Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Camelot has copies of THE OMEN AE if anyone missed out and is looking for one.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Surprised there’s copies of the limited left when the AE sold out so fast.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Not Suntup related, but I eyeball my matching numbered set of SubPress's The Expanse series and see them go for over $3k on eBay and think to myself "there's my new espresso machine and grinder that I want . . ."

And then the evil part of my mind looks at Suntup's (see, it is Suntup related afterall!) numbered Misery and think "there's a chunk of of downpayment for a house, or payoff most of my credit card debt ..."

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I buy the AE if it's a book I like and want a nice copy of. I've bought a few Numbered editions, but only the ones I really, really like, such as Neuromancer, I am Legend, etc. I'm certainly no completist, and I'm happy to skip the ones I have no interest in. It gets expensive, and I don't want that much money tied up in books. I just sold the Numbered Red Dragon - every time I looked at it I saw a beautiful book, but also $1500 sitting on my bookshelf.
    The temptation to sell a hot book is strong. I've looked over at my copy of Centipede's DUNE a couple of times and think, "You know how many other books I could buy..."

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post

The only reason I would pay the AE price is because it IS "The Omen", for whatever that's worth. I really like the Suntup books and can't say whether the price is "fair" for what it costs to produce. I'll assume it is, but that gets expensive for a new title each month.
    I buy the AE if it's a book I like and want a nice copy of. I've bought a few Numbered editions, but only the ones I really, really like, such as Neuromancer, I am Legend, etc. I'm certainly no completist, and I'm happy to skip the ones I have no interest in. It gets expensive, and I don't want that much money tied up in books. I just sold the Numbered Red Dragon - every time I looked at it I saw a beautiful book, but also $1500 sitting on my bookshelf.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I bought the AE. I see plenty of Numbered copies for sale on the FB pages, but while I like the book, I don't like it enough to spend $500+.

The only reason I would pay the AE price is because it IS "The Omen", for whatever that's worth. I really like the Suntup books and can't say whether the price is "fair" for what it costs to produce. I'll assume it is, but that gets expensive for a new title each month.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I bought the AE. I see plenty of Numbered copies for sale on the FB pages, but while I like the book, I don't like it enough to spend $500+.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Congrats to all who got a copy. The AE is really sharp looking.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Looks like it officially sold out! Glad I was able to snag a copy. If I end up not enjoying, it makes me feel like it's more likely that I'll be able to resell it!
    Agreed. I think the "classics" are generally safe buys. Somebody with want them.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats to all who purchased a copy.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Looks like it officially sold out! Glad I was able to snag a copy. If I end up not enjoying, it makes me feel like it's more likely that I'll be able to resell it!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I have to admit there was a slight bit of FOMO when I read your post.

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    7 left

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    7 left

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Ha! The collectors mind works in mysterious ways my friend. It's a fantastic looking book so I'm sure you will be pleased to own it.

If there’s any place where I know my rationale will be understood, it’s here.

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    Last call for Omen, 17 left

Leave a comment:

Working...
X