No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This wasn't my introduction to small press but IT is one of my favorite books and the production from CD was awesome. I also have a remarque from Erin Wells in it and emails we exchanged regarding the process.

It really is a special copy of the book to me. However, at those prices, it certainly is tempting to test the market.

On a side note my first small press book was from Grant. From Grant I then moved to CD and then -BAM- I was hooked on small press, special edition books.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Damn! $910 at the moment!

I could definitely be talked into parting with my copy for that price in a heartbeat. I don't think I love it that much. But then again, I might be all talk - this is literally the book that got me into the small press collecting. I got my copy from Amazon somehow even!

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

My first horror limited-edition was a Dark Harvest title back in the late ‘80s.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Can we start a thread for us to discuss, at least the old timers, our daily ailments?

For instance- the weather here as drastically changed overnight- and my bad knee is singing the blues. That coupled with my thrown out back are making this a tough day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          Can we start a thread for us to discuss, at least the old timers, our daily ailments?

For instance- the weather here as drastically changed overnight- and my bad knee is singing the blues. That coupled with my thrown out back are making this a tough day.
          I would start it but I wouldn't know where to start. At this point in life everything hurts!

Comment

Bottom up, top down, or just start somewhere in the middle! LOL LOL

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I would start it but I wouldn't know where to start. At this point in life everything hurts!

Comment

Bottom up, top down, or just start somewhere in the middle! LOL LOL

I did overstate things a bit. The hips do not hurt. That is because I bought new ones.

Comment

Damn! $910 at the moment!

I could definitely be talked into parting with my copy for that price in a heartbeat. I don't think I love it that much. But then again, I might be all talk - this is literally the book that got me into the small press collecting. I got my copy from Amazon somehow even!

CD's auctions go for considerably more than market value. You probably wouldn't have trouble getting $700 for it though.

Comment

I laughed at this because while I don't think I'm an old-timer, I may be entering that phase of life.

How'd you hurt your back? Uhm, brushing my teeth.

(True story - I through my back out a few years ago. How you ask? Well, I was sitting on the couch with my then girlfriend watching X-Files (she was too young for it when it aired originally,) and I got up to feed the dog. BAM. Back OUT! Somehow I managed to even go to work the next day (train to and from Seattle, and walking downtown,) but the next day was a trip to urgent care that ended with a shot in the butt.)

Comment

Even $700 is tempting! I paid $78.75 for copy from Amazon on 12/21/2001 (my god it's been that long?!?!)

And it may be blasphemous, but seeing what Misery goes for is always tempting to me . . . (I still really wish I kept the extra signature sheet in my copy and not have Paul "fix it" - imagine how much more that could have been worth?)

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    CD's auctions go for considerably more than market value. You probably wouldn't have trouble getting $700 for it though.
                    Oh - and I love this guy's review of CD's IT - this was a bargain compared to what's been coming out:

cd_it.PNG
                    (Maybe he's complaining about the asking price in 2013 . . .)

Comment

I'm not an old timer really but injuries and arthritis have really kicked my butt.

I laughed at this because while I don't think I'm an old-timer, I may be entering that phase of life.

How'd you hurt your back? Uhm, brushing my teeth.

(True story - I through my back out a few years ago. How you ask? Well, I was sitting on the couch with my then girlfriend watching X-Files (she was too young for it when it aired originally,) and I got up to feed the dog. BAM. Back OUT! Somehow I managed to even go to work the next day (train to and from Seattle, and walking downtown,) but the next day was a trip to urgent care that ended with a shot in the butt.)

Comment

Even $700 is tempting! I paid $78.75 for copy from Amazon on 12/21/2001 (my god it's been that long?!?!)

And it may be blasphemous, but seeing what Misery goes for is always tempting to me . . . (I still really wish I kept the extra signature sheet in my copy and not have Paul "fix it" - imagine how much more that could have been worth?)

Oh - and I love this guy's review of CD's IT - this was a bargain compared to what's been coming out:

cd_it.PNG
                        2011 I think you mean but still a helluva deal over the issue price of $125.00. I almost purchased one for that amount but thought it was too high at the time lol.

Comment

cd_it.PNG
                          Did the copy you get from Amazon have the slipcase? I think this was the book that copies sent to a distributer, intended for libraries made it onto Amazon.

Comment

Yep! My copy did come with a slipcase. Although the slipcase did have a giant barcode sticker on it that couldn’t cleanly remove but I did get a replacement directly from CD.

Comment

I bought my Fine/Fine/slipcased CD Gift Edition of IT from a member of TDT.org back in 2013. I don't recall how much I paid, but I remember it was a nice deal he gave me...$100 seems to stick in mind, but honestly not sure if that is correct. Might've been $150, but I know it wasn't anymore than that, and I do think it was closer to the former figure...as I recall, anyhow. I've had a number of book increase substantially in value since my time of purchase, but percentage-wise, this edition of IT has to be near the top.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff by Gaimon increased a ton. One of the few books I ever sold. I don't remember the specifics but I was shocked by the value in that little book.

Comment

Working...
                                X