What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splync View Post
    Just finished Duma Key. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would!

Now I'm starting The Children of Men.
    Loved Duma Key. I have never read The Children of Men but did see the movie and am interested in the book. Would love your views when you finish reading it.

Comment

I blew through McCammon's LITTLE BOOK today (Good first story, decent 2nd one, and I skipped the third, since I read it digitally a few months ago.) as well as Keene's TRIANGLE OF BELIEF, which was fascinating.
      http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Terrifying Tales by EAP - Classic.

Comment

I finished reading About The Murder Of The Circus Queen by Anthony Abbot. I'm still reading Midnight Under The Big Top edited by Brian James Freeman and I'm enjoying a free ebook of The Midnight Order by Christopher Fulbright.

Cap
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Just finished F. Paul Wilson's "Reborn". Never read it before but am trying to work my way through his Adversary Cycle/Secret History of the World in between other reads. Overall, Reborn was a good read; although, not quite up to the level of The Keep, which I read prior to this one. Am now on to Rakoshi (The Tomb). Have read The Tomb previously and am excited for the reread as I love the Repairman Jack series of books. Rakoshi is the author's preferred title and text of The Tomb and I'm excited to see what the differences may be, assuming that they are noticable at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
              I blew through McCammon's LITTLE BOOK today (Good first story, decent 2nd one, and I skipped the third, since I read it digitally a few months ago.) as well as Keene's TRIANGLE OF BELIEF, which was fascinating.
              I've been toying with TRIANGLE OF BELIEF for a while -- good to hear it was a good one, I really should pull the trigger on that one.

My current read: THE SKY DONE RIPPED, Joe R. Lansdale. https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...964837888?s=20
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Between the Coronavirus, political unrest, and the protests, I seem to have lost my taste for dark fiction, so I've been reading a lot of nonfiction, including THE LATE SHIFT, about the Leno/Letterman war over The Tonight Show, NITRO, about the rise and fall of Ted Turner's wrestling empire, and Brian Keene's RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL. I'm a huge Keene fan, but RUNNING is a massive trip down ego lane. Entertaining, but like listening to a braggy friend go on and on about himself.
                Last edited by dannyboy121070; 06-25-2020, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                  Between the Coronavirus, political unrest, and the protests, I seem to have lost my taste for dark fiction, so I've been reading a lot of nonfiction, including THE LATE SHIFT, about the Leno/Letterman war over The Tonight Show, NITRO, about the rise and fall of Ted Turner's wrestling empire, and Brian Keene's RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL. I'm a huge Keene fan, but this book is a massive trip down ego lane. Entertaining, but like listening to a braggy friend go on and on about himself.
                  Ah. Okay, you meant "fascinating" a little differently than I thought you did.

I read THE LATE SHIFT a few years ago...pretty interesting. Other pop-culture non-fiction I've read recently that you might enjoy (or, at least, I did) was the recent one about Saturday Night Live, LIVE FROM NEW YORK, and the Harold Robbins bio, THE MAN WHO INVENTED SEX...the latter was especially interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Ah. Okay, you meant "fascinating" a little differently than I thought you did.

I read THE LATE SHIFT a few years ago...pretty interesting. Other pop-culture non-fiction I've read recently that you might enjoy (or, at least, I did) was the recent one about Saturday Night Live, LIVE FROM NEW YORK, and the Harold Robbins bio, THE MAN WHO INVENTED SEX...the latter was especially interesting.
                    Ron, TRIANGLE was a fascinating, thought-provoking book, and I highly recommend it. My ego comment was directed at Keene's RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL, which is a collection of blogs written at the height of RISING-mania. I amended my last post to make my meaning clearer. My bad....

I read the SNL book, and loved it. The Robbins sound interesting...I'll add that to my list.

Comment

Ah, gotcha. Okay, I’ll keep TRIANGLE high on my Want List then. I really enjoy Brian’s non-fiction, especially the later, more mature and reflective work, so this one should be right up my alley.

Comment

Received an ARC of Conrad Williams' One Who Was With Me, courtesy of Paul Miller at Earthling.

So I've currently paused on The Children of Men and switched over to this!

Comment

Just finished Bring her back by Jeff Strand. The usual Strand book. Very enjoyable. Just started Ghost Summer stories by Tananarive Due. Plus I'm also reading. Tales from the Lake volume 4

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            Just finished Bring her back by Jeff Strand. The usual Strand book. Very enjoyable. Just started Ghost Summer stories by Tananarive Due. Plus I'm also reading. Tales from the Lake volume 4
                            Please, please let me know what you think of Ghost Summer Stories. Tananarive Due is may latest obsession. Will finish Freedom in the Family a non-fiction book she co-wrote with her mother today and will have to decide on what to read next. On a side note I totally blame Brian James Freeman for this latest obsession. Her story Herd Immunity was the best story in Midnight Under the Big Top. That is saying something since the book includes stories from Stephen King, Joe Hill, Neal Gaiman, Ray Bradbury, Robert McCammon, Richard Matheson and many others.

Comment

I just finished reading Enzan: The Far Mountain by John Donohue, the fifth book in the Connor Burke Series. They’re a good mix of Martial Arts and Mystery. Donohue is a bit of a scholar and it comes through in his work, but in an interesting way, not a heavy handed way. He seems to have taken a break from the series for a few years, but I hope we’ll see another one soon. Up next, Patrick Kelly’s Magic Mysteries, The Sleightly Series, Five books published between 1985 and 1988. The first book is titled Sleightly Murder, the last book Sleighty Guilty. I read the first one years ago and didn’t get back to the series till now. Time is on my side LOL!!

Comment

Finished The Anomaly by Michael Rutger last night. Really liked this one. Fast paced Sci Fi / Action-Adventure. Will definitely pick up the next book in the series.

After The Anomaly, started Leaders of the Pack, an anthology of werewolf stories. Finished the first two stories by Glenn Rolfe & David Wellington and liked them both. Bloody werewolf fun!

B

Comment

Working...
                                X