No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My copy of the scratched and dented version of STINGER arrived today. Pretty much flawless. Hell, even the spine made a cracking noise when I opened it to put my Brodart cover one.

Also picked up the 10th Anniversary Edition of The Book Thief. Never read it, did enjoy the movie (even if the narrator annoyed me,) and a good friend recommended it to me.

Comment

My copy of GONE GIRL arrived today. I posted my (mostly disappointed) thoughts in the GONE GIRL thread in the "Current CD Projects" board.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I was reading that. Makes me a little hesitant to get mine. Hmmmm.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        My copy of GONE GIRL arrived today. I posted my (mostly disappointed) thoughts in the GONE GIRL thread in the "Current CD Projects" board.

Comment

Picked up the Bloodletting Press edition of Brian Keene's Urban Gothic at a local bookstore.

While I love Keene, this is only my second limited edition. The after-market pricing for his limited stuff tends to flat-out insane, so I can't afford many of the editions I'd like (The Rising, chief among them). The other one I've snagged so far was Castaways, which is also a Bloodletting Press edition. Unlike that one, which was bound in burlap, their Urban Gothic is a much more traditional looking book. Leather bound, it's really quite gorgeous. The Alex McVey art is unique and disturbing. I just wish the binding was more cooperative, because I would have gladly taken pictures of more of it. Really great addition, and I'm super happy to add it to my Brian Keen collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
            Picked up the Bloodletting Press edition of Brian Keene's Urban Gothic at a local bookstore.

While I love Keene, this is only my second limited edition. The after-market pricing for his limited stuff tends to flat-out insane, so I can't afford many of the editions I'd like (The Rising, chief among them). The other one I've snagged so far was Castaways, which is also a Bloodletting Press edition. Unlike that one, which was bound in burlap, their Urban Gothic is a much more traditional looking book. Leather bound, it's really quite gorgeous. The Alex McVey art is unique and disturbing. I just wish the binding was more cooperative, because I would have gladly taken pictures of more of it. Really great addition, and I'm super happy to add it to my Brian Keen collection.
            That is a beautiful book, thanks for sharing. I may have too look for a copy.

Comment

It's not a book, but if anybody in the world will appreciate this as much as I do, it will be people on this forum. I spent the weekend in Tokyo and came across this little gem in the back of a display case in a memorabilia/old toy sort of shop. The last thing I would have ever expected to come across. I have no idea where it came from or anything, but it is heavy, made of metal, and quite cool. There was also a cheaper one signed by some of the cast members on a big plastic base that said Phantasm 3, but it was pretty cheap looking and unruly.
              IMG_0153.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jigertz View Post
                It's not a book, but if anybody in the world will appreciate this as much as I do, it will be people on this forum. I spent the weekend in Tokyo and came across this little gem in the back of a display case in a memorabilia/old toy sort of shop. The last thing I would have ever expected to come across. I have no idea where it came from or anything, but it is heavy, made of metal, and quite cool. There was also a cheaper one signed by some of the cast members on a big plastic base that said Phantasm 3, but it was pretty cheap looking and unruly.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]17961[/ATTACH]
                Very cool!

Comment

Yeah, that's sweet
                  “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                  -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Nice pick!

Comment

Where do you people live that you can find limited editions like that in used book stores?

Argh, I hate this area.

Comment

Great Movie, great find!

Comment

The first Phantasm is a favourite of mine. Great grab!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17961[/ATTACH]
                            Oh man, that just freaking rocks!

Comment

Sweet find...I got the DVD 'box' set, but that's frekin' awesome!

Comment

That's really cool! I don't think I've ever actually seen the movie. I remember trying to watch it once, but it turned out to be "edited for TV", which made me switch it off right away.

Comment

Working...
                                X