What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Loved Duma Key. I have never read The Children of Men but did see the movie and am interested in the book. Would love your views when you finish reading it.
    Finished The Children of Men and it is one of those rare cases where I actually thought the film was better.

The first half of the novel is a combination of world building and diary entries. I didn't really care for the protagonist's diary entries about growing up with his cousin. The world is very much an Orwellian dystopia, albeit without the ability to have children.

The second half of the novel was where the film drew inspiration (someone becoming pregnant and them being on the run). It was a VERY good read for that half.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Finished The Children of Men and it is one of those rare cases where I actually thought the film was better.

The first half of the novel is a combination of world building and diary entries. I didn't really care for the protagonist's diary entries about growing up with his cousin. The world is very much an Orwellian dystopia, albeit without the ability to have children.

The second half of the novel was where the film drew inspiration (someone becoming pregnant and them being on the run). It was a VERY good read for that half.
      Thanks for the input. I may someday get around to reading it.

Comment

Working...
      X