Is there really a Short Story Day? ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
      Is there really a Short Story Day? ~Cap
      Yes, and it is today! Short Story Day (21st December) | Days Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Well, I'll be a -----'s ---. I thought someone was yanking my chain for sure. ~Cap
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

For the last two hours my house has been repeatedly buzzed by a low flying helicopter. Finally decided if the ol'interweb had info about what was going on. Turns out two people have been shot at a doctors office about a 1/2 mile from me. The suspect is at large.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Stay safe my friend.

For the last two hours my house has been repeatedly buzzed by a low flying helicopter. Finally decided if the ol'interweb had info about what was going on. Turns out two people have been shot at a doctors office about a 1/2 mile from me. The suspect is at large.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              Sorry to hear that. Stay safe my friend.

The helicopter has stopped circling and they have now said there is no threat to the public. Fortunately the office the shooting occurred is 50 yards from the hospital. They are saying both victims are in the hospital emergency room but are giving no other details.

Comment

The helicopter has stopped circling and they have now said there is no threat to the public. Fortunately the office the shooting occurred is 50 yards from the hospital. They are saying both victims are in the hospital emergency room but are giving no other details.
                Hitting a little too close to home for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Hitting a little too close to home for sure.
                  I have been in this house for almost 24 years. In that time there have been 2 shootings in the general area. Both have been in the last three months.

Comment

I have been in this house for almost 24 years. In that time there have been 2 shootings in the general area. Both have been in the last three months.
                    Sign of the times I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Sign of the times I guess.
                      I am hoping more for statistical randomness but time will tell.

Comment

I am hoping more for statistical randomness but time will tell.
                        Probably more long these lines, I'd agree.

Comment

Noticed that "The Cipher" by Kathe Koja was just reviewed today on the Free Reads section of the CD website. Have seen this book on a bunch of "the best horror novels that you've never read" lists. Have always wanted to give it a go; however, I don't really purchase paperbacks anymore. Prefer to stick with hardcovers. Does anyone know if a hardcover of this title exists? Did the usual Amazon/ABE search and didn't see a hardcover edition; however, I know that doesn't necessarily indicate that one doesn't exist. Thought I'd ask the forum as I figure that if a hardcover does exist, than perhaps one of you has it in your collection. Any info is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                            Noticed that "The Cipher" by Kathe Koja was just reviewed today on the Free Reads section of the CD website. Have seen this book on a bunch of "the best horror novels that you've never read" lists. Have always wanted to give it a go; however, I don't really purchase paperbacks anymore. Prefer to stick with hardcovers. Does anyone know if a hardcover of this title exists? Did the usual Amazon/ABE search and didn't see a hardcover edition; however, I know that doesn't necessarily indicate that one doesn't exist. Thought I'd ask the forum as I figure that if a hardcover does exist, than perhaps one of you has it in your collection. Any info is appreciated.
                            Goodreads only lists an audiobook, multiple paperbacks and multiple ebooks. Doubt there has been a hardcover available.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                              I don't think there's a hardcover edition either, but Meerkat Press just did an oversize PB edition. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_-IQBJKYP0

Comment

Happy Holiday season to all. I wish everyone love, joy, and a big hug from Santa.

Attached Files
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X