No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Ghost Stories looks great! I've seen a few anthologies like this at the one local used book shop - never picked one up yet though for some reason.

Watership Down is book I read, and used to own a copy way back when I was a kid (1980s), even remember watching an animated movie about it.

Comment

Looks like I was able to snag a signed addition of Logan's Run from Centipede Press. Should be in the mail in about a week.Very happy as this has been on my radar since it was announced.

Comment

Tempting at $85, but I'm going to pass, I think. Congratz, Tom.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thanks Squire. I am just about bought out for the year now. Still have 5 book club coupons to use over the next 5 months and with the King books and Little books all on pre-order I think I am set........of course I have said that before..

Comment

Yes you have!

Looking forward to some pics.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Two new Subterranean Press adds. I think Peter Brett does a good job with his novellas. Be nice when they finally do the main novels. Not Joe's strongest effort, but good.

IMG_0425.jpg

Comment

Still gotta get around to checking out both authors. Nice adds though, can't go wrong with Sub. Press.

Comment

I got the Joe Abercrombie book as well. i ordered it mainly because of the artwork.
                  Has anyone read it?

sk

Comment

I have. It reads a lot like his other books, just with a single POV character.

Comment

I read it, though I enjoyed it, I didn't find the writing up to his usual standard. Good story, couple of twists, just, I don't know. Still glad I bought it and looking forward to the sequel, next month?
                      Mike

Comment

I actually loved Half a King. I've read 5 of Abercrombie's 7 novels and this is my favorite so far, though I can understand his hardcore fans might find it a little different, maybe even a bit of a letdown.

It didn't have his trademark pessimism to the extent of the original trilogy, but it's still there and has a good amount of gloom. It definitely feels more streamlined than the trilogy - a very quick read. I still have to get to Best Served Cold and Heroes, which many say are his best.

This one was my first Abercrombie (thanks Marduk) and got a full 5 stars from me.
                        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

The Heroes was my least favorite of the stand-alone books. That's not to say it was bad, because it's very good, just not as good as the other two in my opinion.

I do find it kind of weird that you read Red Country before the other two, though. They're all internally sequential by publication date and you spoil some things by reading them out of order.

Comment

Yeah, I messed the order all up, staring with Half a King, then Red Country, then the trilogy. I was actually trying to get in the Red Country read before SubPress sold out of the lettered in case it was a killer book, which I thought was a possibility after Half a King.
                            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

My latest proof. Contains King's The Doctor's Case:

I also got a while ago, the HC ARC of Revival. This is the publisher's letter:

Page 2:

John

Comment

As always, John, your collection astounds. Great additions.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X