No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the new additions here! Congratulations, guys!!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
      Love the new additions here! Congratulations, guys!!

sk
      Thanks, Siep!

Comment

Just received Thunderstorm's Private Reserve edition of Rock and Roll Zombies from Camelot Books the other day.

This was the first Bryan Smith book I ever read and it made me a fan. I love the pulpy, 80s horror movie feel of the story and the music references throughout. When I found out there was such a limited edition of the book, it immediately became one of my "must haves". Imagine my surprise when this copy showed up on Camelot's website. I didn't even hesitate to put it on lay-a-way and paid it off full the moment I could do so. The edition didn't disappoint. I love the garish green of the cover. They made liberal use of the cover art through out the book. The textured leather is really nice. Extremely pleased I could add this to my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
          Just received Thunderstorm's Private Reserve edition of Rock and Roll Zombies from Camelot Books the other day.

This was the first Bryan Smith book I ever read and it made me a fan. I love the pulpy, 80s horror movie feel of the story and the music references throughout. When I found out there was such a limited edition of the book, it immediately became one of my "must haves". Imagine my surprise when this copy showed up on Camelot's website. I didn't even hesitate to put it on lay-a-way and paid it off full the moment I could do so. The edition didn't disappoint. I love the garish green of the cover. They made liberal use of the cover art through out the book. The textured leather is really nice. Extremely pleased I could add this to my collection.
          Great addition, congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Great addition, congratulations!
            Thank you.

Comment

Funny, I just picked up my first Bryan Smith novel a few days ago: SLOWLY WE ROT, the signed/limited hardcover direct from the man himself. I understand it's atypical of his style/themes (i.e. quiet and reflective, which I prefer anyhow, rather than overt and violent), but I also hear it's quite good, so thought I'd give it a shot.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I also own the limited of Slowly We Rot. It is a bit different from his normal stuff, but I also think it's his best book.

Comment

it's his best book.
                  That's what I continue to hear, so am really looking forward to diving in.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

The book. I ordered it, it came.

Comment

I've been putting off buying other physical editions since The Scarlet Gospels came out because I knew the day would come when I ordered this one. It took far longer than I imagined it would, but I'm so glad the day finally came when it arrived courtesy of Camelot Books. Absolutely gorgeous edition. It's really immaculately put together, with fine leather and great paper stock. The two color printing is very tasteful and well done. The slip case is wonderful. The only complaint I have (and it's very small) is the size of the manuscript pages. I wish they were one to a page, but that's such a small nitpick. Simply a great book by Earthling.

Comment

Great pics, thank you for sharing!
                        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I've been putting off buying other physical editions since The Scarlet Gospels came out because I knew the day would come when I ordered this one. It took far longer than I imagined it would, but I'm so glad the day finally came when it arrived courtesy of Camelot Books. Absolutely gorgeous edition. It's really immaculately put together, with fine leather and great paper stock. The two color printing is very tasteful and well done. The slip case is wonderful. The only complaint I have (and it's very small) is the size of the manuscript pages. I wish they were one to a page, but that's such a small nitpick. Simply a great book by Earthling.
                          Looks great! Congratulations.

Comment

Love the look of the slipcase as well.

Comment

Reckon I'd ought to go through this stuff and get it put away before the Misses returns tomorrow

IMG_1654.jpg

Comment

I really wish I would have pushed one this one. What A beautiful book.Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X