Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    You know that recessed spot on top of some bookcases? Well yesterday I was going to put a decorative piece up there and discovered not one but two boxes hiding up there.

Pretty cool to rediscover a few forgotten books! I suppose when I bought this place a few years ago they got put up there during the moving in process.

The books were a LE of "Dark Advent" by Brian Hodge and a deluxe slipcase copy of "Smoke and Mirrors". It was like an early Christmas to me.

On a side note I forgot how much I like that oversized Smoke and Mirrors. Cool book and a number of great signatures.
    Book on a shelve!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      You know that recessed spot on top of some bookcases? Well yesterday I was going to put a decorative piece up there and discovered not one but two boxes hiding up there.

Pretty cool to rediscover a few forgotten books! I suppose when I bought this place a few years ago they got put up there during the moving in process.

The books were a LE of "Dark Advent" by Brian Hodge and a deluxe slipcase copy of "Smoke and Mirrors". It was like an early Christmas to me.

On a side note I forgot how much I like that oversized Smoke and Mirrors. Cool book and a number of great signatures.
      Nice find! I know I have some stuffed above my desk hutch. Can't recall right what is up there.

Comment

Exactly. LOL LOL

Upon further investigation I found two PB copies of "In Mint Condition 2013" which some may know about and one of these artprints:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...0AAOSw71xZnFmM

signed by a Mike Perkins. Have no idea where that one came from and no recollection of buying it.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        Book on a shelve!
        Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Nice find! I know I have some stuffed above my desk hutch. Can't recall right what is up there.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

One of the screws on my glasses just sheared in half. Grumble.
          Last edited by Ben Staad; 11-20-2019, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Yikes!

Comment

Thanks Ron Clinton for trading books with me two months ago. I got McKain's Dilemma by Chet Williamson and it has been a very good read. I'm nearing the end of the book. ~Cap
              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                Thanks Ron Clinton for trading books with me two months ago. I got McKain's Dilemma by Chet Williamson and it has been a very good read. I'm nearing the end of the book. ~Cap
                Glad you enjoyed it. Chet Williamson is one of those great authors that you just have to wonder why they never made it bigger, since it's definitely not the quality of their work. Unfortunately, there are far too many of those...the late Ed Gorman comes to mind, who while he had a generally successful and prolific career in mystery fiction, should have been one of the biggest names in the genre.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Glad you enjoyed it. Chet Williamson is one of those great authors that you just have to wonder why they never made it bigger, since it's definitely not the quality of their work. Unfortunately, there are far too many of those...the late Ed Gorman comes to mind, who while he had a generally successful and prolific career in mystery fiction, should have been one of the biggest names in the genre.
                  Got to agree on the Chet Williamson comment. Every time I run across one of his novels, I'm always impressed. I really remember enjoying his novel "Reign". Have only read a little Gorman, mostly the westerns, and do remember enjoying them. Haven't read any of his mystery stuff. One author that comes to mind for me that I always thought should be bigger is Douglas Clegg. Found a copy of his novel "Neverland" and really enjoyed it. Because of that, I began reading his backlist and was blown away. Can't believe I hadn't heard/read his stuff prior.

Comment

I decided to snag the Chet Williamson book I mentioned in another thread after enjoying McKain's Dilemma. I do have another Chet Williamson book, The Story Of Nocihi The Blind, which I have not yet read. I know I have one Ed Gorman book which I have not read, the title may be Cages, I am not sure right now ~Cap

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                    Got to agree on the Chet Williamson comment. Every time I run across one of his novels, I'm always impressed. I really remember enjoying his novel "Reign". Have only read a little Gorman, mostly the westerns, and do remember enjoying them. Haven't read any of his mystery stuff. One author that comes to mind for me that I always thought should be bigger is Douglas Clegg. Found a copy of his novel "Neverland" and really enjoyed it. Because of that, I began reading his backlist and was blown away. Can't believe I hadn't heard/read his stuff prior.
                    Last edited by c marvel; 11-21-2019, 08:25 PM. Reason: Didn't read all of sholloman81's reply

Comment

I like the sound of the latest announcement from CD. I am not familiar with the author but it sounds interesting.

Comment

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the CD forum. Rather than start another new thread I decided to ask here. Did anyone take advantage of the CD 50% Off Sale yesterday? I did purchase The Narrator by Norman Prentiss & Michael McBride. This is just the type of trade paperback I like. Does anyone know the page count?

Cap

Comment

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the CD forum. Rather than start another new thread I decided to ask here. Did anyone take advantage of the CD 50% Off Sale yesterday? I did purchase The Narrator by Norman Prentiss & Michael McBride. This is just the type of trade paperback I like. Does anyone know the page count?

Cap
                          If I remember correctly it is novella length. Probably around 100 pages. I will try to remember to check when home tonight.

Comment

Cap
                            The Narrator is 104 pages. I passed on the sale.

Comment

No, I didn’t pick up anything at either the CD nor the Dark Regions 50% sales.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                No, I didn’t pick up anything at either the CD nor the Dark Regions 50% sales.
                                Oh I sure did. With the 50% off and with my credit account it was a no brainer. Two signed Terry Brooks and the Gwendy trade plus the Gwendy, Owen King, John Saul and Richard Chizmar limiteds. Thanks CD!

Comment

Working...
                                X