Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    nice hand
    I lost it. Found it under the deck in my backyard. So it's seasoned.

Comment

Well now that I have all these posting powers, I can show you all this damn magazine. Here’s the cover.
      F4A41ABC-5987-4600-8BCA-CF2C808AFDB0.jpg

A letter from Steve
      28E7F029-215E-41C1-9410-8E91EEA70F2D.jpg
      Attached Files

Comment

haha Well so much for that! I’ll try again to post the rest in the morning

Comment

My neck hurts.

Comment

LET's keep trying
            Here's an interview you can't read
            IMG_4313.JPG

Here's a snazzy timeline
            IMG_4314.JPG
            Attached Files
            Last edited by jeffingoff; 04-25-2018, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Ok. I don't know why they come out horizontal. They're all vertical on my phone and laptop. So I reshot the cover, list of website, and letter from King with a horizontal orientation. And this is the last torture I'll put you through for now.

Cover
              IMG_4317.jpg

Letter
              IMG_4318.jpg

List of 1998 websites
              IMG_4320.jpg

Comment

THE most fascinating thing about this whole magazine is King's letter and that signature.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                  THE most fascinating thing about this whole magazine is King's letter and that signature.
                  Doesn't look like his sig at all. Thanks for sharing the info. One of my favorite SK books.

Comment

Evil Bastard Author Continues to torture Fans

George R.R. Martin to publish 'Fire & Blood,' a 'Game of Thrones' early history, on Nov. 20

The wait for Winter continues, but in the meantime George R.R. Martin fans will have Fire & Blood to keep them warm.

Martin's publisher Bantam announced Wednesday that a new book called Fire & Blood will be released on Nov. 20, just in time for the holiday season.

Set 300 years before the events in A Game of Thrones, the first book in Martin’s best-selling A Song of Ice and Fire fantasy series, Fire & Blood is the first of two planned volumes. It’s described as “the definitive history of the Targaryens in Westeros and chronicles the conquest that united the Seven Kingdoms under Targaryen rule through the Dance of the Dragons: the Targaryen civil war that nearly ended their dynasty forever.”

The new book will feature more than 75 illustrations by Doug Wheatley.
                    Martin acknowledged in a statement that this is not the next GOT book fans have been waiting, and waiting, for, although he promises he's scribbling away.

“No, winter is not coming... not in 2018, at least. You're going to have to keep waiting for The Winds of Winter. You will, however, be able to return to Westeros this year,” he said. “I do want to stress... indeed, I want to shout... that Fire & Blood is not a novel. This is not a traditional narrative and was never intended to be… let's call this one ‘imaginary history’ instead. The essential point being the ‘history’ part. I love reading popular histories myself, and that's what I was aiming for here… As for me, I'm returning once again to The Winds of Winter.”

Meanwhile, the popular Game of Thrones series on HBO will return for an eighth and final season next year. Bastard!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      Evil Bastard Author Continues to torture Fans

George R.R. Martin to publish 'Fire & Blood,' a 'Game of Thrones' early history, on Nov. 20

The wait for Winter continues, but in the meantime George R.R. Martin fans will have Fire & Blood to keep them warm.

Martin's publisher Bantam announced Wednesday that a new book called Fire & Blood will be released on Nov. 20, just in time for the holiday season.

Set 300 years before the events in A Game of Thrones, the first book in Martin’s best-selling A Song of Ice and Fire fantasy series, Fire & Blood is the first of two planned volumes. It’s described as “the definitive history of the Targaryens in Westeros and chronicles the conquest that united the Seven Kingdoms under Targaryen rule through the Dance of the Dragons: the Targaryen civil war that nearly ended their dynasty forever.”

The new book will feature more than 75 illustrations by Doug Wheatley.
                      Martin acknowledged in a statement that this is not the next GOT book fans have been waiting, and waiting, for, although he promises he's scribbling away.

“No, winter is not coming... not in 2018, at least. You're going to have to keep waiting for The Winds of Winter. You will, however, be able to return to Westeros this year,” he said. “I do want to stress... indeed, I want to shout... that Fire & Blood is not a novel. This is not a traditional narrative and was never intended to be… let's call this one ‘imaginary history’ instead. The essential point being the ‘history’ part. I love reading popular histories myself, and that's what I was aiming for here… As for me, I'm returning once again to The Winds of Winter.”

Meanwhile, the popular Game of Thrones series on HBO will return for an eighth and final season next year. Bastard!!
                      I've pretty much given up. I'm not sure I'll even care at this point when he does finally finish it. I barely even care about the show anymore.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        Ok. I don't know why they come out horizontal. They're all vertical on my phone and laptop. So I reshot the cover, list of website, and letter from King with a horizontal orientation. And this is the last torture I'll put you through for now.

Cover
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20600[/ATTACH]

Letter
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20601[/ATTACH]

List of 1998 websites
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20602[/ATTACH]
                        Thanks for the photo's. If your intention of posting them was to stop me from coveting it, you failed miserably!

Comment

Jeff, watched your new LONG ONES video...you got us pretty good with that one. I think my heart skipped a beat...I’ll send you the ER bill.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Thanks for the photo's. If your intention of posting them was to stop me from coveting it, you failed miserably!
                            Well, I tried to save you. If you find it out there in the wild (that's if bsaenz24 doesn't want to part with one) I'd love to know what you paid. Or what you dig up, if you can dig up anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              Jeff, watched your new LONG ONES video...you got us pretty good with that one. I think my heart skipped a beat...I’ll send you the ER bill.

As horror readers know, a little scare can be invigorating!

I REALLY like that edition. I'm annoyed with myself for spending quite a bit of money on duplicate stories. I only have so much money and I want to get as much material as possible, so this sets me back a little. But the book is really sharp and I think I'll be able to forgive myself.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Cap
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X