No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"They lacked only the wit to see around the scariest corners inside themselves. Too bad, but that was everything."

SAM_2608.jpg
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
      "They lacked only the wit to see around the scariest corners inside themselves. Too bad, but that was everything."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18226[/ATTACH]
      Love that cover art!

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18226[/ATTACH]
        I picked this up as well from Centipede when they had it on sale for $29. The cover art is just fantastic. I haven't read anything by Tessier before but I do have The Nightwalker in paperback and the S/L of Wicked Things in my TBR pile. Anybody have a suggestion as to which one to start with?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          I picked this up as well from Centipede when they had it on sale for $29. The cover art is just fantastic. I haven't read anything by Tessier before but I do have The Nightwalker in paperback and the S/L of Wicked Things in my TBR pile. Anybody have a suggestion as to which one to start with?
          No, as I don't remember those two (if I ever read them), but of all the Tessier books I've read, Harvest Home would be my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
            No, as I don't remember those two (if I ever read them), but of all the Tessier books I've read, Harvest Home would be my favorite.
            Thomas Tryon is the author of Harvest Home, not Thomas Tessier. He also wrote The Other, among others.

Of the two mentioned before, a The Nightwalker would be my recommendation. It's often cited as Tessier's best work, and I'd be inclined to agree.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Thomas Tryon is the author of Harvest Home, not Thomas Tessier. He also wrote The Other, among others.

Of the two mentioned before, a The Nightwalker would be my recommendation. It's often cited as Tessier's best work, and I'd be inclined to agree.
              You're right, of course...not sure why I got those two authors mixed up.

Comment

Beautiful book, bugen. I never read it before, but nearly pulled the trigger when Centipede had it for sale just because of the cover art.

Comment

'Salem's Lot GE

A few pics of the 'Salem's Lot Gift Edition that arrived this morning.

DSCN0042.jpg

DSCN0043.jpg

DSCN0044.jpg

DSCN0047.jpg

DSCN0050.jpg

And a shot of some different editions for scale.
                  DSCN0051.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                    A few pics of the 'Salem's Lot Gift Edition that arrived this morning.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18234[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18235[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18236[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18237[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18238[/ATTACH]

And a shot of some different editions for scale.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18239[/ATTACH]
                    Nice to see that one out in the wild. Still a short wait for me since I only have the AE ordered.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Dave. It really is a beautiful book. It's only going to get better from here on out ladies and gents. Outstanding job CD gang!

Comment

Great pics, Dave, thanks for posting them.
                        -John Barth

Comment

Received a large, heavy box from Cemetery Dance today.

Comment

This is my long-standing favorite King novel, so the wait has been killer. But it was totally worth it. The edition managed to deliver on my pretty lofty expectations. The artwork is gorgeous and the paper stock is wonderful. Really thick, and heavy. Just amazing production quality. An absolute gorgeous book. I just hope it doesn't take as long to receive The Shining.
                            Last edited by Plasticine; 05-10-2016, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post

This is my long-standing favorite King novel, so the wait has been killer. But it was totally worth it. The edition managed to deliver on my pretty lofty expectations. The artwork is gorgeous and the paper stock is wonderful. Really thick, and heavy. Just amazing production quality. An absolute gorgeous book. I just hope it doesn't take as long to receive The Shining.
                              Fantastic! Love the close up photo's of the art.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Fantastic! Love the close up photo's of the art.
                                Yep, great photos, as usual!
                                -John Barth

Comment

Working...
                                X