No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Bizango by Stephen Gallagher for just under $17. I took advantage of the Subterranean Press low stock sale and grabbed this numbered edition. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Apparently, every year, my new employer goes all out for Halloween. Each department is tasked with coming up with a theme, and this year they decided to be Colorful Colorado.

I'm not sure what the other groups are doing, but the group I belong to (which is essentially Appraisal Desk and Oh Yeah, Jason too . . .) is doing The Shining.

In case you're not aware, The Overlook Hotel is actually located in Colorado (plus NOS4A2 has a connection here, and don't forget about The Stand . . .)

I was originally just going to wear this shirt that I got today:

IMG_0240.jpg

But my wife is also going to apply a bunch of special effects makeup to make me look frozen. I have no idea what anyone else is doing in my department, but I already know my costume will be the best. (I do wonder how it'll work out when I go walking at lunch . . .)

Comment

You'll have to post a pic of the final outfit!

Comment

And pretty fitting, buddy since it looks like you guys got your first snowfall already. Be true to the book while walking at lunch and carry a croquet mallet

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
            You'll have to post a pic of the final outfit!
            Absolutely!

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            And pretty fitting, buddy since it looks like you guys got your first snowfall already. Be true to the book while walking at lunch and carry a croquet mallet
            Yeah, we got about four inches Wednesday night/Thursday morning and the forecast has four days of snow starting tomorrow (and a 60 degree temperature swing from today to Wednesday!)

Croquet mallet! Why did I not think of that?!?! I wonder if I can find one at a thrift store . . . genius Brian!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              Absolutely!

Yeah, we got about four inches Wednesday night/Thursday morning and the forecast has four days of snow starting tomorrow (and a 60 degree temperature swing from today to Wednesday!)

Croquet mallet! Why did I not think of that?!?! I wonder if I can find one at a thrift store . . . genius Brian!
              I bet you could. Supposed to start getting chilly here as well.

Comment

Happy Day After Halloween, hope everybody survived! I picked this up the other day. Nice signed copy. Been looking for this one for a little while. Have a great weekend!

Carnv..jpg

Comment

As promised, some pictures of our The Shining theme at work.

(Rachel and Amie, who played the twins, won an individual prize!)

Pictures under the Spoiler tag . . .
                  Spoiler!

I want to share a funny story about all of this. Thursday night, my wife and I watched The Shining movie. She hadn't ever seen it before; I've only seen bits and pieces - never the full thing. As the moving is getting close to the end, Katie looks over to me and says "It's been two hours and we still haven't gotten to your scene," meaning my frozen Jack, "and I still don't understand how croquet fits into this movie."

Also, Amie made Red Rum Balls as a treat, and I brought two home to share. Katie also made the comment when Danny first rights Redrum on the door "Oh, Red Rum - I get it!"

She's silly, but I love her.

Comment

Looks great ^^^

Comment

Looks good, thanks for sharing! I may have to try Red Rum balls some time!

Comment

That's hilarious, Jason about Katie. Glad you were about to score the mallet! You need to have her read the book now. So much better than the movie.

Comment

I received Centipede Press's edition of Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke. While it isn't a surprise given Centipede's reputation for putting out quality books, I was very impressed with the final product.

6CE135BB-2635-4E26-9CFD-A0022ADC84AC.jpeg30CC0C7F-2A27-4658-8791-41FDF23DF39B.jpeg720C1269-B90D-4967-8E82-E4FF2AB32B68.jpeg720C1269-B90D-4967-8E82-E4FF2AB32B68.jpeg
                          Last edited by Sock Monkey; 11-13-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

B118C0DA-0C7C-4BFA-9FEC-F8930023118B.jpeg732BDBFC-0F15-44EA-8B79-8F36E2C74AE4.jpeg12939FA2-A074-45ED-85B1-0C36BDA5F91C.jpeg

Comment

Here a few pictures of Childhood's End's slipcase. There is a nice inlay in the slipcase. Unfortunately, mine was scratched upon arrival. I'm debating about contacting Jerad to get a replacement. I try not to be too picky about these things, but the book was $300.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]21808[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21809[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21810[/ATTACH]

Comment

Here's Childhood's End sans dustjacket. I don't know what this is bound in specifically--Centipede's website only states "clothbound"-- but it feels very luxurious.
                                619D7895-4341-4A39-9683-20BC57127DF2.jpeg499D31B0-D344-428B-81A6-8D9CF969EC4D.jpeg96EAB0A8-1C33-4100-969E-DC75255DC8E7.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                                X