X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhatchett
    replied
    Hi Ron,
    I like old Ghost Stories, reminded me of M.R. James and that ilk lol. I went with the limited because it really is limited, only 100 copies and it was reasonably priced.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Got this from PS Publishing today.
    Please tell me you've read a few of the stories already! I have this exact volume (the limited) in mind to add to my next Camelot order as it gives off that '60s/'70s old-world, R. Chetwynd-Hayes kind of vibe, vintage/modern spooky English stories. But I've never read Aidan Chambers and have no idea if his work is any good. Presumably it must have some worth for PS to devote a volume to it, but is it worth the $$? Maybe I should just get the trade? So: What made you opt for the collection, and why the limited?

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    I'm a sucker for those illustrated slipcases. Very nice!
    I've been a little iffy on them. They look cool, but I'm worried about wear and tear, rubbing, etc. A quick aside, it's funny that a slipcase, that by function is meant to protect the book from damage and wear, wounds up being an item that I am worried about getting damage and wear on. Do they make a slipcase for a slipcase? Or will I begin worrying about the condition of my slipcase's slipcase?

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I'm a sucker for those illustrated slipcases. Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I know nothing about this but the illustrations look great!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I think I found out where all the extra traycases for Biofire went: Camelot has them! So my lettered copy will not have to live in a damaged traycase now.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Unfortunately there just isn't really a home to give these extras. Generally speaking people just aren't interested in a case that doesn't go to their book.
    Oh, I'd have some fun with it. I could use them to make my bookshelf look fancier than it is. Or I could use them to pimp out the presentation on another book that fit.

Or for meta-humor, when available. I have a storage traycase that looks like an Edgar Allen Poe collection amongst my books. But if one were to open the traycase they would find a flask!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

You frame this as a problem, but all I can see is an opportunity to build a sweet fort.
    Indeed.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/secon...b0c3ef52184bee

56f453c1150000ad000b3246.jpeg?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale.jpg

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied

I think the most aggregious example of over production was on the gift edition of IT. I think we had something like 2 full pallets of extra slipcases for that book.
    You frame this as a problem, but all I can see is an opportunity to build a sweet fort.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied

You say that, but we tried selling them. No one wanted them. In reality anyone who already has the book already has the case, and the case doesn't actually do you any good without the book. Unless your case is damaged.
    Interesting. So much for that.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Dan, you could retire on the profits from those IT slipcases
    You say that, but we tried selling them. No one wanted them. In reality anyone who already has the book already has the case, and the case doesn't actually do you any good without the book. Unless your case is damaged.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I think the most aggregious example of over production was on the gift edition of IT. I think we had something like 2 full pallets of extra slipcases for that book.
    Dan, you could retire on the profits from those IT slipcases

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

"Purging" just sounds so sad... I'd love to give extra traycases a home. They'd make my books fell special, haha!
    Unfortunately there just isn't really a home to give these extras. Generally speaking people just aren't interested in a case that doesn't go to their book. And if they already have the book, they already have a case for it. Luckily in more recent years the case manufactures have gotten much better about being closer to our actual order quantity (they're allowed something like 10% over or under our order quantity). I think the most aggregious example of over production was on the gift edition of IT. I think we had something like 2 full pallets of extra slipcases for that book.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied

Unless it's something that was released in the last couple of years or is a Stephen King book, than the answer is probably no. In this case it's no. I'm actually in the process of purging a lot of the newer stuff too, just no real reason to sit on loads of extras of some of this stuff.
    "Purging" just sounds so sad... I'd love to give extra traycases a home. They'd make my books fell special, haha!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X