No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else notice the striking similarity between the Red Dragon Lettered Misery Limited Traycases?

Comment

I snagged a Gift Edition. I think that's the Suntup path I'll remain on. Even though they're "lesser" copies, they're still amazing books.

I remember reading this years ago - it's probably due a re-read but let's be honest, I don't read like I used to.

Congrats to those who the numbered!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        Ended up reserving a copy of the Artist Edition through Camelot. Still equal parts relieved and disappointed that I decided to skip the Numbered edition, but good things are coming from Centipede Press and, as well, I'm eyeing a new motorcycle for spring of this year, so hard choices have to be made.
        I really hate the power these books have over us. You shouldn't feel bad about passing. But I completely understand. Because I could not have passed on this book if I wanted to. I bought mine within 15 minutes of getting the private pre-order notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Hello, my name is Martin and I have no willpower. So I decided yesterday that if the limited came in at $350 or below I would buy it. If it was higher I would buy the Gift edition. This morning when I got the email I immediately bought the limited without hesitation. I remember loving the story, I have not read it in many years. I actually do not have a copy of the book. I believe I read a library copy. Now I just need to resist buying the gift edition also.
          Hi, my name is Jeffifer--I'm Martin's shoulder-devil. Martin, if you've already broken your arbitrary budget getting the numbered, it's only slightly more to add an AGE into the mix. And this is the lowest price AGE Suntup has produced. And that slipcase looks fantastic.

Comment

Anyone else notice the striking similarity between the Red Dragon Lettered Misery Limited Traycases?

I did. Too bad I'll never see either the numbered Misery or the lettered Red Dragon in person!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              Hi, my name is Jeffifer--I'm Martin's shoulder-devil. Martin, if you've already broken your arbitrary budget getting the numbered, it's only slightly more to add an AGE into the mix. And this is the lowest price AGE Suntup has produced. And that slipcase looks fantastic.
              That's what I ended up doing. I figured for an extra $65, why not?

The books all look really nice. I think Paul is giving us a lot at this price point, with both the numbered and gift editions. I'd need a few million in the bank before I'd start going down the Lettered road, though.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                I snagged a Gift Edition. I think that's the Suntup path I'll remain on. Even though they're "lesser" copies, they're still amazing books.

I remember reading this years ago - it's probably due a re-read but let's be honest, I don't read like I used to.

Congrats to those who the numbered!
                I would not consider the Suntup Gift Editions lesser copies. The effort Paul puts into these and the price makes the a value to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                  I would not be surprised if I ended up with both. If CD offers these with a CDCC discount I will probably push the purchase button as quickly as I did for the limited. If they do not, I will probably break before they are sold out anyways. The price just feels to good to pass up.

Comment

I would not consider the Suntup Gift Editions lesser copies. The effort Paul puts into these and the price makes the a value to me.
                    What I meant is that they’re lesser than the numbered or lettered versions. And still they’re better than almost every numbered and most lettereds I’ve seen from others.

Comment

What I meant is that they’re lesser than the numbered or lettered versions. And still they’re better than almost every numbered and most lettereds I’ve seen from others.
                      Agreed.

Comment

After reluctantly hopping off the Suntup Numbered Express (with I AM LEGEND, which I personally found head-scratchingly overpriced, and- visually uninspiring), I am very happy to have jumped back on (for the moment- we'll see what the future brings) with one of my All Time favorite novels, RED DRAGON. The price seems a little more sane (I say a "little", because I still think his numbered books feel overpriced to me. No way else to say it. Now, the AGE's are a wonderful bargain), and equally important- I find the design exciting. I wonder if he'll do SILENCE OF THE LAMBS- even though Subpress did theirs not too long ago. Interesting that Paul got Harris to sign both of his editions where Bill only got the lettered signed. I know, there are less copies of the Suntup, but, still...

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          Ended up reserving a copy of the Artist Edition through Camelot. Still equal parts relieved and disappointed that I decided to skip the Numbered edition, but good things are coming from Centipede Press and, as well, I'm eyeing a new motorcycle for spring of this year, so hard choices have to be made.
                          I've gotten all my Suntup AGEs through Kim. The numbered look so good, it might be designated non-tradeable. I don't believe I'd be able to give up my copy of RB either.

Originally posted by swintek View Post
                          After reluctantly hopping off the Suntup Numbered Express (with I AM LEGEND, which I personally found head-scratchingly overpriced, and- visually uninspiring), I am very happy to have jumped back on (for the moment- we'll see what the future brings) with one of my All Time favorite novels, RED DRAGON. The price seems a little more sane (I say a "little", because I still think his numbered books feel overpriced to me. No way else to say it. Now, the AGE's are a wonderful bargain), and equally important- I find the design exciting. I wonder if he'll do SILENCE OF THE LAMBS- even though Subpress did theirs not too long ago. Interesting that Paul got Harris to sign both of his editions where Bill only got the lettered signed. I know, there are less copies of the Suntup, but, still...
                          I came very close to jumping off with IAL and I somewhat agree with you. The book didn't stir that much interest in me. I eventually gave in as I figure I can use it towards a trade later down the road. I believe there are copies of the numbered still available. The only one, outside of Brother with a higher printer run, to remain that way.

Comment

Agreed.
                            Paul's AGEs are the best deal going for the quality and there always seems to a bit of an upgrade before they are shipped.

Comment

I noticed that was well.

Comment

It took me a while to break down and order Brother, but now that I've read it, I'm glad I did.

I had to put this one down a couple of times and walk away for a while. It's powerful, disturbing, and caught my attention from the beginning. Well worth a read.

Comment

Working...
                                X