Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am ashamed to say that I have not yet read......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neiaushie79
    replied
    I'm ashamed that I've never read Salem's Lot. I'll be remedying this problem tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Sabrina Morgan
    replied
    I saw this on someone's list. (Can't remember who.) Any way I found this and thought of this thread. I read A Brave New World and loved it, I thought I would share this,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=1000677541
    =)♥¤

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Tommy, I never read that one. In fact your post is the first time I remember hearing about it. Let me (us) if you do give Koontz a try, and tell us what you think.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Good to know, suppose it will be my first by him if I ever get to it, I mean the man has written 91 books I really should try at least one I guess

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Dark Rivers was one of the last Koontz books I really liked before I stopped reading him years later. Great book.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Well I do have a copy of Dark Rivers of the Heart I got as a Christmas present many moons ago from my brother-in-law, ever read that one?

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    I enjoy King, and Straub (from what I've read anyways), and I also enjoy Koontz a lot. I was lucky in that I was given a bunch of Koontz paperbacks, to go with the few I have purchased. He is different than King. He has some that are more of a sci-fi, and some that would be horror, but to me at least, he is more of a thriller writer? More possible real-world events - less supernatural, in some of the work I have read anyways.

Tommy - I would highly suggest you give Koontz a try. As far as recommendations - I loved Strangers, Voice of the Night was a quick read too, but also Whispers would be a good starting point.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    My grandmother left me shitloads of Agatha Christie (her favorite author) HCs and pbs. SHe'd read them all multiple times and sometimes she was too lazy to look for a copy of an AG book she knew she had, so she'd just buy another one! I've got multiple pb copies of a lot of AG's books.

Dr. Suess is listed ahead of Stephen King! I love it!.

2127854676_952e732abe.jpg
    Last edited by srboone; 02-27-2013, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I saw it on the internet so it must me true!
    Exactly!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I saw it on the internet so it must me true!

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
    You sure are quick on the lookups! Only reason why Steele sells so much is because there are a lot of lonely, unsatisfied women out there. Eh, you can keep all of that "He plunged his throbbing manhood into her brimming chalice" mess. I read that line in on of my dad's GF's books and ended up laughing for 30 minutes straight. No thanks, lol
    lmao, I may have to give her a try now after hearing that,
    here is the page I am looking upon
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...iction_authors

Leave a comment:

• Neiaushie79
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    Danielle Steele puts them both to shame with 120 books selling more than 500 million to 800 million copies, holy sh*t! Looks like Agatha Christie and Shakespeare are neck and neck with 2billion to 4 billion sold each
    You sure are quick on the lookups! Only reason why Steele sells so much is because there are a lot of lonely, unsatisfied women out there. Eh, you can keep all of that "He plunged his throbbing manhood into her brimming chalice" mess. I read that line in on of my dad's GF's books and ended up laughing for 30 minutes straight. No thanks, lol

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    When I was in high school, only two students read Stephen King religiously: myself and a girl in my class named Shannon. She also read Koontz. I once asked her which one she liked better and she answered: Danielle Stelle.

Women. Sheesh!
    Danielle Steel puts them both to shame with 120 books selling more than 500 million to 800 million copies, holy sh*t! Looks like Agatha Christie and Shakespeare are neck and neck with 2billion to 4 billion sold each
    Last edited by Tommy; 02-27-2013, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Neiaushie79
    replied
    I bowed out on Koontz after Odd Thomas, I just couldn't do it. I never understood the Elvis/Beatles comparison at all. Shouldn't it have been Beatles/Rolling Stones or Elvis/Jerry Lee Lewis? That would have made more sense. I'm working on my shame while I wait for Ghost Story to arrive. I made a last second decision and went to B&N and picked up a copy of A Clockwork Orange and even grabbed 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill. I think it's going to be a good weekend

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    When I was in high school, only two students read Stephen King religiously: myself and a girl in my class named Shannon. She also read Koontz. I once asked her which one she liked better and she answered: Danielle Steele.

Women. Sheesh!
    Last edited by srboone; 02-27-2013, 11:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X