.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Have no idea what anyone is talking about but looking forward to Saturday email to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        Have no idea what anyone is talking about but looking forward to Saturday email to find out.
                        Check out Paul's Facebook live event tomorrow at 11. The teaser video is a very good clue.

Comment

After being All Aboard the Suntup Numbered Express from the get go, I had jumped off with I AM LEGEND (just too much scratch for what it was, I felt), happy to jump back on with RED DRAGON (really liking the look on that one), I am hopping back down to the platform (meaning, probably buying a gift) on this latest one. It looks nice, but, again- just priced too high for what it is, in my opinion.

As for buying with the thought of reselling at a later date to keep your place... I'm not so sure this one is going to hold it's retail price (I feel the same way about IAL, BTW). The only thing about it that might help it float at retail (and no way beyond that), I feel, would be the inclusion of the famous writer contributing the introduction and signing. Also, it not clear if this is an original introduction...

Comment

I'm not on FB.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                            Check out Paul's Facebook live event tomorrow at 11. The teaser video is a very good clue.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I'm not on FB.
                              You don’t have to be. I’ve watched the videos from their Facebook page without any problems and I’ve never joined Facebook.

Comment

I'm not on FB.
                                I think there will be a chance to view it after the FB Live event. Though I'm not sure it will work if you don't have a FB account. I'll try to get it to you

Comment

Working...
                                X