Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pumpheel
    replied
    Did Johnny Got His Gun have a signature page? The announcement said no. Just wondering since I ordered the same two books.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Anyone grab anything from the dinged books sale today? I picked-up Johnny Got His Gun & The Island of Doctor Moreau AGEs. I wanted both of these books at the time they were announced; however, I just couldn't swing them due to the list price and needing to pay for other pre-orders. Am happy to finally be able to add these to my collection, even if they will be missing the slipcases. At $25-35 a piece, it still feels like a steal to me!
    My Suntup dinged books arrived today. Literally cannot find anything wrong with these copies other than they are missing the slipcases. Very happy to fill some holes in my collection with these ultimate reading copies!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

Woah, it was only $450?! I didn't even look at that one, but that is nuts!
    Yes, no idea what defects it had, though. At that price, I would have just paid and worried about it later

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I tried to get Blood Meridian for $450, but it was gone in seconds.
    Woah, it was only $450?! I didn't even look at that one, but that is nuts!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I tried to get Blood Meridian for $450, but it was gone in seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I completely missed out on this. By the time I saw it, everything was gone. Congrats to those who were able to snag some awesome deals.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    That sale was nuts!

I picked up the AE of The Collector for just over half off, and I picked up the numbered Guests for $95.

I sold my numbered edition back before it was released, so I couldn't resist reclaiming that edition for such a steal!

It's missing the slipcase, but I was able to buy a new slipcase from Suntup for $30, so I'm still looking at having acquired the numbered edition for well under 50% off.

Those other AEs were an absolute bargain, but I already had them. I debated buying one to gift to someone, but it had sold out when I went back for it.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Anyone grab anything from the dinged books sale today? I picked-up Johnny Got His Gun & The Island of Doctor Moreau AGEs. I wanted both of these books at the time they were announced; however, I just couldn't swing them due to the list price and needing to pay for other pre-orders. Am happy to finally be able to add these to my collection, even if they will be missing the slipcases. At $25-35 a piece, it still feels like a steal to me!
    No, I didn’t see anything there that I couldn’t live without. I was there right at noon, hoping for an AE copy of Philip K Dick’s A SCANNER DARKLY — really the only AE I still want but never picked up — but that wasn’t among the offerings, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats! I missed this today as well. Work was busy.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    LOL. She knows her customers for sure.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    I'm convinced Kim is part siren.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I'm convinced Kim is part siren.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I was going to pass, but Kim from Camelot emailed me asking if I wanted a copy since I got Red Dragon from her. I couldn't say no, especially since I don't have to come up with the money until the book is in her hands and ready to ship.
    Exactly my experience this morning, with the same decision / change of mind and rationale.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

You can check the going rates here - https://www.collectiblebookvault.com...s-market-value
    I was totally reading that page wrong - no way Misery is worth $525 . . . oh wait, now I see.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I was going to pass, but Kim from Camelot emailed me asking if I wanted a copy since I got Red Dragon from her. I couldn't say no, especially since I don't have to come up with the money until the book is in her hands and ready to ship.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X