Originally posted by bugen View Post
    Ready Player One showed up today:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17986[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17987[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17988[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17989[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17990[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17991[/ATTACH]
    That looks like a really nice edition. Love the artwork.

Comment

Another hit for SP! Congrats!

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with it. Back in January CD announced some new black slipcases they were making that would fit multiple books and I ordered a couple. Relic was one of the books they had listed that the slipcases would fit, and they didn't list Dark Advent but that seems to be the same size, maybe just a tad smaller so I got one for each of my limited editions.

Ready Player One is nearly the exact same size, so when CD ships these I'm going to check if it fits and if so probably order one more. If it fits I'll post a pic in case anyone else wants to protect theirs. Will also confirm Dark Advent.
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm beyond stoked about this one.

Nice, what a sweet collectible! And LOVE that cover art too.
          Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Congratulations, very nice addition!
          Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          Congrats, TD -- that's a wonderful new piece!
          Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
          Glad someone here got it. I entered as well. I also received my UK edition of Eleanor. Love the artwork on that one.
          Originally posted by Theli View Post
          Absolutely beautiful water colour TD!

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          Awesome add, Jason!

Comment

Ready Player One showed up today:
            My copy showed up as well. I love the artwork in it, along with the bonus materials. Really wish that The Martian contained something similar - it seems very basic. RPO looks great on my shelf!

Comment

Ooooooh - please let us know.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with it. Back in January CD announced some new black slipcases they were making that would fit multiple books and I ordered a couple. Relic was one of the books they had listed that the slipcases would fit, and they didn't list Dark Advent but that seems to be the same size, maybe just a tad smaller so I got one for each of my limited editions.

Ready Player One is nearly the exact same size, so when CD ships these I'm going to check if it fits and if so probably order one more. If it fits I'll post a pic in case anyone else wants to protect theirs. Will also confirm Dark Advent.

Comment

Nice add, guys!

Comment

A buddy of mine won this in a raffle the other day and decided to give it to me since he knows I'm a huge Batman fan:

SAM_2268.jpg
                  -John Barth

Comment

Nice add, Andrew! Can't believe it's been that long since the movie was released. Wow! Feels like only yesterday.

Comment

Upgraded to traycases from slipcases for my gift edition of Riding the Bullet and my Remarque gift edition of From A Buick 8:

RTB-FAB8 Traycases.jpgFAB8 Traycase 1.jpgFAB8 Traycase 2.jpgFAB8 Traycase 3.jpg

Comment

Ready Player One is one I have wanted to read for a while now. Any thoughts by those who have read it?

Also - some of the new things you guys/gals come up with are mind blowing!

Comment

Nice looking traycase, Brian, I like it. Can't see the pics in the next post, though. Clicking them says 'invalid attachment.'

TJ I thought Ready Player One was an excellent read, especially for those submersed in the early video game culture. I did a short write-up on it a while ago in Book Reviews if you'd like to check it out: http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ll=1#post75286
                          -John Barth

Comment

Thanks, Andrew! I'll try again for the photos that didn't show:

RTB Traycase 1.jpgRTB Traycase 2.jpgRTB Traycase 3.jpgRTB Traycase 4.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                              Ready Player One is one I have wanted to read for a while now. Any thoughts by those who have read it?
                              Your enjoyment is going to depend entirely on your tolerance for "HEY REMEMBER THIS THING FROM THE 80s?" If that doesn't wear thin, and you enjoy a story bursting at the seams with such references, you'll enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                                Your enjoyment is going to depend entirely on your tolerance for "HEY REMEMBER THIS THING FROM THE 80s?" If that doesn't wear thin, and you enjoy a story bursting at the seams with such references, you'll enjoy it.
                                That's a great way of putting it. Without some sense of nostalgia for the music, movies and games of that period I'm not too sure how the book would read.
                                -John Barth

Comment

Working...
                                X