Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joejets
    replied
    The Poe volume is very large and beautiful, would love a matching Lovecraft volume.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I'm content with my CD two-fer of THE EXORCIST and LEGION, S/L HC signed by Blatty. Given the recent Thunderstorm and Lividian Must-Haves, it was a (financial) relief to be able to skip this one. Looks like a terrific production, though...if I didn't have the Good-Enough CD volume, I'd be all over this Suntup edition.
    Ditto for me as well. I've always really liked the CD edition- it's got a great design, nicely oversized, sturdily-slipcased, and well-illustrated. And, as you say- it's got both novels and is signed. Having said that- I do wish I had both Suntup books as well because they really do look great. But, yeah- there are officially too many books now- in my library and in general. Gotta be more and more discerning these days.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    My heart is happy. My wallet is not.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I bought it because I have Suntup's Exorcist, so I figured I might as well have both books. I know I read Legion way back when, but I remember nothing about it at this point.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I'm content with my CD two-fer of THE EXORCIST and LEGION, S/L HC signed by Blatty. Given the recent Thunderstorm and Lividian Must-Haves, it was a (financial) relief to be able to skip this one. Looks like a terrific production, though...if I didn't have the Good-Enough CD volume, I'd be all over this Suntup edition.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Today's book was indeed Legion. I picked-up a copy. It's one of those books that I have never gotten around to but haver always meant to read. It will go nicely next to my Suntup Exorcist!
    I'm seriously considering picking this up even though I don't have the Suntup edition of The Exorcist. Like you, I've been meaning to getting around to reading it and it looks like the Lonely Road edition might never come to fruition. I just wasn't planning on this extra expense so I'll need to mull it over a bit.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Today's book was indeed Legion. I picked-up a copy. It's one of those books that I have never gotten around to but haver always meant to read. It will go nicely next to my Suntup Exorcist!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just received my copy Hex! It turned out fantastic. Really love the art for this one, both cover and interior. Am also digging that signature! So glad to finally have this in-hand!

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    And apparently the Poe volume will follow the Hex artist ed shortly!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Me too! That's the last Suntup book I was waiting on. I may be tempted by one or two of the upcoming titles.
    Yeah, with their next quarter being all horror releases, I'm very afraid for my wallet.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just got my shipping notice for HEX!!!
    Me too! That's the last Suntup book I was waiting on. I may be tempted by one or two of the upcoming titles.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just got my shipping notice for HEX!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

Was Lonely Road's Legion ever more than just a rumor?

Â Very excited to see what Suntup does with that one. I don't have their version of The Exorcist anymore, but I'd be fine without a matching set.
    I believe Brian confirmed that it was going to be done at one point. I’m not sure how far along in the process it made it though, or if it is still going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Good guesses. If Legion comes to pass, I'll be a little bummed that I didn't pick up Suntup's The Exorcist. I've been holding out for Lonely Roads's version of Legion, but I think that might have gone the way of the Dodo. Maybe I'll see if I can swing a relatively decent price for Exorcist on the aftermarket. I'd be very, very tempted for Psycho. I've never read the book, but it's be on my radar for a long time to do so. This might break my trend of holding off buying Suntup editions. The Amityville Horror is an easy pass. Besides the nostalgia factor and its influence on pop culture, I found the book (and the movie) to be rather overrated. In fact, I actually find the book to be not that good at all.
    Was Lonely Road's Legion ever more than just a rumor?

Very excited to see what Suntup does with that one. I don't have their version of The Exorcist anymore, but I'd be fine without a matching set.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremyM View Post
    My guesses:

Legion, William Peter Blatty
    Amityville Horror, Jay Anson
    Psycho, Robert Bloch
    Good guesses. If Legion comes to pass, I'll be a little bummed that I didn't pick up Suntup's The Exorcist. I've been holding out for Lonely Roads's version of Legion, but I think that might have gone the way of the Dodo. Maybe I'll see if I can swing a relatively decent price for Exorcist on the aftermarket. I'd be very, very tempted for Psycho. I've never read the book, but it's be on my radar for a long time to do so. This might break my trend of holding off buying Suntup editions. The Amityville Horror is an easy pass. Besides the nostalgia factor and its influence on pop culture, I found the book (and the movie) to be rather overrated. In fact, I actually find the book to be not that good at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X