No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't a beauty. But what really surprised me when I received my copy, was that I ordered it 3 years ago. Worth the wait!
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Very nice! And very jealous!
      Thanks, Sock Monkey. I debated for a while whether or not to even pick it up. As a whole it seemed too expensive for a book I ended up rating 3 stars, but Smoke and Mirrors has a number of excellent tales, and two I felt were pure genius, so in the end I went for it. Blown away by the level and quantity of artwork within. A very nice production by SubPress.
      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Picked up these Reading gargoyles at the flea market. They're keeping an eye on a few of my new additions.
        Have a great weekend,
        MikeIMG_0375.jpg

Comment

I have those exact ones! Was given them as an awesome birthday present, and they sit atop my bookshelf like horns.
          -John Barth

Comment

Just bought PC copies of Dark'Un and Restless Shadows from Ronald Kelly, both to be inscribed and remarqued Won Restless Shadows on eBay, but got outbid on Dark'Un because I forgot to increase my high bid over the minimum and wasn't where I was able to check on it. Ronald had another copy, which he offered me over Facebook and definitely. Told him he could definitely inscribe them if he chose to since I have no plans to sell them. Then he said he'd inscribe and remarque them Definitely looking forward to getting them
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

Love those!
              Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              Picked up these Reading gargoyles at the flea market. They're keeping an eye on a few of my new additions.
              Have a great weekend,
              Mike[ATTACH=CONFIG]15704[/ATTACH]

Comment

Thanks, they look great and weigh a ton. I see lots of neat bookends, but many just don't have the Ummpff to hold up one book let alone a bunch. These will go with my Halloween display next month.
                Have a great weekend,
                Mike

Comment

Love the gargoyles!

Next weekend is the local Terry Fox Run for cancer research, if you are unfamiliar with Terry Fox google him, although every Canadian on here should know him. Anyways.......there was a used booksale for raising money for this charity this weekend. Lots of selection, great prices, but I only grabbed one book - nice hard cover of Clive Barker's Everville. They had lots of King, Koontz, tons of James Patterson books!!!!!! They are holding it again next Saturday - may stop in again.

Comment

Events like that are great. Nothing like adding to the collection and helping people at the same time. Good grab!

Comment

From the SubPress grab bag. Overall I'm quite happy with this, though it was expensive. Baba Yaga had a little damage, and 2 I had already purchased, but still the set seems pretty nice. Really looking forward to the high quality and unknown to me Elizabeth Bear and Kelly Armstrong books, which are leather productions. The rest of the limiteds and trades are of a nice cloth.

Signed Limiteds:
                      limiteds.jpg

Trades:
                      trades.jpg
                      -John Barth

Comment

Nice adds. I do believe in the description of the grab bag they mentioned that some of the books were not in perfect condition and would make good reading copies. I love the quality of Subterranean Press's books. Looks like you got quite a nice haul,

Comment

Thanks Bookworm, and you're correct it was mentioned in their post that there may be a little damage here and there for the grab bags. I feel it was worth it and would probably partake again should the opportunity arise.
                          -John Barth

Comment

Purchased Ronald Kelly's Pitfall from Thunderstorm and also purchased the Thunderstorm edition of his novel Fear from Amazon, which I essentially got for free with the gift card balance I got last night. Just had to pay $3.99 shipping. Hopefully it is in the new condition it was sold as, though I am not worried considering the seller's feedback rating. I also made a purchase from CD today that my wife said I could do since she'd just spent a bunch of money on herself
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Received this one a couple of weeks back but finally got a pic yesterday. Last one, letter 'Z'.

NOS4A2.jpg

*props to Fred Sewell for the still. Nicely done, brother
                              -John Barth

Comment

WOW!!! Love that edition.
                                Originally posted by bugen View Post
                                Received this one a couple of weeks back but finally got a pic yesterday. Last one, letter 'Z'.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15737[/ATTACH]

*props to Fred Sewell for the still. Nicely done, brother

Comment

Working...
                                X