Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    There's a little debate about Paul's hint at the January release. Paul stated in the FB live event that it'll be a "big book." Some have interpreted that as literal physical size. Others, like me, interpreted it as an important work in great demand (like Blood Meridian or Silence of the Lambs). And Paul did follow up his "big book" statement by saying it was alone one that many have asked for.

Now, it is known that Paul has 3 1000-page books in the pipeline. Months back, he even shared a photo of the page block of one he plans to split into two volumes. So there's some evidence for the physical size argument.

The only 1000 pager I can think up is Imajica and I don't imagine lots of folks have been asking after that one. I love that book, but it's not a huge deal in the collecting world, I don't think.

Anyway, I hope the Heinlein set isn't super expensive. I'm running out of money and time.
    This is why I am jumping off the Suntup express. I like to have money and food. If he does the rest of the Red Dragon series and its priced as Red Dragon was I will buy them. Other then that I'm pretty much done with Suntup

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on this all. Yeah, I'm in the Silence of the Lambs Only camp (unless there's a big curveball out of nowhere). Just can't afford his books anymore. Even the gift editions. Had to stop those, too. Just wondering if the intel had pegged Silence as the January book- which means I'd be virtually "forced" to try to buy SEED tomorrow in order to land a number. Unfortunately, I don't really want SEED (not at $375, at least), and I don't think it will ever really hold that value to resell and break even. Isn't BROTHER still in print at the published price? At, what- $100 less? Yeah, just checked. So- buyers of SEED- will be keeping it, or reselling at a substantial loss it looks like. Anyway- will probably wait for any official SotL, and hope for a miracle of getting one at the Lottery, most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
        Thanks for your thoughts on this all. Yeah, I'm in the Silence of the Lambs Only camp (unless there's a big curveball out of nowhere). Just can't afford his books anymore. Even the gift editions. Had to stop those, too. Just wondering if the intel had pegged Silence as the January book- which means I'd be virtually "forced" to try to buy SEED tomorrow in order to land a number. Unfortunately, I don't really want SEED (not at $375, at least), and I don't think it will ever really hold that value to resell and break even. Isn't BROTHER still in print at the published price? At, what- $100 less? Yeah, just checked. So- buyers of SEED- will be keeping it, or reselling at a substantial loss it looks like. Anyway- will probably wait for any official SotL, and hope for a miracle of getting one at the Lottery, most likely.
        If Paul ever did Silence of the Lambs, I'd bet that it would be the first to completely sell out at the matching number pre-sale. I know that seems impossible for 350 people to all commit to buy, but Neuromancer only had 4 copies available for the lottery. I can see SotL erasing that record and with 100 additional copies. Just my projection.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

If Paul ever did Silence of the Lambs, I'd bet that it would be the first to completely sell out at the matching number pre-sale. I know that seems impossible for 350 people to all commit to buy, but Neuromancer only had 4 copies available for the lottery. I can see SotL erasing that record and with 100 additional copies. Just my projection.
          I don't know... I feel like there will always be at least one person who forgets or just doesn't have the funds.

And I don't think Silence will be January. I suppose anything is possible, but it just seems too short of a time since Red Dragon. I picture Harris being a "well let's see how the first one turns out" sort of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
            Out of the listed posted by Jeremy, the only one I'd probably keep would be SOTL. I'm in the turn 'em and burn 'em category as I can't afford to keep them all. I'm sure my sell of Seed with definitely be at a loss. I'm really hoping the remaining 100 get gobbled up tomorrow morning so I can get somewhat close to retail.

Comment

Kinda dig the look of the limited of SEED so I’m thinking about MAYBE trying to get one to match my copy of BROTHER...

I think the lettered of SEED looks outstanding, but, alas, I shall never be able to drop that amount of dough.

Comment

Selling my copy of Seed for $400 US shipped, international at cost if anyone is interested. W/O rights.

Comment

Has anyone here read Let the Right One In? I have about 15% left. It started out so well, but now it's gotten...meh..hoping the ending picks up.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                    Has anyone here read Let the Right One In? I have about 15% left. It started out so well, but now it's gotten...meh..hoping the ending picks up.
                    I saw it on the TV once

Comment

I have. I think it's great. However, it is a very different kind of Vampire story. It's A social commentary in a cloak with fangs and that's what makes it so interesting to me. I know it's not everybody's cup of tea, but I thought it was kind of daring to put it out there like that.

Comment

I've read it. I thought it was good, though perhaps not as much as the hype I've heard over the years before had suggested. I'd give it a 8/10.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I think it’s a great book although it is slow in some parts. I love the main story with Oskar and Eli but the neighbor subplot does drag a bit at times.

Comment

I passed on SEED. I just couldn't get on board with the $375 price point.

I almost picked up an AGE of F451 yesterday, then thought better of it. I'm also debating if I'll continue with getting any of the AGEs moving forward. After a dry spell, I ordered both LTROI and A SCANNER DARKLY, but at the higher price point lessens the appeal somewhat.

Also, has anyone noticed the insane amounts that the AGE of ROSEMARY'S BABY has been selling for on eBay?

10/11: $401.00
                            10/19: $356.28
                            11/10: $255.00
                            11/16: $460.65 (This was CD's auction and we all know that these auctions tend to go for quite a bit higher than normal.)

Those are some impressive prices for an book issued at $85. The limited on the other hand did fair so well. The only one recently sold on eBay went for $530. I've also seen the limited of IAL go for under issue price on eBay as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I almost picked up an AGE of F451 yesterday, then thought better of it. I'm also debating if I'll continue with getting any of the AGEs moving forward. After a dry spell, I ordered both LTROI and A SCANNER DARKLY, but at the higher price point lessens the appeal somewhat.

Also, has anyone noticed the insane amounts that the AGE of ROSEMARY'S BABY has been selling for on eBay?

11/16: $460.65 (This was CD's auction and we all know that these auctions tend to go for quite a bit higher than normal.)

Those are some impressive prices for an book issued at $85. The limited on the other hand did fair so well. The only one recently sold on eBay went for $530. I've also seen the limited of IAL go for under issue price on eBay as well.
                              Yeah, the RB AGE even appeared in a few CD grab bags. I actually bought a copy from CD using my CDCC discount so I got it for below the $75 published price.The boards are amazing and it was a print run of only 500..Still, it's insane that it gets what it gets on the secondary.And I think the numbered should get more than what it gets. I LOVE that edition. One of my favorite Suntups.

I think the AGE for A Scanner Darkly will also command a high price on the secondary. It sold out in 3 days and it has the lower print run of 750.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I sold two copies of the RB AGE several months ago for $300 and $275 directly without incurring any fees. I was really surprised they fetched that much as well. My RB S/L sold on eBay for around $500 I believe. Minus fees, that was a real bummer. It was my second favorite Suntup book. Had to have my grail though

Comment

Working...
                                X