X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sphere rocks!!
    If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Picked up these reading copies at a few local bookstores today. Haven't read any of them but I loved the movie Ghost Story and have always wanted to read the book. I lost my reading copy of The Talisman somewhere a long the way in life. This old boy looks like it's been around the block a time or two. I wonder the stories it would tell about its readers..... Also picked up an As New copy of Revival 1st/1st that looked better than mine!

Misc. Book Pics.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        Picked up these reading copies at a few local bookstores today. Haven't read any of them but I loved the movie Ghost Story and have always wanted to read the book. I lost my reading copy of The Talisman somewhere a long the way in life. This old boy looks like it's been around the block a time or two. I wonder the stories it would tell about its readers..... Also picked up an As New copy of Revival 1st/1st that looked better than mine!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17976[/ATTACH]
        I completely agree that the movie Ghost Story is a great one and I try to watch it each year. However the book has so much more depth that it is hard to compare them. You are in for a treat with a first reading of Ghost Story! After that you should pick up Peter Straub's Lost Boy:Lost Girl which is Peter Straub's best Ghost Story.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I completely agree that the movie Ghost Story is a great one and I try to watch it each year. However the book has so much more depth that it is hard to compare them. You are in for a treat with a first reading of Ghost Story! After that you should pick up Peter Straub's Lost Boy:Lost Girl which is Peter Straub's best Ghost Story.
          Thanks, Martin for the suggestion. One of the stores had Lost Boy:Lost Girl right next to Ghost Story, but never having read anything by Straub, I didn't pick it up. I'll try and return next week to do that.

Comment

Good tip Martin, I haven't read Lost Boy:Lost Girl either but am a big fan of Ghost Story. It was one of my earlier challenging reads in horror and helped open me up to what was possible. He's right, Brian, you're in for something special. I've got the Ghost Story movie and have been meaning to watch it but my reading pile keeps taking over. Martin's comment will help me get to it.
            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Well, you guys have me very intrigued about this book now! Might have just moved it up to the top of my list!

Comment

I showed off a couple of cool Jason Gurley (Eleanor, did the artwork for Sub Press's Wool trilogy) signed book that I got a few weeks ago. This week I acquired two new cool items.

First up is the UK edition of Eleanor. Yeah, I might own this book a handful of times already, but the cover's artwork was too beautiful to pass up:

eleanor_UK.jpg

And now what is possibly the jewel of my book collection. Is this better than my Jim Lee doodle of Elvis? My various Neil Gaiman doodles? Even my signed Doctor Sleep (thank you CD!)? Quite possibly.

Jason had a contest to win an edition of Eleanor that he painted a beautiful watercolor painting on the book's boards. I entered the contest and then also asked my girlfriend to as well. She promptly asked her best friend and her sister-in-law to enter as well. Why not?

Well, long story short - I didn't win. My her friend did!

Complete Eleanor.jpg

I'm pretty stoked about this. Too bad the painting is hidden under the book's jacket . . .

Comment

Nice, what a sweet collectible! And LOVE that cover art too.
                  -John Barth

Comment

Very, verynice and "sharp" acquisitions my friends!!!!!
                    My Collection:
                    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
                    Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
                    http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      I showed off a couple of cool Jason Gurley (Eleanor, did the artwork for Sub Press's Wool trilogy) signed book that I got a few weeks ago. This week I acquired two new cool items.

First up is the UK edition of Eleanor. Yeah, I might own this book a handful of times already, but the cover's artwork was too beautiful to pass up:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17978[/ATTACH]

And now what is possibly the jewel of my book collection. Is this better than my Jim Lee doodle of Elvis? My various Neil Gaiman doodles? Even my signed Doctor Sleep (thank you CD!)? Quite possibly.

Jason had a contest to win an edition of Eleanor that he painted a beautiful watercolor painting on the book's boards. I entered the contest and then also asked my girlfriend to as well. She promptly asked her best friend and her sister-in-law to enter as well. Why not?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17979[/ATTACH]

I'm pretty stoked about this. Too bad the painting is hidden under the book's jacket . . .
                      Congratulations, very nice addition!

Comment

Congrats, TD -- that's a wonderful new piece!
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17978[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17979[/ATTACH]

Glad someone here got it. I entered as well. I also received my UK edition of Eleanor. Love the artwork on that one.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful water colour TD!

Comment

Awesome add, Jason!

Comment

Ready Player One showed up today:

SAM_2232.jpg

SAM_2235.jpg

SAM_2241.jpg

SAM_2244.jpg

SAM_2247.jpg

SAM_2249.jpg
                                -John Barth

Comment

Working...
                                X