Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Lets just say if someone were to have received a certain amount of money, lets just say $600, should said person pay down a little debt or buy a book which they normally couldn't afford?
    Please show us the new book when you get it!

Comment

Not sure what I want to buy yet. Thinking it may be a deposit to a 1st 1st of The Gunslinger.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Please show us the new book when you get it!
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Really I'm just looking for a bunch of replies encouraging me to spend the money unwisely. These replies will be used in my defense once my wife realizes what I've done.

I say it's your responsibility to stimulate the economy with your stimulus, so stimulate away!
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Lets just say if someone were to have received a certain amount of money, lets just say $600, should said person pay down a little debt or buy a book which they normally couldn't afford?
          Tell your wife that books are an investment! Look how the Suntup Misery has increased in value

I'm saving my spending pennies for Dune, and possibly a Suntup AGE this month, depending on what comes along. My wife and I allocate a certain dollar amount per week as personal spending money, so neither of us cares what the other spends it on. I tend to buy nothing much except books and bike stuff, and the bike I bought in November reduced my stash to zero. Back to accumulation mode!

Comment

Well I've already browsed Betts, Ebay, and ABE. Didn't realize how much The Gunslinger cost(s) these days. Seemed not long ago I could score one (good copy probably some lean and DJ issue) for $700+ but it seems they have increased in value.

Comment

Been without ESPN for 5-6 months now. Didn't miss it at all until today. Totally forgot they play the college football playoffs exclusively on their channel. Kind of bummed that I couldn't watch either of the games.

Comment

IT's auctions like these that make me consider being a seller. However, at least for me, I know I would never be in a position to replace the book. I would just have to be happy with my clean 1st 1st.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Slipca...eid=39e7b851b6

Comment

IT's auctions like these that make me consider being a seller. However, at least for me, I know I would never be in a position to replace the book. I would just have to be happy with my clean 1st 1st.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Slipca...eid=39e7b851b6
                  It's crazy how much that unsigned gift goes for. Plus it's a CD auction so it will go even higher. A smart shopper could get several signed King books for what this one will sell for.

Comment

I have several expensive holes in my SK 1st 1st collection. Selling this particular book could help me fill at least one of them.

However the GE of IT is such a gorgeous book and would be hard to let go of for some, probably, musty and certainly not a fine copy of a 1st 1st.

At the end of the day I am probably all talk. I just have issue(s) with selling anything in my SK collection.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

It's crazy how much that unsigned gift goes for. Plus it's a CD auction so it will go even higher. A smart shopper could get several signed King books for what this one will sell for.

Comment

Kind of torn. I reactivated my FB account after a long hiatus from it. Came back and still have issue with a lot of the content and the tone people communicate with these days. I joined a pretty cool group but not sure I want to support FB by me being on their platform.

Comment

Kind of torn. I reactivated my FB account after a long hiatus from it. Came back and still have issue with a lot of the content and the tone people communicate with these days. I joined a pretty cool group but not sure I want to support FB by me being on their platform.
                        I really only like some of the groups I'm in. If I leave I'd really miss out on that content. There are so few good forums like this. Most are filled with garbage and/or idiots. But overall it's really hard to support Facebook in any manner. They are a good chunk responsible for the garbage we see everywhere, the hate and stupid by choice.

Comment

There is nothing on Facebook that is worth joining them.

Comment

You very well may be correct. I had a dormant account and sadly started accessing it again recently. Thought I could handle it but finding out that is not the case.

Comment

I see some Groups from time to time -- some publisher fan groups, some vintage pb groups, etc. -- that look interesting, and I tell myself at those times that I really need to join Facebook to join in, but I never do and almost certainly never will, especially given the more recent privacy revelations r.e. Facebook. I know I'm likely missing out on some good, informative conversations, but I just have no interest in starting down that bramble-filled path. Most days, I post some (book-only) tweets on Twitter, a few posts here @ CD Forum, perhaps a few each week over at TDT.org, and that's about it. For me, that's plenty.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Damn! $910 at the moment!

I could definitely be talked into parting with my copy for that price in a heartbeat. I don't think I love it that much. But then again, I might be all talk - this is literally the book that got me into the small press collecting. I got my copy from Amazon somehow even!
                                Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                I have several expensive holes in my SK 1st 1st collection. Selling this particular book could help me fill at least one of them.
                                However the GE of IT is such a gorgeous book and would be hard to let go of for some, probably, musty and certainly not a fine copy of a 1st 1st.
                                At the end of the day I am probably all talk. I just have issue(s) with selling anything in my SK collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X