X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Nos4a2 is amazing! Nice add!

Comment

DSCN2406.jpgDSCN2407.jpgDSCN2408.jpg
      My three favorite things, Books, Coffee and Fall!! Both of these volumes were edited by Tony Earnshaw, Clearly both are labors of Love. And this is why I can't afford to join CDCC, LOL!! So many books, so little money!!
      Have a great Week,
      MDH

Comment

Sorry I did such a bad job with new book post. Kind of rushed. And I wanted to credit the artist, John Randal York, you can find his work on ebay, super nice guy.
        Coffee0001.jpg

Comment

[QUOTE=bugen;70808]From the SubPress grab bag. Overall I'm quite happy with this, though it was expensive. Baba Yaga had a little damage, and 2 I had already purchased, but still the set seems pretty nice. Really looking forward to the high quality and unknown to me Elizabeth Bear and Kelly Armstrong books, which are leather productions. The rest of the limiteds and trades are of a nice cloth.

How much was this grab bag going for? That's quite the nice haul you ended up with.

Comment

Thanks! I'm pretty sure the grab bag was $149 + shipping. I ended up paying $165 total. It's kind of a lot of surprise material to get all at once.
            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              WOW!!! Love that edition.
              Nice! Beautiful book!

Comment

Thought I'd share what I bought from Grant. Love Bradbury. Smooth transaction, fast ship, in ebay speak lol!!
                MDH
                DSCN2426.jpg

Comment

Very nice look book there
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Thank You Sir!

Comment

My latest additions:

It 25th Anniversary Edition CD proof:

The back:

And the spine:

This sucker is HEAVY, too!

Also, the Full Dark No Stars CD Gift/Lettered edition proof:

The back:

And finally, the CD Full Dark No Stars Signed Limited proof:

And its back:

These bring me to a total of 113 US proofs.

John

Comment

Not purchased - received for my birthday!

This book, one of the most ambitious projects I've ever heard of around this genre, attempts to catalog ALL English language anthologies of horror, occult, weird, supernatural and fantasy, in history up until 1995. Complete insanity in its awesomeness:

index pic.png

This book, a leather-bound connoisseur's guide to Scotch written by a world authority on the subject, should expand my knowledge of my favorite whisky a great deal. I've taken today and tomorrow off work, which means I might get into some of the finer points of this exploration today

Scotch pic.png
                        -John Barth

Comment

Interesting book on scotch. I'd be curious to know how they rate many of the Hiram Walker's brands, as my Dad retired from there, seeing as the world HQ for Hiram Walker's (Canadian Club) was (and still may be ) located in my wonderful city.

Comment

Sorry, checked but didn't see any Canadian Club listed. I think CC is generally a blended whisky whereas the book mainly details single malts - it's been ages since I've tried it. More recently from Canada I've tried a few of the Crown Royal blends, but in general find it too smooth (if you can believe it). I haven't tried their Crown Royal Reserve which I hear is fantastic.

I bet there are some beautiful CC aged blends I'm not aware of. If you hear of something that's to die for but relatively unknown please drop me a line. Nothing quite beats insider, professional info!!!
                            -John Barth

Comment

Crown Royal was/is a competitor with CC (Hiram Walker & Sons). When my Dad worked there (1970-2000, retired at 50, 30 years and out), it was the place to be, one of our city's biggest employers, along with Chrysler, Ford, GM. I'm not a scotch/whisky person, but I used to get tons of CC pencils, coasters, you name it. Even had lamps made out of these huge CC bottles, which used to have a hand pump on top.

Comment

Picked this up from Camelot Books. The Land Across Gene Wolfe PS Publishing...A couple of weird typo's lol, but the book is interesting.
                                MDH
                                DSCN2427.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X