No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randomness reply to random thought comment. Great theme song.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

Comment

Too perfect. This just gets better. I'm an old fish eyed fool!

Comment

I'm glad someone else then Lawanda knows about fish eyed fools!

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          Too perfect. This just gets better. I'm an old fish eyed fool!

Comment

Got a sudden craving for Gorilla cookies

Comment

Ron, Do you have experience with other instruments? If so that should help. Either way have fun and hope you love it!
              My previous music lessons were on the guitar...when I was in grade school four decade ago. Otherwise, no. So I'm very literally starting from ground zero, and kind of hanging my hopes on one YouTube video wherein the guy said, You don't really need to know how to read music to play the eletric guitar. Plus I do a mean air-drum beat on the steering wheel of my car, so at least I can keep up with a beat. So, yeah, it's going to be a long, frustrating road, and I'm prepared for that. If all else fails, I've got a 20-year old daughter who's salivating at the idea of taking it over from me and replacing her accoustic guitar. But I'm going to give it my all before that happens...I'd really like to see something come of this little adventure.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Word around here is he has already scored his first paying gig. He will be doing a new theme song for Jeffingoff's unboxing videos. He is being paid the handsome sum of three slightly used Bentley Little books.
              I'll do my best Weird Al Yankovic to the Thunderbirds' "Wrap it Up":

I've been watchin' your vids for days now baby
              I just love your funny ways now baby
              You know our book-love will never stop now baby
              Just put your book in my mailbox now baby
              Unwrap it I'll take it
              Unwrap it I'll take it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51270i8F3mU

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              HAHAHAHAHA LOVE THIS!

He'll get
              THE CIRCLE (unsigned trade edition)
              WALKING ALONE (unsigned trade edition)
              The MAILMAN (unsigned trade edition)
              And I'll throw in a beer cozy based on THE STORE that I got from NRB.
              You miss the point, Jeff...I'm offering my soon-to-be-stellar musical skills so that your views will grow and your channel will monetize...so you can buy *more* Bentley Little books for yourself. I'm just tryin' to help a book-brother out...
              Last edited by RonClinton; 04-03-2019, 10:57 PM.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Had to look that one up. Redd Foxx (sp?) is hilarious.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                Got a sudden craving for Gorilla cookies

Comment

I was just flipping through my copy of Borderlands, Thomas Monteleone's 1990 anthology. The book is great of course, but the number (26) of sweet signatures collected is fantastic Les Daniels, Karl Edward Wagner, T.E.D. Klein, Ed Gorman, Charles Grant, I think Harlan Ellison is mixed in there somewhere, you know what some of these signatures look like.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    I was just flipping through my copy of Borderlands, Thomas Monteleone's 1990 anthology. The book is great of course, but the number (26) of sweet signatures collected is fantastic Les Daniels, Karl Edward Wagner, T.E.D. Klein, Ed Gorman, Charles Grant, I think Harlan Ellison is mixed in there somewhere, you know what some of these signatures look like.
                    Those older anthologies with all the Big Names in it are just great to have, aren't they? I have a couple bookcases full of nothing but signed HC anthologies, and treasure 'em all. Sad how some of the names are now becoming lost in the fog of the passage of time and are increasingly unfamiliar to a segment of new readers in the genre, but I suppose that's the nature of the beast.

Comment

It is sort of sad and nostalgic, isn't it?? I don't quite have that many Ron, but I do indeed treasure the ones I do have. It's true that age can give us perspective on our collections and the books we collect.

Comment

Probably my favorites are the Dark Harvest anthologies...not necessarily the contents (though there are many, many fine stories within them), but more so the nostalgia and connection to the past that they hold for me. Dark Harvest was kind of my gateway drug to the whole small-press / collecting thing back in the late '80s, and are as much as influence on my becoming a lifelong fan of small-press macabre fiction than anything else (King's NIGHT SHIFT, Lansdale's BY BIZARRE HANDS, etc.), and their anthologies perhaps in particular.

Comment

My favorite Dark Harvest is my Copy of Swan Song! They were a great little press.

Comment

Weed eater recommendations? One you don't have to pull the cord on 18 times to get it to turn over and stop every 5 seconds to get more string.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              Weed eater recommendations? One you don't have to pull the cord on 18 times to get it to turn over and stop every 5 seconds to get more string.
                              I replaced my gas trimmer with one of these last year - https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-15-i...02SF/300638783

I could really use an extra battery, but it works well. My gas trimmer was driving me nuts, and I couldn't get parts for it any more. I'm really glad to have gone electric. These 56V models are great.

Comment

I agree. I love the EGO tools. I have the mower, snowblower, leaf blower, and weed eater. They all work great and I can use the same batteries in all of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X