Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the question?? ~Cap

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I am not even getting my question answered.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
      What was the question?? ~Cap
      If they are still planning on producing the traycase for 'The Ghosts of Benevolence'. I respond to each update he sends with a polite ask about this and never receive a response. I have also asked via the website with the same lack of response. And a side note related to your comment about Mr. Little. It appears the newsletter comes from his but the responses go to Zach.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        I looked at my copy of Centipede's THE DRIVE-IN and, thought, wait, that's still not right, mine doesn't look quite like that...until I noticed that yours is upside-down!
        HAHAHA!!!

Comment

If they are still planning on producing the traycase for 'The Ghosts of Benevolence'. I respond to each update he sends with a polite ask about this and never receive a response. I have also asked via the website with the same lack of response. And a side note related to your comment about Mr. Little. It appears the newsletter comes from his but the responses go to Zach.
          A while back (I forget when) Zach Powell sent me a box of books. He did not need to do that for me. I actually donated a couple of the books he sent because I wound up with duplicates. One or two books arrived in/with a protective layer around the book--I don't think it was a traycase--If it was a traycase it was weird looking. The material was very, very thin and kind of crinkly. (It's hard for me to properly describe-I have seen what I am describing used with other products). I immediately thought/suspected that material would not last very long.

Cap

Comment

Well, today I got a second opinion regarding the medical issue affecting me. I do not need a surgery since what was bothering me has gone away. The second doctor told me many people have the same problem as me. Some people like myself seem to be more prone to this condition/problem. I'm smart enough to fully realize /understand this problem may well flare up again. I was very happy with the second doctor and was in a really good mood all day. Cap

I hope everything is taken care of without too much disruption to your life. Take care.

Comment

Well, I learned tonight there is a new low in the King's Way Press debacle. Maybe fiasco is a better word? Guess who is now answering questions for Zach Powell? Paul Little! Nuff said on that score. Zach Powell did send me 1 or 2 free books. I am now firmly convinced I'll never see Poker Night or Silver/Solomon's Seal in my hands. If I do get the books, I might just faint. I've actually been considering taking the 3 or 4 King's Way Press titles I have and donating them at a thrift shop or a library.
              Hey Dan-If this starts a bout of nastyness here so sorry and feel free to delete my post. Needed to speak my mind tonight.

Cap
              What a bizarre situation. Zach quite firmly stated that Paul Little had absolutely nothing to do with KWP. To now involve him in responding to queries seems nuts.
              I don't understand why he doesn't just admit defeat and close shop. He must be the only person on the planet who thinks that these books will ever be released. Or perhaps he doesn't and he just wants to recoup some money on his paperback releases.

Like you cap I have no doubt that the 2 books I ordered will never make their way to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
                What a bizarre situation. Zach quite firmly stated that Paul Little had absolutely nothing to do with KWP. To now involve him in responding to queries seems nuts.
                I don't understand why he doesn't just admit defeat and close shop. He must be the only person on the planet who thinks that these books will ever be released. Or perhaps he doesn't and he just wants to recoup some money on his paperback releases.

Like you Cap I have no doubt that the 2 books I ordered will never make their way to me.
                I feel I've said enough here. All I will add is that I hope one day I may get the two books I ordered from KWP. I did add a comment to the FB thread later. You'll need to go to FB to read my comment. ~Cap

Comment

Well, today I got a second opinion regarding the medical issue affecting me. I do not need a surgery since what was bothering me has gone away. The second doctor told me many people have the same problem as me. Some people like myself seem to be more prone to this condition/problem. I'm smart enough to fully realize /understand this problem may well flare up again. I was very happy with the second doctor and was in a really good mood all day. Cap
                  I hope you have this in the rear view!

Comment

I thought you were beginning to describe my collecting habits

Seriously, glad all is well, Steve.

Comment

Great news. I wish you good health moving forward.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

That is fantastic news! I'm glad you've got answers and an understanding of your situation. Cheers to your health!

Comment

That’s fantastic news. Fingers crossed for continued good health

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            That’s fantastic news. Fingers crossed for continued good health
                            Thanks everyone, all of you,for the well wishes. I really wasn't sure what to expect before my appt. Wednesday morning. ~Cap

Comment

Soooooo I'm sure everyone has seen this article already?

https://deadline.com/2019/08/the-sta...JYMcdeaQDPF4uc

If you haven't I'll tell you it includes a tasty bit of info about the upcoming TV adaptation of THE STAND. It seems King has WRITTEN SOMETHING NEW--a CODA--for the final episode.

And so I got to thinking that there's this publisher who is going to be doing an new edition of this book and we're over a year away from actually seeing this book so MAYBE this new coda might perhaps maybe find its way into the book? Possibly? I'll be your friend!

Comment

What is this "Stand" you speak of?

Comment

Working...
                                X