No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just started Utopia Avenue, by David Mitchell (author of Cloud Atlas). Very enjoyable so far. I'm 15% in, and my kindle says 6 hrs 22 mins to go

Comment

Finished Mexican Gothic a couple days ago. Loved it. One of my favorite books of the year so far. Now I'm reading Touch The Night by Max Booth and this is another really fun read.

Comment

The Geographer's Library By Jon Fasman published in 2005. It's one of those books that i look at and say, "How did I miss this one.' About a hundred pages in and enjoying it!
        Last edited by mhatchett; 07-23-2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Finished the Valancourt Book of Horror Stories Vol. 3 last night. It was OK, A couple of good stories, a bunch of 'meh' stories. Didn't like it as much as the first two volumes.

Started Devolution by Max Brooks this morning. Knocked out 50 pages and liking it a lot so far.

B.

Comment

I finished reading Bettie Page: The Life of a Pin-up Legend by Karen Essex and James L Swanson. I started reading this book once before and set it aside and did not finish reading it than. One discrepancy I noticed vs Bettie Page Reveals All is her approx 10 years of mental health issues are not covered in the book. I finished reading The Midnight Order by Christopher Fulbright. I am reading Midnight under The Big Top edited by Brian James Freeman and Squadron 13 and the Big Flying Boats by the Pilots of VP/VPB-13 edited by Mary Bracho.
            Last edited by c marvel; 07-26-2020, 06:48 PM.
            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Starting GREEN SUN by Kent Anderson, the third in the Hanson trilogy (SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL and NIGHT DOGS).
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Starting GREEN SUN by Kent Anderson, the third in the Hanson trilogy (SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL and NIGHT DOGS).
                Loved the first two. Wasn't he mentored by James Crumley and James Lee Burke?

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Loved the first two. Wasn't he mentored by James Crumley and James Lee Burke?
                  I haven’t heard that before, so not sure. I’ve been looking for a signed 1st of GREEN SUN for two years, since it came out in 2018, and finally snagged one. I loved the first two as well, and would go so far as to say that NIGHT DOGS is the best police novel I’ve ever read.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Just finished Baby Teeth by Zoji Stage. A brilliant first novel. I also finished Touch The Night. Another good book.
                    Now I'm reading The Auctioneer by Joan Samson.

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
                      Finished the Valancourt Book of Horror Stories Vol. 3 last night. It was OK, A couple of good stories, a bunch of 'meh' stories. Didn't like it as much as the first two volumes.

Started Devolution by Max Brooks this morning. Knocked out 50 pages and liking it a lot so far.

B.
                      I picked up Devolution on B2G1 book sale at Target. Haven’t started yet but looking forward to it. My July reading sucked so I’m hoping to pick up momentum again in August.

Comment

A Little Amber Book of Wicked Shots by Robert R. McCammon from Borderlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I picked up Devolution on B2G1 book sale at Target. Haven’t started yet but looking forward to it. My July reading sucked so I’m hoping to pick up momentum again in August.
                          Devolution is the best book I've read so far this year.

B

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post

Devolution is the best book I've read so far this year.

B
                            Wow. I picked it up kinda on a lark as I was trying to find a third book. It sounded interesting so I was like, why not? Good to hear the high praise.

Comment

Finally finished my Repairman Jack/Adversary Cycle re-read. I think it ended up being around 22 books. Truly one of my favorite series of all-time. I really like what F. Paul Wilson did with his secret history of the world and how almost all of his writings connect to it in one way or another. In a way, it reminded me very much of SK's Dark Tower series and how they connect to his oeuvre. Believe I will be starting Joe Lansdale's "More Better Deals" next. Am a huge Lansdale fan and it has been getting great reviews; so, my expectations are high.

Comment

Currently reading "The Hostage's Daughter" by Sulome Anderson. This one is an amazing and enlightening read!

Comment

Working...
                                X