Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    So now I think Paul at Suntup is gunning for me. Yesterday he posts a great update to the limited that hits the sweet spot in design for me. Yet, I fight back with an iron will, stating that the price is still too high.

Now today comes and Paul sends out an email with a great update to the Artist Edition that honors the original paperback with a picture/mock up of the Artist Edition that looks great AND is still at a great price. THEN he decides to offer that cover as a print... He's got me in his sights, folks...
    Well if that's the case, then please resist a little longer. I'd love to see what else Paul will cook up!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Well if that's the case, then please resist a little longer. I'd love to see what else Paul will cook up!
      I'll do the best I can, but I won't make any promises...

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        So now I think Paul at Suntup is gunning for me. Yesterday he posts a great update to the limited that hits the sweet spot in design for me. Yet, I fight back with an iron will, stating that the price is still too high.

Now today comes and Paul sends out an email with a great update to the Artist Edition that honors the original paperback with a picture/mock up of the Artist Edition that looks great AND is still at a great price. THEN he decides to offer that cover as a print... He's got me in his sights, folks...
        Yeah, I love the new dj cover design, and I’m giving a LOT of consideration to the print. Trying to resist, but what a cool piece it’d be...
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          Yeah, I love the new dj cover design, and I’m giving a LOT of consideration to the print. Trying to resist, but what a cool piece it’d be...
          No joke. And I almost feel like I’d be a hypocrite if I didn’t buy the print as I’m always bemoaning—more to myself than publicly—about the fact that most prints offered by small presses are King-centric. This and some recent offers from CD are starting to turn that trend and I’d like to support that effort.

My main sticking point is that a lot of stuff is coming out at the same time. I’ll probably hold off until after hearing what the next Suntup announcement is.

Comment

The print ticks off all the boxes for me: vintage horror; Gold Medal publisher; Matheson; and I AM LEGEND, my third favorite book. If I had a more obvious spot in my office to hang it, it’d probably already be ordered.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I love the print but have no more room for artwork. I had considered cycling art around, I have enough framed in a closet, but I'm not sure I want to add more to the closet collection.

To be clear I don't think this should be relegated to a closet. It is just a matter of space on my walls.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                I love the print but have no more room for artwork. I had considered cycling art around, I have enough framed in a closet, but I'm not sure I want to add more to the closet collection.

To be clear I don't think this should be relegated to a closet. It is just a matter of space on my walls.
                This is precisely where I'm at as well. After attending comic book conventions for 37 years and accumulating piles of artwork and posters with the thought that "I will get this framed someday" I have come to the sad realization that it's never going to happen. My home office closet is stuffed to the point where I had to move some of the prints to the basement. Also, my office walls are pretty much full of the pieces I do have framed.

Comment

My reply to this thread is kinda off-topic yet related. I attended a small tattoo expo recently and picked up a small quality print. I'm tempted to have this print framed. I've got a number of framed prints, etc.. on my walls. I do have enough space to add this one. ~Cap

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                  This is precisely where I'm at as well. After attending comic book conventions for 37 years and accumulating piles of artwork and posters with the thought that "I will get this framed someday" I have come to the sad realization that it's never going to happen. My home office closet is stuffed to the point where I had to move some of the prints to the basement. Also, my office walls are pretty much full of the pieces I do have framed.
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Of those who bought Red Dragon, how many jumped on today's pre-order?

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                      My reply to this thread is kinda off-topic yet related. I attended a small tattoo expo recently and picked up a small quality print. I'm tempted to have this print framed. I've got a number of framed prints, etc.. on my walls. I do have enough space to add this one. ~Cap
                      I have seen some amazing tattoo art. Congratulations on adding the print. If you are so inclined to post a photo I would love to see it.

Comment

I am passing. I have read and enjoyed the story but the AGE will be fine for me.

Comment

Not me, unfortunately. But not for lack of want. I finally had to admit to myself that I just cannot afford numbered Suntup's at an every other month clip. I will have to wait for titles that are really special to me and hope I am quick enough with my trigger finger. I'm bummed, but it is what it is.

Comment

I did. Based on secondary market sales of Suntup books, I don't consider the numbered editions to be risky purchases. If I don't like the book for whatever reason, I doubt I'll lose much if I sell it later on.

I went for the Gift Edition too - fantastic cover art on that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              I am passing. I have read and enjoyed the story but the AGE will be fine for me.
                              The AGE is more than enough. I think this is a book worth getting on any level.

Originally posted by rjmyers View Post
                              Not me, unfortunately. But not for lack of want. I finally had to admit to myself that I just cannot afford numbered Suntup's at an every other month clip. I will have to wait for titles that are really special to me and hope I am quick enough with my trigger finger. I'm bummed, but it is what it is.
                              Yeah I think more people will be dropping off. It'll be hard to keep up if Paul ramps up. But the good news is, the more people that fall off, the more copies will become available for pre-order.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                              I did. Based on secondary market sales of Suntup books, I don't consider the numbered editions to be risky purchases. If I don't like the book for whatever reason, I doubt I'll lose much if I sell it later on.

I went for the Gift Edition too - fantastic cover art on that one!
                              I agree with this entirely and I think I might have to go this route. I don't want to give up my number so I'll just sell the books I don't want to afford the ones I do. Only problem is there hasn't been a Suntup book I didn't want.

Comment

For whatever reason I don't receive Suntup emails. However I am sure it's out of my price range.

I do have one Suntup on preorder and that is the gift of IAL. I cancelled my Red Dragon gift pre-order with Camelot. I may revisit the title later on if it's still available.

At the least I am looking forward to see what you folks are talking about.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X