Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Yeah, it's short and it's divided into 4(?) separate stories--each more pointless than the last. AND I will add that Little had all the ingredients of a creepy as hell horror story, he just didn't follow any sort of recipe that could bring it all together into a satisfying dish.
    I really need to revisit this. I remember thinking it was rather bonkers, and that it had a subtle gut punch of a last line or so. I also remember there being a couple elements that turned me off the story. Agreed that it isn’t Little’s best story.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      I really need to revisit this. I remember thinking it was rather bonkers, and that it had a subtle gut punch of a last line or so. I also remember there being a couple elements that turned me off the story. Agreed that it isn’t Little’s best story.
      Yeah, it was bonkers. And I like bonkers. Lansdale's The Drive In trilogy and Wong's John Dies at the End trilogy are all awesome. I look forward to rereading them all someday. But Little's brand of bonkers is just flat bonkers. The climax (I should just say end because the whole book was a flatline of WTF? and didn't take me to any new heights) had me wondering if I had fallen asleep while reading and found myself in one of those abstract dreams that have a lot of imagery but no narrative thread or plot line to follow. The big baddie in The Circle was the stupidest character I've ever encountered.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
        Great post.
        Thanks -- and thanks, too, for your recent review of LIBRARY OF THE DEAD...that's one I've been looking at for a couple years (and even learning more about the actual mausoleum it's based upon: https://oakland.chapelofthechimes.co...ur-facilities/) and just needed a little extra push to get me to commit. Consider me pushed.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

CEMETERY DANCE has gotten SO MUCH of my money and it's only 4 days into 2018. It's going to be the YEAR OF THE RAMEN NOODLES

Comment

CEMETERY DANCE has gotten SO MUCH of my money and it's only 4 days into 2018. It's going to be the YEAR OF THE RAMEN NOODLES
            I feel your pain. CD is on a roll, but Centipede is gearing up for a good year too. Maybe we can all start a ramen co-op, pool our resources to get better ramen deals, stretching our meager food budgets...

Comment

Feeling pretty good about myself right now. I have only laced one order with Cemetery Dance in 2018!

Comment

It took me a while to get around to taking pictures, but here was my Christmas gift from my wife this year:

The Centipede Press edition of Peter Straub's Julia.

I had serious reservations that the book would live up to its rather steep price tag, but DEAR GOD, is this a good looking book! Centipede did an amazing job with this edition: from the cover art and binding, even the paper used on this thing is impressive. I've always had a sweet spot for this understated gem of a book in my heart, but now I'm happy to have this edition in my collection.

IMG_0967.jpgIMG_0968.jpg
                IMG_0969.jpgIMG_0970.jpg
                IMG_0972.jpgIMG_0975.jpg

Comment

CD got me for four orders. Two are in stock books and two were preorders (of the same book!) Combined with all the stuff I bought in 2017 that is either in the warehouse or soon will be, and I have about 8 books coming to me this month.

Dan, if you want to put them all in one box that’d be great! I won’t even ask for reduced/refunded shipping costs if it just means that those books can come home faster!

Comment

It took me a while to get around to taking pictures, but here was my Christmas gift from my wife this year:

I had serious reservations that the book would live up to its rather steep price tag, but DEAR GOD, is this a good looking book! Centipede did an amazing job with this edition: from the cover art and binding, even the paper used on this thing is impressive. I've always had a sweet spot for this understated gem of a book in my heart, but now I'm happy to have this edition in my collection.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20379[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20380[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20381[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20382[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20383[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20384[/ATTACH]
                    Wow! Julia is so hot!

Comment

I feel your pain. CD is on a roll, but Centipede is gearing up for a good year too. Maybe we can all start a ramen co-op, pool our resources to get better ramen deals, stretching our meager food budgets...
                      That’s a great idea. Maybe we should all live on a commune where we can stare at each other’s shelves!

Comment

Nice book, Keith! Congrats!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20379[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20380[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]20381[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20382[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]20383[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20384[/ATTACH]
                          That is a great gift! Thanks for posting the photos!

Comment

Wow, that JULIA is beautiful -- sure makes me really examine my decision to skip it because of the price tag. Clearly, the book justifies its cost. That was a very generous gift from your wife, you're a lucky man.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I passed as well but I'm looking forward to the Arthur Machen, Arthur Burk, Swords Against Death and Children of the Night.

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I am definitely lucky to have a wife that indulges my hobbies!

Comment

Working...
                                X