No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And lastly, a couple of quick pics of the interior illustrations by David Ho, which are beautiful. Overall, it's a gorgeous edition.
    63B0E4CA-0DCA-4705-BF0D-47E1A4536B4B.jpeg7CFA7ED2-1291-4096-8CBE-479AD7866C98.jpeg

Comment

Every time I skip a Centipede Press book because I decide “it’s just not my thing“, like this one, I always regret it. Every single damn time. What an incredibly beautiful and rich production.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]21810[/ATTACH]
        Uh oh, I see a blemish. No, no, it's not a piece of fuzz that can be easily wiped off. The book is now worthless. I'll do you a solid and take it off your hands for the cost of shipping.

Comment

I'm waiting for Dune!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            I'm waiting for Dune!
            Me too, but Jerad said it’s going to be $400 and I don’t know if I can swing that, especially with the upcoming next edition of Ender.

Comment

Hmm, hadn’t heard the price was set(ish). That’s a bit higher than I’d hoped. :-/
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Hmm, hadn’t heard the price was set(ish). That’s a bit higher than I’d hoped. :-/
                I expected a premium price, but this might be too rich for me. (Jerad told me price in an email when I expressed interest in a possible unsigned version.)

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Every time I skip a Centipede Press book because I decide “it’s just not my thing“, like this one, I always regret it. Every single damn time. What an incredibly beautiful and rich production.
                  Me too! That’s why I just opted to become a subscriber. It hits the wallet pretty hard, but there’s never a worry of missing out and/or talking myself out of a book.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                    Uh oh, I see a blemish. No, no, it's not a piece of fuzz that can be easily wiped off. The book is now worthless. I'll do you a solid and take it off your hands for the cost of shipping.
                    Good looking out! I knew you had my back.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      I'm waiting for Dune!
                      Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      Me too, but Jerad said it’s going to be $400 and I don’t know if I can swing that, especially with the upcoming next edition of Ender.
                      Ouch. That’s gonna be hard to swallow so soon after HILL HOUSE. And I can’t miss out on the next Ender book.

Comment

I managed to grab a copy of the The Shining from The Folio Society signed by Stephen King in that weird sale they had a few weeks ago. First signed King.

IMG_20191119_070431.jpg
                        IMG_20191119_070457.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                          I managed to grab a copy of the The Shining from The Folio Society signed by Stephen King in that weird sale they had a few weeks ago. First signed King.
                          Gorgeous book! Congrats on the nice acquisition and your first signed King!

Comment

Very nice, congratulations!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Just received my copy of Jeff Vandermeer's "Dead Astronauts". Did anyone else pick this one up? Would love to hear what you think of its presentation. I love how colorful the book cover is and love how colorful the book boards are themselves. Also loved the story being stamped into the book itself like his previous novel "Of Cities Saints & Madmen". All that being said, I hate how small the book size is. It looks tiny next to "standard" size novels. Feels like they traded size for color. While this will make a good reading copy, I'm really hoping someone does a limited!

Comment

Working...
                                X