Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am ashamed to say that I have not yet read......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Pie Hat was a good quick read. I really enjoyed If You Could See Me Now as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
      Pork Pie Hat was a good quick read. I really enjoyed If You Could See Me Now as well.
      I liked PPH too, I really loved the novella at the end of Shivers VI though, A Special Place: The Heart of a Dark Matter, that is very twisted

Comment

Lost Boy is technically the4th in a series. I believe after Koko, Mystery and The Throat. I have not read all of those yet, so I don't know if they "have" to be read in order.

Comment

The plot thickens, literally
          I admit I am far behind on my Straub and I don't know if I should be ashamed or not but I have never read a single Koonz work, am I missing anything there?

Comment

I don't think you're missing anything by not reading Koontz, but others will disagree. Nothing I've read of his has impressed me.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              I don't think you're missing anything by not reading Koontz, but others will disagree. Nothing I've read of his has impressed me.
              And strangely enough, Wikipedia says that Koontz has sold more books than Stephen King

Comment

It doesn't mean he's better. I find Koontz easier to read, but less substantial than King. I can't get into Koontz.

But for a throwaway paperback that you can come home to after a hard day of work and that won't make you think too much, Koontz would naturally sell better than King. I had an uncle who loved Max Brand, Zane Gray, Louis Lamour westerns. He liked them because they didn't take any effort to read them. He wanted to relax, not think about what he was reading. I look at Koontz as the Max Brand of horror.
                Last edited by srboone; 02-27-2013, 09:55 PM.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

it just surprised me that Koontz has sold more is all, my sister always said she couldn't read him either and she is the one who got me into King, wonder if it's a Elvis/Beatles situation where you like one or the other but can't like both equally?

Comment

It also says that Koontz has written 91 books compared to King's 70, 325 million sold for Koontz and 300 million for King, so individual Koontz books sell less than King's but Koontz has more of them

Comment

When I was in high school, only two students read Stephen King religiously: myself and a girl in my class named Shannon. She also read Koontz. I once asked her which one she liked better and she answered: Danielle Steele.

Women. Sheesh!
                      Last edited by srboone; 02-27-2013, 11:13 PM.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I bowed out on Koontz after Odd Thomas, I just couldn't do it. I never understood the Elvis/Beatles comparison at all. Shouldn't it have been Beatles/Rolling Stones or Elvis/Jerry Lee Lewis? That would have made more sense. I'm working on my shame while I wait for Ghost Story to arrive. I made a last second decision and went to B&N and picked up a copy of A Clockwork Orange and even grabbed 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill. I think it's going to be a good weekend

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          When I was in high school, only two students read Stephen King religiously: myself and a girl in my class named Shannon. She also read Koontz. I once asked her which one she liked better and she answered: Danielle Stelle.

Women. Sheesh!
                          Danielle Steel puts them both to shame with 120 books selling more than 500 million to 800 million copies, holy sh*t! Looks like Agatha Christie and Shakespeare are neck and neck with 2billion to 4 billion sold each
                          Last edited by Tommy; 02-27-2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                            Danielle Steele puts them both to shame with 120 books selling more than 500 million to 800 million copies, holy sh*t! Looks like Agatha Christie and Shakespeare are neck and neck with 2billion to 4 billion sold each
                            You sure are quick on the lookups! Only reason why Steele sells so much is because there are a lot of lonely, unsatisfied women out there. Eh, you can keep all of that "He plunged his throbbing manhood into her brimming chalice" mess. I read that line in on of my dad's GF's books and ended up laughing for 30 minutes straight. No thanks, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
                              You sure are quick on the lookups! Only reason why Steele sells so much is because there are a lot of lonely, unsatisfied women out there. Eh, you can keep all of that "He plunged his throbbing manhood into her brimming chalice" mess. I read that line in on of my dad's GF's books and ended up laughing for 30 minutes straight. No thanks, lol
                              lmao, I may have to give her a try now after hearing that,
                              here is the page I am looking upon
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...iction_authors

Comment

I saw it on the internet so it must me true!

Comment

Working...
                                X