No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the latest, but I picked this up a couple of weeks ago and finally got a pic last night. Packed full of artwork.

DSC_0100.jpg
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
      Ha, the beds we tried out today were dangerous! The bed we have right now that we're giving to my wife's brother for one of his spare rooms feels even more firm than it used to! Thanks for the congrats, wasn't expecting to get it as fast as I did. Filed back in March, so I figured I'd have to wait until September or October at least to get a letter saying that I'd been denied and having to file an appeal, but got approved the first time. Hate that I need it, but not able to work. Luckily get VA benefits, too. Social Security is definitely not enough to live on by itself, that's for sure!
      Glad it worked out. I get a little shrapnel money form the VA myself. People have been knocking the VA of late, it did take about two years to get approved, but if you were in the military were really surprised by the wait? The point being, they came through in the end, I get a little money and pretty good health care and luckily, 3 IEDs later, I don't hear too well, I have a cool scar on my forehead, but I can still work. Don't feel bad that you're drawing benefits that you've earned/are entitled to.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        Glad it worked out. I get a little shrapnel money form the VA myself. People have been knocking the VA of late, it did take about two years to get approved, but if you were in the military were really surprised by the wait? The point being, they came through in the end, I get a little money and pretty good health care and luckily, 3 IEDs later, I don't hear too well, I have a cool scar on my forehead, but I can still work. Don't feel bad that you're drawing benefits that you've earned/are entitled to.
        Oh I don't feel bad at all, I depend on it. I only had to wait about 5 months for my initial claim, which was fast. Definitely expected to wait longer than that! If you go in the Army without patience then you are screwed, lol! Luckily I was already patient, though I became even more patient as a result. That's probably why I don't get upset about waiting years for some books.

I get a good amount of money now, but I'd rather be working. I actually don't mind being home all the time, but I could make a lot more money working in the field I got my degree in, which was computer networking. Didn't get shrapnel, though I was probably 30 seconds from getting it once from a mortar that hit close to where I was smoking. Do have tinnitus though, probably from the incoming and outgoing mortars from my base in Iraq
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Maybe silly but i've finally got my hands on copies of my book
          It can be found on Amazon - LINK

Comment

One of my Holy Grails:

I now have a complete set of Green Mile proofs.

According to my notes, no more than 12 of these exist, contrary to what has been said.

John

Comment

That's awesome, John!
              Congratulations!!!

So, what's next???

sk

Comment

I have a few things in the pipeline right now, but my next Holy Grail is the orange Plume proof of The Gunslinger. Of course, funds are really tight right now.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                  Maybe silly but i've finally got my hands on copies of my book
                  It can be found on Amazon - LINK
                  Very nice, congrats, love the cover art.

Comment

Right now I am waiting to get a copy of 4 Killers, a traycased edition of King's Way Press' edition of Killer's Diary by Brian Pinkerton, and Alice Walks by Michael Aronovitz from Centipede Press. Look forward to seeing the quality of their work.

Today I picked up a HC copy of the true crime book Lost Girls

I also bought Kindle editions of From a Changeling Star by Jeffrey A Carver and Ancient Enemy by Michael McBride
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                      Right now I am waiting to get a copy of 4 Killers, a traycased edition of King's Way Press' edition of Killer's Diary by Brian Pinkerton, and Alice Walks by Michael Aronovitz from Centipede Press. Look forward to seeing the quality of their work.

Today I picked up a HC copy of the true crime book Lost Girls

I also bought Kindle editions of From a Changeling Star by Jeffrey A Carver and Ancient Enemy by Michael McBride
                      That's a nice list of items coming your way. I have Alice Walks and I thought that the presentation was very nice, though I have yet to read it. Aronovitz's collection of short stories, Seven Deadly Pleasures, is one of my top reads of the year so far.

Comment

4 killers and Killer's Diary both look really nice. I have them both.

Comment

Killer's Diary sounds very good, and the edition I got came with the traycase, so didn't want to pass that up. The Traycase costs $20 from King's Way

Couldn't pass up the good price on 4 Killers either.
                          Spoiler!

Comment

So, the local Goodwill bookstore had a 50% off sale this last Saturday - could I resist? Uhm.....NO!!!!!

Didn't really have much I was too interested in, but did grab 3 books: Delores Claiborne, Just After Sunset (both in HC), and Barker's Mister B Gone.

I find it very hard to find the authors I really like in the used market (Simmons, Barker are 2 that are rare finds for me, in good condition).

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                              Not the latest, but I picked this up a couple of weeks ago and finally got a pic last night. Packed full of artwork.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15599[/ATTACH]
                              Very nice! And very jealous!

Comment

While not a collector's item by any means, I did just acquire a 13th printing of the original version of Stephen King's The Stand in hardcover. No more bumming around with a wee little paperback copy on my SK shelf.

Comment

Working...
                                X