No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are all some beautiful shelves. I wish I had the woodworking skills to make some bookshelves. In theory they don't look hard but I don't have the skills or the equipment. (I can make a good IPA though ..)

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      These are all some beautiful shelves. I wish I had the woodworking skills to make some bookshelves. In theory they don't look hard but I don't have the skills or the equipment. (I can make a good IPA though ..)

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        I'm too paranoid about dust getting on my books, so I had to go with the behind-the-glass look...the office is not nearly as narrow and claustrophobic as this photo suggests, but it's the best my camera could manage:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16394[/ATTACH]
        I really like the barrister bookcases (at least, that's what they're called where I come from). I'll have to get a few of those for my more collectible books some day.

I snagged 28 bookshelves at $5 each when my old company moved buildings. I have a lot of them in the attic, with paperbacks crammed in two levels deep on each one. I really need to get rid of some of the older paperbacks that I'll never look at again.

One thing I love about ebooks is that they leave space free for the collectible books. I watched my virus scanner run thru my books folder on the pc and it processed over 600,000 files, and that includes many gigs of rar files that have never been extracted. I'd need a second house for that lot if they were physical books.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
          I really like the barrister bookcases (at least, that's what they're called where I come from).
          Yep, barrister bookcase or lawyer's bookcase...I'm in Washington State, so, like you, in the U.S. Not sure if they're calling anything different overseas. And I'm not sure what you call those on the right of the picture, the ones with glass doors...guess just bookcase with glass doors.

One thing I love about ebooks is that they leave space free for the collectible books. I watched my virus scanner run thru my books folder on the pc and it processed over 600,000 files, and that includes many gigs of rar files that have never been extracted. I'd need a second house for that lot if they were physical books.
          I have a few books on my phone, but what I have found is that I simply don't read e-books...they get downloaded but never read. Even if they're books that I'm really interested in and would have otherwise read them if they were in print form, they just don't get read. I think that'd still be the case even if I had a dedicated e-reader (e.g. Kindle)...I'm just too in love with paper. I'd probably have one helluva collection of great books on it, but not one would get read. I've tried to stray...and fail each time.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I prefer analog books over ebooks. But ebooks have allowed me to check out a lot of new small press authors who I probably would have never found if they only had analog books. (Quite a few give you a free book when you sign up for their email list. Can't see that working very well if ebooks weren't the delivery format.)

Now saying that - I will buy ebook versions of some books because it gets tiring having to carry around one, sometimes two 500+ hardcover novels while commuting on mass transit.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              I have a few books on my phone, but what I have found is that I simply don't read e-books...they get downloaded but never read. Even if they're books that I'm really interested in and would have otherwise read them if they were in print form, they just don't get read. I think that'd still be the case even if I had a dedicated e-reader (e.g. Kindle)...I'm just too in love with paper. I'd probably have one helluva collection of great books on it, but not one would get read. I've tried to stray...and fail each time.
              I have a kindle paper white, and it's always loaded with books. I love it when I go on trips by plane. I can bring a book for each day of vacation and not pay the weight or space penalty of physical books. It's also great to always have 50+ books waiting to be read, and having it all in a jacket pocket whenever I have some down time.

I still go to the library and make the most of my property taxes each year

Comment

I read book books and some e-books. What I tend to do is when I read one of my limited editions if an ebook is available and not to expensive I will buy the ebook and read it when I am on my break at work or out. Then just read from the limited at home.

Comment

Very nice shelving units guys. Makes me ashamed to store my limited editions in my closet.

Comment

David Schow's The Shaft just arrived yesterday from Centipede Press.

I've been looking forward to this book for some time. I read about it when I first started collecting limited editions, and it lead me toward Centipede Press and other similarly high end presses. It's really a beautiful book. The slip cover was a surprise. It's like a slip case you'd find on a DVD or BluRay. It's glossy finish really makes the art pop (I didn't get a picture only because I felt like I would have too many "cover" pictures as it stood. The rest of the book is the same super high quality you'd expect from Centipede. It's worth every penny, and I couldn't be happier to finally add this edition to my collection. I can't wait to see how the James Herbert Rats collection turns out.

Comment

I picked up this beauty as well. Thanks for posting such fantastic pics! Love the angles, clarity, composition... everything.
                      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy my pictures. I just wish I had the money to be able to take even more.

Comment

Our first real snow of the year...And I got a snow day out of it LOL!! To celebrate, I'm posting a few titles I've recently picked up.
                          IMG_0431.jpg

Comment

And the mailman just brought this. I'm trying to pick up older sci-fi titles that I read when I was younger and couldn't afford the hardbacks. I read my first "Bolo" title in an old Whitman Science fiction collection in almost made me cry. No mean feat in those days.
                            IMG_0432.jpg

Comment

I just got my UK slipcased limited (with King's facsimile signature) of Revival. I have #355 of the 500 printed. It was the last of the UK variants that I needed.

John

Comment

My out-of-print grab bag showed up today.

CDOPGB.jpg
                                “Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.”
                                — Roland Deschain
                                Wanted
                                The following Cemetery Dance ARC: Full Dark, No Stars, Doctor Sleep

Comment

Working...
                                X