Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year, gang!
    Last edited by Brian861; 01-04-2020, 06:25 AM.

Comment

I took advantage of today's special offer from CD. Actually, to be accurate, I should say I pounced on the offer. lol Cap
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
        I took advantage of today's special offer from CD. Actually, to be accurate, I should say I pounced on the offer. lol Cap
        I was close--very close--to pulling the trigger, but held off. Glad you did, though!

Comment

Devastating news about Neil Peart. Rush has always been one of my favorite bands. I saw them in 1982, 2002 and 2004 and they never failed to impress. The news of Neil's passing came as a complete shock as I didn't even know he was ill.

I feel fortunate to own this signed copy of his Far and Wide book. I will treasure it even more now. :-(

Neil Peart.jpg

Comment

[QUOTE=Marmaduke Grigsby;101764]Devastating news about Neil Peart. Rush has always been one of my favorite bands. I saw them in 1982, 2002 and 2004 and they never failed to impress. The news of Neil's passing came as a complete shock as I didn't even know he was ill.

I feel fortunate to own this signed copy of his Far and Wide book. I will treasure it even more now. :-(

Neil Peart.jpg[/QUOTE
            I had a similar reaction to hearing about Neil Peart. He was a legend and a classy guy.

Comment

Very sad news indeed. I saw them live back in the early 90's and they were awesome.

Comment

I hadn’t heard anything about that until this thread…sorry to hear it, while I was just a moderate fan of Rush, I really enjoyed his motorcycle/travel memoirs, and in them he came across as an exceedingly bright and reflective individual.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I just wanted to take this moment to extend a "Hang in there!" to BJF! Holy shit the heat over on TDT singed my eyebrows. It's way more than BJF deserved. Sorry you had to put up with it. I think you handled it like a boss. Better than I would have. Hope all parties had a chance to come back down from the rage.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    I just wanted to take this moment to extend a "Hang in there!" to BJF! Holy shit the heat over on TDT singed my eyebrows. It's way more than BJF deserved. Sorry you had to put up with it. I think you handled it like a boss. Better than I would have. Hope all parties had a chance to come back down from the rage.
                    We've got you covered over here man. Stand your ground!

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                      Devastating news about Neil Peart. Rush has always been one of my favorite bands. I saw them in 1982, 2002 and 2004 and they never failed to impress. The news of Neil's passing came as a complete shock as I didn't even know he was ill.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21863[/ATTACH]
                      That book is great. I'm have been in a funk since yesterday when I found out Peart had died. Having seen Rush on every tour they did starting in 1980 this is a huge loss . I have every album every DVD every book. Everything. Next to collecting Horror and King related books it's always been about Rush for me. The strive to continue to improve when you are one of the best at what you do always amazed me about Peart. A true loss. My thoughts go out to his wife and young daughter.

Comment

Tis the reason he gets paid the big bucks.
                        Spoiler!
                        . Ain't easy running interference for The Chiz.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          We've got you covered over here man. Stand your ground!
                          Thank you both! I truly believe anyone who has ever watched my interactions with angry customers on that board, or here, or on Facebook know that I usually try to be very measured in my responses, don’t take criticism personally, etc... but the guy making things personal, calling Mindy a “peach” and slagging on Richard... ugh... that kind of stuff isn’t necessary. Feel free to say, “CD messed up” all you want. If we did, I will happily reply and say, “yep, we did, how can I fix this for you!”

But that is also coming from my personal philosophy of how I deal with problems with companies... Ultimately, in the end, I feel like you catch way more flies with honey than vinegar… If there’s a problem, and you as a customer are very polite to the customer service person about it, you’ll get better results. Customer service people who are used to being screamed at and treated like dirt often go the extra mile to make it right for you.

Of course, Mindy goes the extra mile even for the people who yell at her, call her names, swear so much they’d make a sailor blush…!
                          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                            Thank you both! I truly believe anyone who has ever watched my interactions with angry customers on that board, or here, or on Facebook know that I usually try to be very measured in my responses, don’t take criticism personally, etc... but the guy making things personal, calling Mindy a “peach” and slagging on Richard... ugh... that kind of stuff isn’t necessary. Feel free to say, “CD messed up” all you want. If we did, I will happily reply and say, “yep, we did, how can I fix this for you!”

But that is also coming from my personal philosophy of how I deal with problems with companies... Ultimately, in the end, I feel like you catch way more flies with honey than vinegar… If there’s a problem, and you as a customer are very polite to the customer service person about it, you’ll get better results. Customer service people who are used to being screamed at and treated like dirt often go the extra mile to make it right for you.

Of course, Mindy goes the extra mile even for the people who yell at her, call her names, swear so much they’d make a sailor blush…!
                            Yeah I should have also mentioned that Mindy didn't deserve it either! He was just way out of line.

Comment

Yeah I should have also mentioned that Mindy didn't deserve it either! He was just way out of line.
                              I think the next CDCC specialty item should be a "Mindy Rocks!!!" or a "Mindy is a badass!!" t-shirt. Or better yet a Mindy coffee mug! The Mindy Mug!!!!

Comment

Does anyone here know where I can get a dustjacket for the hardcover of Stephen King's Joyland? I only need a dustjacket. ~Cap
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X