What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    I know what you mean, This being my first Joe Hill book, I found it compulsively readable and inhaled it in a week.
    Did you read the last pages of the book on the typeface???

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
      I really have to get me some Hill books. However, I have lots to keep me busy for a while. After The Stickmen, I will likely tackle Hyperion or Embassytown.
      Don't read Hyperion unless you have Fall of Hyperion on standby

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        I sure did, most intriguing and quite amusingly done

Comment

Originally posted by Lucian Poll View Post
          Much obliged, guys, thanks!

I picked up NOS4R2 yesterday, but I've got a truckload of recent and not-so recent book-buying to tackle, including, but by no means limited to:
          - the entire Dark Tower series (yes, really!);
          - the entire run of A Song of Ice and Fire (as it currently stands - no Game of Thrones spoilers, please. My set-top box failed to record the series after episode one! ARGH!);
          - the Dog Faced Gods trilogy by Sarah Pinborough;
          - the first four Sandman Slim books (in cool hardcovers - I'll add them to the collection thread in due course);
          - other shameful gaps in my King reading (The Stand? IT? It was a tough ask to read these in a week, Bowburn Library!);
          and a ton of novels from authors attending WFC2013.

I'd add them all to Goodreads but I'd probably wind up breaking the site.

So, given the blissful horrortopia above, I think I'll open up The Strange Affair of Springheeled Jack by Mark Hodder.

Good times!
          Wow, lot of reads there! I won't bother attempting to start reading A Song of Ice and Fire until the final book is released, if even then since they are massive. I won't be surprised if the final book doesn't come out though. I have a lot of books I still need to read and that list just keeps growing! Especially since I have to add more sci-fi books to that list in advance of tackling NaNoWriMo for this year, since my story this year will be sci-fi!
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

If I had finished the book before I saw him I would have asked about that.

Comment

Just finished The Shining Girls in preparation for the book signing tomorrow. Now back to The Twelve.

Comment

The McKinney books I ordered have only arrived today! In the meantime I've just finished Romer Zane Grey's "Beyond the Mogollon Rim". Not horror whatsoever, but surely some of you guys are into old school western? Nevada Jim Lacy kicks ass.

Comment

Did you like The Shining Girls?
                  Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                  Just finished The Shining Girls in preparation for the book signing tomorrow. Now back to The Twelve.

Comment

Don't read Hyperion unless you have Fall of Hyperion on standby
                    I have heard that from a couple different people. Somebody mentioned too on here that Hyperion can be a tough read. I may order Fall in advance, so I am prepared.

If I start Anathem, then I won't touch Hyperion for a while judging by it's size (Anathem).

Comment

Just polished off The Walls of the Castle by Tom Piccirilli. It's an interesting little read. Not to long really only about 80 pages. It can be dark at times but it is also a story full of hope. I enjoyed it.

I am currently reading the Exorcist, just started last night, so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                        Did you like The Shining Girls?
                        I am bad at writing reviews so I'll keep it simple. I thought it was a good serial killer book. It was also really well researched and the details, historical and present, about Chicago were very accurate. The only downside is that I would have liked more information on...
                        Spoiler!

I would give it a 4/5.

Comment

Thanks, I like simple reviews.
                          I would give it a 4/5.

Comment

I am bad at writing reviews so I'll keep it simple. I thought it was a good serial killer book. It was also really well researched and the details, historical and present, about Chicago were very accurate. The only downside is that I would have liked more information on...
                            Spoiler!

I would give it a 4/5.

At the signing I got my question regarding the time frame of the book answered so I'll bump it up to a 4.5/5

Comment

Started Embassytown last night. It is a different read for sure. I think once I get used to it, I will end up enjoying it.

Comment

I'm half way through Joyland (finally started it yesterday). I'm enjoying it, hope to finish today.

Comment

Working...
                                X