Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am ashamed to say that I have not yet read......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah Scott, didn't really think Teri and you were the same person, it's just that Teri sounded a lot like you (in a good way) when she first came on board, just used far fewer words

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
      Thanks for the tip. When this was announced I had no idea it was something following another book (or 2 books as the case is), but had heard somewhere that it followed these books. Good to hear for sure that it is so I don't read it right away when the CD edition ships, unless I get Offspring and read that and Off Season by then
      Same here. I didn't know that there were 2 other books before The Woman. And I just finished reading The Woman, too!! Even though I didn't read the first 2, I still loved it, though. I just have to save my pennies for Off Season and Offspring.

Comment

I got my paperback copies through amazon when The Woman was announced.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Nothing. I don't do the "I should read this book" thing. If I can't say "I want to read this book", then I probably won't, regardless of how many people like it or consider it a "classic". I read many different types of books, but if I start one and it isn't doing anything for me, I stop reading.

But as far as there being many books I haven't read yet that I'd like to, sure, there's a ton, but I don't feel ashamed about that because that implies that you're applying someone else's standards of what's "proper" to your own behavior. And that I don't do.

Comment

You put WAY to much thought into this question.

Comment

But in a good way, I think

Comment

I dont agree. Just because your ashamed you haven't read something doesn't mean you think you SHOULD read it. The ones I picked are ones I REALLY wanna read but ya can't read em all at once.

Comment

S'all good, however; I'm still giving Xiabei Rep Points for a brilliant analysis on how he/she sees the question

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                    Dracula by Bram Stoker
                    Different Seasons by Stephen King
                    The Foundation Trilogy by Asimov

So, what have you been meaning to read for a long time, but just haven't gotten to yet? You don't need to be "100%" ashamed, I will settle for mild embarrassment!!!
                    No offense, but dude you need to start reading!!!! Those are some "classic" titles you will never forget!!!

Reading is fundamental!!!!!

Take it from "Gramps"!!! I speak the truth!!! LOL

Oh, and add "The Magic of Xanth" by Piers Anthony, "The Exorcist" by William Peter Blatty, "The Shining" by Stephen King and "Ghost Story" by Peter Straub. Not to mention (which you didn't) "The Lord of the Rings" by J.R.R. Tolkien!!!!
                    Last edited by Merlin1958; 04-01-2012, 05:07 AM.
                    My Collection:
                    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
                    Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
                    http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1958 View Post
                      Oh, and add "The Exorcist" by William Peter Blatty
                      Well.....
                      I'm afraid I find this book one of the most hyped, over-rated ever.
                      Didn't care for the movie (NOT scary whatsoever), nor the book...

sk

Comment

Agree about the book, disagree about the movie (theatrical, directors cut sucked!)
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I wonder what it takes to scare Frik if that movie did not.The original Chainsaw maybe.I liked the exorcist and it did scare me and still kind of creeps me out.

Comment

Somewhere, in some thread, I think I described reading the book was like listening to a 10-year old-stutterer reading from the thesaurus.

And the director's cut of the movie didn't make any sense and ruined the otherwise flawless performances of the main actors.
                            Last edited by srboone; 04-02-2012, 01:52 AM.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Glad I never saw the directors cut then.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                                Well.....
                                I'm afraid I find this book one of the most hyped, over-rated ever.
                                Didn't care for the movie (NOT scary whatsoever), nor the book...

sk
                                Well, to each his own.
                                My Collection:
                                http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
                                Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
                                http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Working...
                                X