Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sholloman81
    replied
    I picked up a copy of the AGE. Haven't read this novel before and am aware that a lot of people seemed to be down on it; however, I will reserve judgement for myself. Also wanted to keep my Suntup AGE Lecter set complete! Now, let's hope there are no more book announcements before January as December has been expensive for me between this, Centipede, & DRP over the last few weeks!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    You are correct! I'm going to have to pass on this but it looks lovely. Money is tight right now. Daughters wedding a few weeks ago and the holidays and a divorce seem to be impacting my wallet. LOL

Originally posted by joejets View Post
    New announcement today - "Hannibal Rising"?

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    New announcement today - "Hannibal Rising"?

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    Just received my numbered copy of "Imagica" - what a massive and massively beautiful book! I own a lot of books; this is among the largest, bigger than "Big Damn Sin City"!

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just noticed that all three editions of Zombie are still available for pre-order. This is the first time I can ever remember seeing that. Am used to seeing the numbered & lettered quickly sell-out during their weekend pre-sales.
    Numbered editions are still available for The Collector, The Outsiders, If You See Her, and The Stepford Wives.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just noticed that all three editions of Zombie are still available for pre-order. This is the first time I can ever remember seeing that. Am used to seeing the numbered & lettered quickly sell-out during their weekend pre-sales.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    I think it depends on the book. Something like The Silence of the Lambs or The Exorcist is going to go fast, something like The Butcher Boy isn’t.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Congrats.

I am a little surprised by how many of these are left.

Me too! I thought this one would be a quick sell-out, and that was before I even knew that the print-run would be reduced to 750 from the usual 1000. Goes to show you can never tell. Looks like the last handful of releases by Suntup all still have copies available which is surprising to me considering how often & quickly Suntup titles used to sell-out. Wonder if it's the titles being offered themselves, or if the fervor for Suntup releases has died down a bit, or if it's the general economy out there and perhaps the encroaching holiday season? I know from my end of things that I have slowed down my Suntup AGE purchases this year, but, that has (mostly) been due to the titles being offered not being my cup of tea.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Passing on Zombie. I read it, and it was fine, but maybe I've just read too many serial killer novels at this point. There was nothing there to entice me to spend money on a special edition of the book.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats.

I am a little surprised by how many of these are left.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I picked up a AE / Classic copy of ZOMBIE. I had a signed 1st ed. HC of it that I had signed by Oates at some book fair in Seattle decades ago, but lost it (or sold it?) sometime between than and now, and have long regretted it. As soon as I saw Suntup was going to do ZOMBIE, I resolved to get a copy to replace the one I no longer have. The art looks great, and its vividly manic style really suits the work.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I picked up a AE / Classic copy of ZOMBIE. I had a signed 1st ed. HC of it that I had signed by Oates at some book fair in Seattle decades ago, but lost it (or sold it?) sometime between than and now, and have long regretted it. As soon as I saw Suntup was going to do ZOMBIE, I resolved to get a copy to replace the one I no longer have. The art looks great, and its vividly manic style really suits the work.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats. Hope you like the book.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I picked-up a copy! Sadly, Oates has been one of those authors that I have always heard about but have never actually gotten around to reading. I figure now is a good time to remedy that. Am hoping that this book is a worthwhile read since it won the Stoker award for its' year. We shall see!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Go get your Zombie by Oates.

https://suntup.press/zombie
    I picked-up a copy! Sadly, Oates has been one of those authors that I have always heard about but have never actually gotten around to reading. I figure now is a good time to remedy that. Am hoping that this book is a worthwhile read since it won the Stoker award for its' year. We shall see!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Passing again but would have liked to have purchased this one.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Go get your Zombie by Oates.

https://suntup.press/zombie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X