No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been many years since I last ordered from Brodart. Last time I bought the single sheet types that fit almost all standard sized books. Looking through the Brodart site I can't seem to figure out which ones I had bought. Before that I bought a roll of some type and a bone knife...I will just say I am not very handy, hence, the single sheet type worked better for me.

Anyone out there that could point me in the right direction for the single sheets or provide a product number? If not maybe I can just call Brodart.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Here's what I use, Tim:

Brodart Fold-On

Comment

Thank you, Brian. Those were what I was looking at before I posted but I didn't remember having to order a size.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        Here's what I use, Tim:

Brodart Fold-On

Comment

I just remembered the old email that I had associated with the Brodart account. Logged into an old yahoo address, found it was still active, then went to Brodart and reset my password. Woot!

Looking at my order history it appears I haven't ordered from them since 2011. They were what you posted Brian and they cost 32.4% more than in 2011.

Edit: Shipping is more than the actual order...Hate when that happens.
          Last edited by Ben Staad; 08-13-2019, 07:31 PM. Reason: Added a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            I just remembered the old email that I had associated with the Brodart account. Logged into an old yahoo address, found it was still active, then went to Brodart and reset my password. Woot!

Looking at my order history it appears I haven't ordered from them since 2011. They were what you posted Brian and they cost 32.4% more than in 2011.

Edit: Shipping is more than the actual order...Hate when that happens.
            Most welcome and quite the increase over the years. I think this was my first year ordering and I bet I covered close to 100 books over several days. Now, I try and cover them soon after they arrive if don't have a cover.

Comment

I finally ran out earlier this year. It wasn't a big deal as I'm barely collecting these days.

I still buy all the new SK releases but only pick up a handful (2-4) of "collectible" or signed books each year now.

That being said I have some bare books on my shelves that are starting to bother me. They really look out of place among their protected brethren.

Most welcome and quite the increase over the years. I think this was my first year ordering and I bet I covered close to 100 books over several days. Now, I try and cover them soon after they arrive if don't have a cover.

Comment

For all you Straub fans from Centipede:

One of our upcoming projects is a new limited edition of Ghost Story by Peter Straub. This edition will have archival artwork, plus a new dustjacket by artist Douglas Smith and several two-color linocuts by Vladimir Zimakov, plus bonus archival materials. The edition will be 500 copies, printed on mouldmade paper with natural deckled edges. The anticipated price will be around $400 per copy, with a publication date of around early 2022. If you are interested in this book, please let us know.
                I’m all over this. And I’m even down for splurging on a deluxe edition if offered! This is the one I warned my wife about when I first started collecting. I said if anybody does a fancy-shmancy edition of GHOST STORY I’m throwing down the credit card with no thought to the price.

Comment

Here's what I use, Tim:

Brodart Fold-On
                  These are what I use but I am able to buy them locally at Powell's so I don't have to worry about shipping. They sell 8". 10" and 12". The 10" are what I use for most books.

Comment

Over $900 for a vehicle repair. Argghh.

Comment

OUCH! Sorry to hear that! Everything is built to break.

Comment

That sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          OUCH! Sorry to hear that! Everything is built to break.
                          Very true. Nothing is built to last forever.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          That sucks!
                          It surely is sucky. The great news is I have the cash (for a few more days!) and didn't have to look at *credit cards. Now just need a little luck and avoid any other expensive surprises for the rest of the year.

*Which I don't have anymore.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Tim . Good you have the cash on hand. I don't do the credit card thing either. Which, in times like these, can be a real pickle.

Good thing our books don't follow that logic about built to break

Comment

It seems like I cannot pre-order the new CD from Tool without a massive second hand up-sale. Anyone have an idea...Am I missing something?

Comment

It seems like I cannot pre-order the new CD from Tool without a massive second hand up-sale. Anyone have an idea...Am I missing something?
                                Apparently it's a problem. Demand is too high or something. Here's an article about it.

https://www.metalsucks.net/2019/08/1...o-be-sold-out/
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X