Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am ashamed to say that I have not yet read......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I saw it on the internet so it must me true!
    Exactly!

Comment

My grandmother left me shitloads of Agatha Christie (her favorite author) HCs and pbs. SHe'd read them all multiple times and sometimes she was too lazy to look for a copy of an AG book she knew she had, so she'd just buy another one! I've got multiple pb copies of a lot of AG's books.

Dr. Suess is listed ahead of Stephen King! I love it!.

2127854676_952e732abe.jpg
      Last edited by srboone; 02-27-2013, 10:53 PM.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I enjoy King, and Straub (from what I've read anyways), and I also enjoy Koontz a lot. I was lucky in that I was given a bunch of Koontz paperbacks, to go with the few I have purchased. He is different than King. He has some that are more of a sci-fi, and some that would be horror, but to me at least, he is more of a thriller writer? More possible real-world events - less supernatural, in some of the work I have read anyways.

Tommy - I would highly suggest you give Koontz a try. As far as recommendations - I loved Strangers, Voice of the Night was a quick read too, but also Whispers would be a good starting point.

Comment

Well I do have a copy of Dark Rivers of the Heart I got as a Christmas present many moons ago from my brother-in-law, ever read that one?

Comment

Dark Rivers was one of the last Koontz books I really liked before I stopped reading him years later. Great book.

Comment

Good to know, suppose it will be my first by him if I ever get to it, I mean the man has written 91 books I really should try at least one I guess

Comment

Tommy, I never read that one. In fact your post is the first time I remember hearing about it. Let me (us) if you do give Koontz a try, and tell us what you think.

Comment

I saw this on someone's list. (Can't remember who.) Any way I found this and thought of this thread. I read A Brave New World and loved it, I thought I would share this,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=1000677541
                  =)♥¤
                  "now youes can't leave"
                  A Bronx Tale
                  directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

I'm ashamed that I've never read Salem's Lot. I'll be remedying this problem tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X