Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Yea. I think it is way different. Just wanted to put this out there for other buyers to be aware of the terms. Terms are different for the A/Es and the Numbered and Lettered versions.

https://suntup.press/terms-of-service/

For me this isn't a situation where I need the money. I was just trying to refocus and change my collecting a bit. The money would have likely been dumped right back into book(s).

All that being said, now that I know the terms, I will not be heavily buying from Suntup just in case money is an issue at some point.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Both options seem to be a bit different than other publishers out there.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Fairly sure it was on here, but someone else found out about that policy awhile back and had a similar reaction, except I think the policy was slightly different in the sense that no cancellations would be honored, not even with store credit.

Both options seem to be a bit different than other publishers out there.

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I'm a bit put off however this is my issue as the terms are clear once I was directed to them. I decided I wanted to cancel a few of my pre-orders with Suntup and discovered that their terms are only store credit after 30 days of pre-purchase. Books are still months away, some our still available and some are sold out, however I am rather displeased with these terms.

I have never heard of such before. Typically cancelling a pre order is a fairly standard affair. Now I'm stuck with books I decided I don't want or take a store credit for almost $500.00.

Has anyone dealt with a publisher with terms like this before? I was rather shocked.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I'm a bit put off however this is my issue as the terms are clear once I was directed to them. I decided I wanted to cancel a few of my pre-orders with Suntup and discovered that their terms are only store credit after 30 days of pre-purchase. Books are still months away, some our still available and some are sold out, however I am rather displeased with these terms.

I have never heard of such before. Typically cancelling a pre order is a fairly standard affair. Now I'm stuck with books I decided I don't want or take a store credit for almost $500.00.

Has anyone dealt with a publisher with terms like this before? I was rather shocked.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I have the AEs of both RED DRAGON and SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, but am torn about what to do r.e. tomorrow’s announcement. While I’d like to continue the series, the reasons that made me skip reading the third one in its trade release still exist, even if they’re dressed up in a much more attractive edition. Need to figure this out quickly, as I imagine copies won’t last long.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Random thought/comment. I really like Suntup Editions however at the price point I don't think I will continue purchasing their A/E's. I have been thinking on this awhile and I value an authors signature. I'm sure there will be some exceptions to this for me however living authors A/E editions, unsigned, will likely be a pass for me going forward.

SK would be the exception.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

The rumors were that the author was not happy that he had been forced to write Hannibal. The production company forced his hand in stating that they would have someone else write the story if he would not as they had the rights to the characters. He purposely wrote it with an ending they would not be willing to use. Sure enough the movie completely ignores to ending from the book, it simply did not happen. The primary complaint is that events occur that are too out of character. While I understand that, I also think the author set it up well enough to explain the dramatic shift. I finished this book on a flight home from Salt Lake City and I think I actually laughed out loud when the twist was revealed.
    This was the case for Hannibal Rising (Dino de Laurentiis even admitted to it) but not the case with Hannibal. With Hannibal they were constantly asking for a sequel but he wasn't forced into doing it and he was able to do it at his own pace (which is why it took so long).

As for the ending, they would have used it had Jodie Foster not complained. Then when they did change it for her she decided not to do it anyways.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just received my AGE copy of The Collector. Another top-notch production by Suntup! I truly dig the slipcase color/material. It really matches the cream colored book-cover well. Read this book years ago and can't wait to give it another go now that I have this wonderful edition!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Thanks for those ideas! Really appreciate it.
    You're welcome!!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I have more prints than I have frames and wall space for. Most of my frames are an inexpensive version from Michaels with the intention of swapping prints out, but let's be honest, that has never happened. I have some professionally framed stuff, but it's only original art work.

However, I did pick up these frames (get them a little wider than your prints) which we have a variety of prints on the wall hung with AND we've actually swapped them out since they're fairly simple to do. One thing that has made life easier, and I think it takes up less space, is that I started storing as many of my prints flat as I could. I bought a portfolio which works really well. I have three of them for all of our prints of varying sizes.

I do own three of the CD Doubleday Years prints that in all honesty, I should have never bought. I have no idea what to do with them. Also own Suntup's Eyes of the Dragon prints, which I also don't know what to do with, BUT they did allow me to get Misery so they definitely earned their price.
    Thanks for those ideas! Really appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I have more prints than I have frames and wall space for. Most of my frames are an inexpensive version from Michaels with the intention of swapping prints out, but let's be honest, that has never happened. I have some professionally framed stuff, but it's only original art work.

However, I did pick up these frames (get them a little wider than your prints) which we have a variety of prints on the wall hung with AND we've actually swapped them out since they're fairly simple to do. One thing that has made life easier, and I think it takes up less space, is that I started storing as many of my prints flat as I could. I bought a portfolio which works really well. I have three of them for all of our prints of varying sizes.

I do own three of the CD Doubleday Years prints that in all honesty, I should have never bought. I have no idea what to do with them. Also own Suntup's Eyes of the Dragon prints, which I also don't know what to do with, BUT they did allow me to get Misery so they definitely earned their price.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just received my 2021-2022 Holiday gift from Suntup. Looks amazing. Love the art prints that were chosen. Not exactly sure what I'm going to do with them or where I am going to put them yet as I normally don't order/collect this sort of thing; however, I'm sure I will figure something out. Worst case, I guess I can always tuck them behind my current Suntup section on my bookcase. Random question, but, do any of you do anything with your art prints other than frame them? I'm not the most creative person when it come to decorating or that sort of thing; so, perhaps others might be able to provide me some ideas that might not normally occur to me.

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

The rumors were that the author was not happy that he had been forced to write Hannibal. The production company forced his hand in stating that they would have someone else write the story if he would not as they had the rights to the characters. He purposely wrote it with an ending they would not be willing to use. Sure enough the movie completely ignores to ending from the book, it simply did not happen. The primary complaint is that events occur that are too out of character. While I understand that, I also think the author set it up well enough to explain the dramatic shift. I finished this book on a flight home from Salt Lake City and I think I actually laughed out loud when the twist was revealed.
    I’d heard the same thing, but I heard it associated with Hannibal Rising, the prequel that Harris wrote a few years after Hannibal.

What I heard was that Dino DeLaurentis owned the movie rights to the character and was going to do a prequel & wanted a novel written along with the movie, either by Harris or someone else.

In the end, Harris conceded, & wrote the novel Hannibal Rising, which he never really wanted to write in the first place.

B

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    The June title is definitely Slaughterhouse Five. The clue was actually supposed to be NOMINATED for the Nebula and Hugo. And the author's daughter painted the cover illustration.

Well, that title was nominated for both and Vonnegut's daughter is an artist, so it checks out on all fronts.
    If so, I'll go for the Artist Edition. It's time I read this one again. I know I read it back in the '80s, but I don't remember it at all.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    The June title is definitely Slaughterhouse Five. The clue was actually supposed to be NOMINATED for the Nebula and Hugo. And the author's daughter painted the cover illustration.

Well, that title was nominated for both and Vonnegut's daughter is an artist, so it checks out on all fronts.
    I definitely wouldn't mind if it is Slaughterhouse Five. It's one of those books that I've always meant to get around to but still haven't read. This would give me a good reason to finally pick-up a copy.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X