Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am ashamed to say that I have not yet read......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
    I remember reading Weaveworld a long time ago;
    Same here - 1986? It was my first Barker. I barely remember the storyline, but I do remember being really impressed and liking it - very much.

sk

Comment

The list is long, but the main three are Ghost Story, Clockwork Orange, and Lord of the Flies (probably because the movie made me cry). I feel the need to bow my head in shame just typing this.

Comment

I bow my head in shame that I wasted my time reading The Lord of the Flies

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
          Wow, is it really that bad?

Comment

Teri doesn't like much.

I remember liking it when I read it in high school but thats a while back. I have wanted to reread it but haven't had the time.

Comment

I didn't know King wrote that.
              Originally posted by Teriw View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                Teri doesn't like much.

I remember liking it when I read it in high school but thats a while back. I have wanted to reread it but haven't had the time.
                I also remember liking Lord of the Flies when I read it as a required read in school. That and 1984 were both good. Didn't care much for the Shakespeare stuff I read during classes.

If it's not King Teri doesn't really care much for it typically, lol
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

I wasn't a big fan of Lord of the Flies either. I also had to read "All Quiet on the Western Front", "Animal Farm", and "The Jungle". Animal Farm and The Jungle weren't bad, but All Quiet on the Western Front was horribly boring. So boring I don't even remember what it was about.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    ...All Quiet on the Western Front was horribly boring. So boring I don't even remember what it was about.
                    You should have taken the hint from the title "All Quiet"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                      Teri doesn't like much.

I really don't and its not that I ONLY like King I just like to read what I know I am going to like. As for LOTF I was forced to read that in high school and I hated it but alot of that was due to teachers reading too much into it. Everyone knows the general meaning of that story even if you havent read it but the little things they picked into just annoyed the hell out of me. Sometimes a cigar is just a smoke and a story's just a story... and while this may not apply to the entire theme of the story because, yes, there was more to it but everything they picked through made me think just that. I HATE english teachers. They should let you take what you get from a story if thats nothing then its nothing if its more then good for you. Stick to teaching the important shit like Grammar and Spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        I wasn't a big fan of Lord of the Flies either. I also had to read "All Quiet on the Western Front", "Animal Farm", and "The Jungle". Animal Farm and The Jungle weren't bad, but All Quiet on the Western Front was horribly boring. So boring I don't even remember what it was about.
                        Oh and I hated animal farm in general PLUS for the same reasons as LOTF

Comment

The Warehouse Follies by Dan Hocker
                          My Favorite Campsite Chortles by bookworm1
                          10 Things I Hate about International Shipping by peteOcha
                          The 26-volume Encyclopedia of Hates (plus the Broadsheet of Likes) by Teriw

Well, I'd be ashamed if I DIDN'T read them...
                          Last edited by srboone; 02-23-2013, 07:58 PM.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I think that collection may be one of the book of the month selections!
                            Originally posted by srboone View Post

Last edited by Martin; 02-26-2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post

Gave you rep for this one. lol. Wish there was a like button.

Comment

Of Stephen King books, I'm ashamed to admit I haven't read

The Dead Zone
                                Christine
                                Firestarter
                                The Original version of The Stand (is it still in print?)
                                Roadwork and The Running Man
                                Cell
                                half of the stories in Nightmares and Dreamscapes

the first three I saw the movie versions of a lot when I was a kid so I always put off reading them

other books I'm ashamed I haven't read
                                Don Quixote
                                The Faerie Queen
                                Purgatorio and Paradisio
                                Decameron
                                Ghost Story
                                and I've only read a handful of Lovecraft's stories but have really liked what I've read so far

Comment

Working...
                                X