Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NICE!

My kitchen table looked like that the week all of my eBay purchased a handful of CD and SP orders arrived. I was put on eBay probation after that ...

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Reckon I'd ought to go through this stuff and get it put away before the Misses returns tomorrow

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18069[/ATTACH]

Comment

Wow Brian, enjoy!
      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        NICE! My kitchen table looked like that the week all of my eBay purchased a handful of CD and SP orders arrived. I was put on eBay probation after that ...
        There is talk of bringing Prohibition back in my household. But it has nothing to do with the "sauce".

Originally posted by bugen View Post
        Wow Brian, enjoy!
        Thanks, Andrew! Acquired over the last couple of days. Nothing really to write home about expect a couple of pretty cool Remarques. But new to my collection stuff all the same . Finally getting a little down time to open up the goodies.

Comment

I've finally able to get a copy!

John

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            I completely agree that the movie Ghost Story is a great one and I try to watch it each year. However the book has so much more depth that it is hard to compare them. You are in for a treat with a first reading of Ghost Story! After that you should pick up Peter Straub's Lost Boy:Lost Girl which is Peter Straub's best Ghost Story.
            Per Martins suggestion, I returned to the mom and pop yesterday and picked this up. She has several other HB Straub's for sale. Anything else you guys would recommend by him?

Lost Boy Lost Girl Straub.jpg

Comment

If You Could See Me Now was excellent.
              -John Barth

Comment

Per Martins suggestion, I returned to the mom and pop yesterday and picked this up. She has several other HB Straub's for sale. Anything else you guys would recommend by him?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18074[/ATTACH]
                Great read.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18074[/ATTACH]
                  I would also recommend The Hellfire Club. It is a Straub book that does not seem to get much attention but I really liked it.

Comment

Thanks, guys. She did have The Hellfire Club also. Looks like I'll be making another return trip .

Comment

Straub: GHOST STORY is his finest work and a seminal work in the genre.

SCARLET GOSPELS: Beyond his BoB volumes, I'm not much of a Barker fan anymore, but, wow, that volume is gorgeous...congrats.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I haven't read it yet but I hear Straub's Shadowland is very good.

Comment

Did anybody else buy the PS edition of Something Wicked this way Comes? Mine's on the way from Camelot. I'll like y'all know what it looks like.
                          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                            I haven't read it yet but I hear Straub's Shadowland is very good.
                            I remember liking it a lot. I know I read it a few times, many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              Did anybody else buy the PS edition of Something Wicked this way Comes? Mine's on the way from Camelot. I'll like y'all know what it looks like.
                              Mike
                              I did, through SubPress. Love that novel! I saw a pic or two on DT, nothing extensive, but the book was striking. Really looking forward to it.
                              -John Barth

Comment

I would have to go with .KOKO. Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X