Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Not overly surprised given the current market value for their books. Many folks buying their three copies with the assumption they can make a little money.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    The AGE is already over 50% sold. Damn.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    The AGE is already over 50% sold. Damn.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    It's a great looking book and amazing artwork. Thankfully this genre of book isn't something I even like so this, unlike some other releases, is a fairly easy pass. If the price point was lower I would have certainly bought it just for the great artwork.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    You are correct on the book.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I might be tempted with The Wolfen...

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I might be tempted with The Wolfen...

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    The Wolfen is a really under-rated book. The movie's not half-bad either.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Based on that, I'd guess Interview with the Vampire.

Edit: LOL, that'll teach me to refresh before posting.

Leave a comment:

• JeremyM
    replied
    It's described as:
    • A terrifying novel from the 1970’s
    • Author's debut novel
    • Breathing new life into a particular breed of horror novel
    • Signed by the author
    • Paul has said that it is not 'Interview with the Vampire'
    Possible matches folks have come up with:

The Wolfen - Whitley Strieber, this seems to fit the best to me at the moment
    The Manitou - Graham Masterton
    The Godsend - Bernard Taylor
    The Omen - David Seltzer, I don't think this is likely as it's a novelization of a film and Seltzer hasn't written any other novels

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just watched the facebook live but still cannot piece together what tomorrow's announcement might be. Would love to hear any guesses for tomorrow's announcement. The hint is below:

"This terrifying novel from the 1970's was the author's debut, breathing new life into a particular breed of horror novel."

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    Yeah, by the time I checked my e-mail and saw the Dark Regions newsletter, they were sold out. As much as it hurts me, this is probably a good thing...Between my pile of medical bills and my ancient car giving me grief, the last thing I needed was to spend $150.00 on a book that I already own a few dozen copies of.
    Technically I only have one version, the Lonely Road 40th Anniversary. I do have the Cemetery Dance screen play also.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Yeah, by the time I checked my e-mail and saw the Dark Regions newsletter, they were sold out. As much as it hurts me, this is probably a good thing...Between my pile of medical bills and my ancient car giving me grief, the last thing I needed was to spend $150.00 on a book that I already own a few dozen copies of.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    The book is certainly hot now but I just really wonder how much that is actual demand or just flippers sucking these up. Hard to tell.

No clue. I will admit I am rather surprised at how hot this book is. An Artist Edition appears to have sold on eBay for $285 with a limited going for $2,548.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    The book is certainly hot now but I just really wonder how much that is actual demand or just flippers sucking these up. Hard to tell.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Well just checked my email for the first time and I received the announcement that Dark Regions had copies less that three hours ago. Just checked and they are already sold out.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Well just checked my email for the first time today and I received the announcement that Dark Regions had copies less that three hours ago. Just checked and they are already sold out.
    Last edited by Martin; 02-09-2021, 05:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I am certainly a book junkie. The sticker shock is still there but now I'm really digging the artist edition of The Exorcist. If I happen to still have a chance at this, at issue price, I'm still not 100% sure I could pull the trigger on it or not. The $150 price tag is really nagging at me.

I do think if the opportunity is there to snag this at issue price it will be my only chance at owning this book for a very long time. I'm so turned around here.

Probably should just pass and put it out of my mind.IDK.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X